Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#84843 02/13/12 09:11 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy Valentine's Day Folcs!

(Also, I hope this little bit of somewhat WAFFy fluff earns me some forgiveness for posting a bleak story about Perry's death a few days ago.)

laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#84844 02/13/12 09:53 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Love that Clark takes helping Lois's mood so seriously, like his own personal mission, and that he feels a bit of pride for being able to help Lois.

And wow, Ellen Lane is nothing if not the exact opposite of subtle, is she? smile at even Clark's crushing optimism taking a blow.

How sweet that Lois actually realized what Clark had been doing during lunch and that he was always there for her. Not dating Luthor certainly speeds up her Clark revelations, doesn't it? smile

My heart just about melted when Clark said he might not be her knight or her dream guy but asked if he could be her valentine anyway--and I laughed when she called him a sentimental marshmallow.

How characteristic that Clark chose an ice cream flavor she'd like even though it wasn't his favorite.

The end was just the right touch--love the description about his spirits flying high.

Great Valentine's Day story!

#84845 02/14/12 04:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awww! Sniff, sniff. (Blow nose.)

Wonderful little love story. Thanks, Vicki.

Pat

#84846 02/14/12 05:47 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwww! I loved it!!!

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
#84847 02/14/12 07:40 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First off, thank you for reminding me how wonderful any little touch is when one is in love. razz Anyone who could bring Clark down deserved to be tarred and feathered! mecry

A man was teetering on the edge of a building, swaying drunkenly. Below, a crowd of onlookers stared in horror. Some pointed, some chewed their nails nervously. All were muttering to themselves, the people around them, or yelling up to the man on the ledge.
I had to read this twice. I thought the crowd was yelling at him to "Jump!" shock Metropolis, what has gotten into to you?! Whew, it was just another mis-read by me though.

Was Lois right? Was Valentine's Day just out there to make single people upset? He had to believe that it wasn't. And he had to believe that his plan to lift Lois' spirits would work. If he could make her happy, perhaps he'd be able to make himself feel better by extension.
I love that Clark makes himself feel better by making someone else feel better. He's such a sweetie!

Once safely back in his apartment, he didn't even bother to spin back out of the suit.
For a second there, I thought Superman was accidentally going to have a romantic dinner with Lois. shock Whew!

"Ah, but they are yellow roses," Clark said, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.
Yeah, you keep on believing that one, Clark. By the way, I've got this bridge in Brooklin I'd love to sell you...

Lois, you are my best friend, and it breaks my heart to see you get upset. So, I'd like to ask you...would you be my valentine? Is...is that...okay?" He suddenly felt very nervous.

"It's more than okay," Lois said, smiling softly. "And I'd love to be your valentine, you sentimental marshmallow."
I love this! Clark is so a marshmallow!

"Care for some dessert?" he asked her, his voice low and soft.

Lois playfully arched one eyebrow. "Depends. What are you offering?"

"Double Chocolate Explosion ice cream."

"Ooooh. You are a dangerous man, Kent."
This is a nice change for the woman who told Lex once "I never eat dessert." (Thanking my lucky stars, she never asked THAT man what he was offering.)

We need to package up Clark's essence in a shot made available to most men for Valentine's Day. What a more happy world this would be.

Thank you for reminding me about the little things, DC. Great story!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#84848 02/14/12 08:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Love that Clark takes helping Lois's mood so seriously, like his own personal mission, and that he feels a bit of pride for being able to help Lois.

And wow, Ellen Lane is nothing if not the exact opposite of subtle, is she? smile at even Clark's crushing optimism taking a blow.

How sweet that Lois actually realized what Clark had been doing during lunch and that he was always there for her. Not dating Luthor certainly speeds up her Clark revelations, doesn't it? smile

My heart just about melted when Clark said he might not be her knight or her dream guy but asked if he could be her valentine anyway--and I laughed when she called him a sentimental marshmallow.

How characteristic that Clark chose an ice cream flavor she'd like even though it wasn't his favorite.

The end was just the right touch--love the description about his spirits flying high.

Great Valentine's Day story!
Thank you so much, AntiK! Glad that you enjoyed this fluffy little tale. Ellen Lane is about as far from subtle as humanly possible. laugh And yes, no Lex in the picture does open the gates for a lot speedier revelations to Lois about how she really feels about Clark. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#84849 02/14/12 08:13 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
Awww! Sniff, sniff. (Blow nose.)

Wonderful little love story. Thanks, Vicki.

Pat
Thank you, Pat! wave Hope you are well!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84850 02/14/12 08:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by lcfan99:
Awwww! I loved it!!!
Thank you so much! Glad you liked it! dance

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84851 02/14/12 08:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First off, thank you for reminding me how wonderful any little touch is when one is in love...When you are in love with someone and you don't think they love you and don't have the courage (yes, it takes courage) to tell them how you really feel... every little touch, caress, kiss feels like heaven. You express this so well here.
blush You're very welcome. Ah, the thrill of a brand new love. Makes every little touch be heightened by about 3000%. And you are right, it does take a lot of courage to tell them how you feel.

Ellen Lane! You should be ashamed of yourself! Treating your daughter like that. Just because your life didn't end up the way you wanted it to and you don't have a romantic interest on Valentine's Day, doesn't mean you have to chastize your daughter for being in the same boat. Shame, shame on you! <<shakes finger!>> And do to so infront of Lois's work associate! Anyone who could bring Clark down deserved to be tarred and feathered!
clap

Yeah, you keep on believing that one, Clark. By the way, I've got this bridge in Brooklin I'd love to sell you...
*watchs as Clark checks how much money he's got in his wallet*

I love this! Clark is so a marshmallow!
Soft, squishy, and full of sugary sweetness!

This is a nice change for the woman who told Lex once "I never eat dessert." (Thanking my lucky stars, she never asked THAT man what he was offering.)

We need to package up Clark's essence in a shot made available to most men for Valentine's Day. What a more happy world this would be.

Thank you for reminding me about the little things, DC. Great story!
Oh God! I, too, would hate to know what Lex's "dessert" would have been. Oooh, Essence Of Clark...maybe not as a shot, but as a cologne available all year long? Maybe peace on Earth would finally have a chance!

Thanks for the lovely feedback!! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84852 02/14/12 09:45 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Just peeking in to let you know how much I enjoyed your story. Very, very touching, beautiful, cute... Loved it!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#84853 02/14/12 11:06 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Just peeking in to let you know how much I enjoyed your story. Very, very touching, beautiful, cute... Loved it!
Thanks so much, Lara! Glad you enjoyed it! wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84854 02/14/12 11:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wonderfully WAFFy hyper

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#84855 02/14/12 12:41 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Wonderfully WAFFy hyper
Thank you so much, Ken! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84856 02/14/12 05:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was just adorable. Loved it. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#84857 02/14/12 05:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
That was just adorable. Loved it. Laura
wave Thank you, Laura!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84858 02/15/12 01:56 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Lovely, as usual! I read this in bed last night before I fell asleep with visions of waffy plums dancing in my head!

.talk nerdy to me.
#84859 02/15/12 07:45 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Lovely, as usual! I read this in bed last night before I fell asleep with visions of waffy plums dancing in my head!
Aww! Thanks, Mrs. Luthor! Always happy to provide the WAFFs!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84860 02/15/12 08:34 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a wonderfully sweet story. smile

Joy,
Lynn

#84861 02/15/12 08:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
What a wonderfully sweet story. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Awww! Thanks so much, Lynn! Glad you liked it. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84862 02/21/12 08:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Who could ask for a sweeter more innocent WAFFY story than this!

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, just like Lois I think it is very tough on single people, but this was special.

Battle on!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard