Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Hope you liked this part. Getting closer to Lois and the Beast meeting. All comments are welcome.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Thanatos:
Hope you liked this part. Getting closer to Lois and the Beast meeting.
You're dragging this out, aren't you?

So, Sam went off to the fair, but never got there, because he got lost. Serves him right for not taking Lois with him.

In the light of day, he could see that the castle looked well tended for on the inside, despite the outward appearance of being abandoned. Surmising that someone lived here in secret, Sam was suddenly eager to leave the castle, fearful what the occupant, or occupants, might do if they found him invading their space.
I thought you said in Part 1 that Clark's staff hadn't abandoned the castle, but this sounds like Clark lives there alone, keeping it maintained and clean with his abilities.

Looking around, Sam noticed rose bushes lining the path to the castle. They were the strangest roses he had ever seen, they were a pale lavender color unlike any others he had seen. They were also among the most beautiful roses he had ever seen.
clap Really, Sam, have you MET your daughter? Wow, wild purple roses, thinks Lois, I've got to check those out. (If the beast had been in silouhette, how did he know it was a "hideous beast"?)

Lois watched her father go to bed, already planning to search for this mysterious clearing tomorrow. She might not have much to go on, but she was determined to make a good try of it. Satisfied, she headed for bed, intending to get an early start in the morning.
And that was the last anyone ever saw of Lois. But, good news, Prince Clark returned with a new bride, and kicked out that nasty beast!

dance On your new posting schedule. It will make it even easier to procrastinate writing my own story. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a lovely tale, Adam! Very sad up until now, but I'm sure you'll fix it soon, right? RIGHT??? hyper hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments. Next part is about to come up.

VirginiaR

I thought you said in Part 1 that Clark's staff hadn't abandoned the castle, but this sounds like Clark lives there alone, keeping it maintained and clean with his abilities.
I'll have to check again, but I'm pretty sure he chased them all away because he was transforming and later everyone assumed the Beast had killed him.

BTW, the rose is based on Sterling Roses, the ones in the film "Bed of Roses". IIRC, they're a more recent (19th century) hybrid and I wanted something that wouldn't really have existed, sort of a magical rose.

Picture of Sterling Rose

As for Ellen, well I had to make Sam more of a devoted father for the story to work, and of course the mother always seems to be missing in fairytales, so I turned the event into a wake up call to change his ways.

Everyone is afraid of Lex, because people who don't get in his way have a way of disappearing.

Yes, Clark's hearing is a problem, so he was out, simple solution wink .

Yep, he's falling into that old trap. If you let people think that you're a beast, you'll end up acting like one eventually to prove them right.
It's true people often become what is expected of them.

(If the beast had been in silouhette, how did he know it was a "hideous beast"?)
I may have to rework a bit of this so it fits better. Either here or the confrontation I guess.

On your new posting schedule. It will make it even easier to procrastinate writing my own story.
Well not much I can say about that, I started this story oh, a decade ago and just finished. Of course most of that was spent not even touching it.

Andreia

No promises evil .

I'm curious about one thing: how is Clark ruling the kingdom? Or did the council take over?
Yes the council is ruling with Clark presumed dead, killed by the Beast. I may have to work that in a bit better.

I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people look deep within my soul and assign me a number based on the order in which I joined.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Speaking of Lois being curious... laugh

I like the changes in that the Beast (Clark) didn't hold Sam prisoner or punish him for the roses, since that would definitely be out of character for him. And poor guy--not having had any human interaction or conversation for so long is taking its toll on him. My heart broke a bit for him when he was so afraid that he was losing who he was.

Glad that Sam escaped without major injuries--that's a nice change! I'm interested to see now if Lois will stay in the palace or if she'll just keep visiting him when she finds the roses.

Can't wait till they meet more officially!

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This story just proves that in any Universe Lois is still an investigator. Who wouldn't want to find out the whereabouts of such unusual flowers? Besides Sam gave her precious little information, of course she was curious!

Poor Clark, my heart goes out to him! Don't worry big fella, help is on the way! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
T
Thanks for the comments AntiKryptonite and Morgana

AntiKryptonite

I like the changes in that the Beast (Clark) didn't hold Sam prisoner or punish him for the roses, since that would definitely be out of character for him.
Exactly. I had two big issues to deal with to make this story work without changing Clark's character too much A) Turning him into a Beast (which Tempus was kind enough to do for me evil ) and B) getting Lois to the castle which couldn't be done by either holding Sam prisoner or exchanging him for his daughter from the get go. So instead I let him go and let Lois' curiosity do the rest. laugh

Morgana

This story just proves that in any Universe Lois is still an investigator. Who wouldn't want to find out the whereabouts of such unusual flowers? Besides Sam gave her precious little information, of course she was curious!
Exactly. Wouldn't be Lois if she was any other way. laugh

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard