Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Deadly Chakram FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 01:11 AM
Happy Valentine's Day Folcs!

(Also, I hope this little bit of somewhat WAFFy fluff earns me some forgiveness for posting a bleak story about Perry's death a few days ago.)

laugh
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 01:53 AM
Love that Clark takes helping Lois's mood so seriously, like his own personal mission, and that he feels a bit of pride for being able to help Lois.

And wow, Ellen Lane is nothing if not the exact opposite of subtle, is she? smile at even Clark's crushing optimism taking a blow.

How sweet that Lois actually realized what Clark had been doing during lunch and that he was always there for her. Not dating Luthor certainly speeds up her Clark revelations, doesn't it? smile

My heart just about melted when Clark said he might not be her knight or her dream guy but asked if he could be her valentine anyway--and I laughed when she called him a sentimental marshmallow.

How characteristic that Clark chose an ice cream flavor she'd like even though it wasn't his favorite.

The end was just the right touch--love the description about his spirits flying high.

Great Valentine's Day story!
Posted By: angelsgmaw Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 08:44 AM
Awww! Sniff, sniff. (Blow nose.)

Wonderful little love story. Thanks, Vicki.

Pat
Posted By: lcfan99 Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 09:47 AM
Awwww! I loved it!!!
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 11:40 AM
First off, thank you for reminding me how wonderful any little touch is when one is in love. razz Anyone who could bring Clark down deserved to be tarred and feathered! mecry

A man was teetering on the edge of a building, swaying drunkenly. Below, a crowd of onlookers stared in horror. Some pointed, some chewed their nails nervously. All were muttering to themselves, the people around them, or yelling up to the man on the ledge.
I had to read this twice. I thought the crowd was yelling at him to "Jump!" shock Metropolis, what has gotten into to you?! Whew, it was just another mis-read by me though.

Was Lois right? Was Valentine's Day just out there to make single people upset? He had to believe that it wasn't. And he had to believe that his plan to lift Lois' spirits would work. If he could make her happy, perhaps he'd be able to make himself feel better by extension.
I love that Clark makes himself feel better by making someone else feel better. He's such a sweetie!

Once safely back in his apartment, he didn't even bother to spin back out of the suit.
For a second there, I thought Superman was accidentally going to have a romantic dinner with Lois. shock Whew!

"Ah, but they are yellow roses," Clark said, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.
Yeah, you keep on believing that one, Clark. By the way, I've got this bridge in Brooklin I'd love to sell you...

Lois, you are my best friend, and it breaks my heart to see you get upset. So, I'd like to ask you...would you be my valentine? Is...is that...okay?" He suddenly felt very nervous.

"It's more than okay," Lois said, smiling softly. "And I'd love to be your valentine, you sentimental marshmallow."
I love this! Clark is so a marshmallow!

"Care for some dessert?" he asked her, his voice low and soft.

Lois playfully arched one eyebrow. "Depends. What are you offering?"

"Double Chocolate Explosion ice cream."

"Ooooh. You are a dangerous man, Kent."
This is a nice change for the woman who told Lex once "I never eat dessert." (Thanking my lucky stars, she never asked THAT man what he was offering.)

We need to package up Clark's essence in a shot made available to most men for Valentine's Day. What a more happy world this would be.

Thank you for reminding me about the little things, DC. Great story!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 12:12 PM
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Love that Clark takes helping Lois's mood so seriously, like his own personal mission, and that he feels a bit of pride for being able to help Lois.

And wow, Ellen Lane is nothing if not the exact opposite of subtle, is she? smile at even Clark's crushing optimism taking a blow.

How sweet that Lois actually realized what Clark had been doing during lunch and that he was always there for her. Not dating Luthor certainly speeds up her Clark revelations, doesn't it? smile

My heart just about melted when Clark said he might not be her knight or her dream guy but asked if he could be her valentine anyway--and I laughed when she called him a sentimental marshmallow.

How characteristic that Clark chose an ice cream flavor she'd like even though it wasn't his favorite.

The end was just the right touch--love the description about his spirits flying high.

Great Valentine's Day story!
Thank you so much, AntiK! Glad that you enjoyed this fluffy little tale. Ellen Lane is about as far from subtle as humanly possible. laugh And yes, no Lex in the picture does open the gates for a lot speedier revelations to Lois about how she really feels about Clark. smile
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 12:13 PM
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
Awww! Sniff, sniff. (Blow nose.)

Wonderful little love story. Thanks, Vicki.

Pat
Thank you, Pat! wave Hope you are well!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 12:15 PM
Originally posted by lcfan99:
Awwww! I loved it!!!
Thank you so much! Glad you liked it! dance
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 12:25 PM
First off, thank you for reminding me how wonderful any little touch is when one is in love...When you are in love with someone and you don't think they love you and don't have the courage (yes, it takes courage) to tell them how you really feel... every little touch, caress, kiss feels like heaven. You express this so well here.
blush You're very welcome. Ah, the thrill of a brand new love. Makes every little touch be heightened by about 3000%. And you are right, it does take a lot of courage to tell them how you feel.

Ellen Lane! You should be ashamed of yourself! Treating your daughter like that. Just because your life didn't end up the way you wanted it to and you don't have a romantic interest on Valentine's Day, doesn't mean you have to chastize your daughter for being in the same boat. Shame, shame on you! <<shakes finger!>> And do to so infront of Lois's work associate! Anyone who could bring Clark down deserved to be tarred and feathered!
clap

Yeah, you keep on believing that one, Clark. By the way, I've got this bridge in Brooklin I'd love to sell you...
*watchs as Clark checks how much money he's got in his wallet*

I love this! Clark is so a marshmallow!
Soft, squishy, and full of sugary sweetness!

This is a nice change for the woman who told Lex once "I never eat dessert." (Thanking my lucky stars, she never asked THAT man what he was offering.)

We need to package up Clark's essence in a shot made available to most men for Valentine's Day. What a more happy world this would be.

Thank you for reminding me about the little things, DC. Great story!
Oh God! I, too, would hate to know what Lex's "dessert" would have been. Oooh, Essence Of Clark...maybe not as a shot, but as a cologne available all year long? Maybe peace on Earth would finally have a chance!

Thanks for the lovely feedback!! smile
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 01:45 PM
Just peeking in to let you know how much I enjoyed your story. Very, very touching, beautiful, cute... Loved it!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Just peeking in to let you know how much I enjoyed your story. Very, very touching, beautiful, cute... Loved it!
Thanks so much, Lara! Glad you enjoyed it! wave
Posted By: KenJ Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 03:54 PM
Wonderfully WAFFy hyper
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 04:41 PM
Originally posted by KenJ:
Wonderfully WAFFy hyper
Thank you so much, Ken! smile
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 09:10 PM
That was just adorable. Loved it. Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/14/12 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Laurach:
That was just adorable. Loved it. Laura
wave Thank you, Laura!
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/15/12 05:56 AM
Lovely, as usual! I read this in bed last night before I fell asleep with visions of waffy plums dancing in my head!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/15/12 11:45 AM
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Lovely, as usual! I read this in bed last night before I fell asleep with visions of waffy plums dancing in my head!
Aww! Thanks, Mrs. Luthor! Always happy to provide the WAFFs!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/15/12 12:34 PM
What a wonderfully sweet story. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/15/12 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
What a wonderfully sweet story. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Awww! Thanks so much, Lynn! Glad you liked it. laugh
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/21/12 12:06 PM
Who could ask for a sweeter more innocent WAFFY story than this!

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, just like Lois I think it is very tough on single people, but this was special.

Battle on!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/21/12 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Morgana:
Who could ask for a sweeter more innocent WAFFY story than this!

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day, just like Lois I think it is very tough on single people, but this was special.

Battle on!
Thank you, Morgana! Before I met my husband, I used to dress in black and watch horror movies on Valentine's Day, because, yes, it *is* tough on single people. I *almost* made Lois do the same thing (mention watching some horror movies as her plan for the night). Glad you enjoyed!
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/21/12 05:00 PM
Was going to review this story on ff.net, and was going back to check and see just what I wrote on these comments (since I hate double commenting laugh )... and I learned that I never actually commented on this story! eek Don't know how that got past me... I guess it must have had something to do with my internet connection... but the blame is solely my own. blush

I actually really liked the idea of lunch with Ellen taking Clark down a peg- too funny! At least we know where Lois gets her sense of dramatics from. wink

The jumper was a good little side point. Although it actually made me think of a "Mike and Molly" episode I caught the other day (a show I normally don't watch, but I can find anything to procrastinate) which I literally lol'd at.
(jumper) How come there’s no news
vans and helicopters?
(carl) This is Valentine’s Day… the city
is filled with jilted jumpers.
You’re lucky you got
your own ledge.
(mike) You hear that? You’re
not the only fella in town
with a little case
of the “boo-hoos.”
(carl) Apparently, there’s some guy
on the Michigan Avenue Bridge
dressed in a Batman suit.
(mike) That must be getting a lot of airplay.
(carl) Every channel.
(mike) Hey, let’s face it, you can’t
compete with Batman on a bridge.
Now, why don’t you
come inside.
(carl) Yeah. And if you still
feel like jumping,
do it on a slow news day.
laugh Just reminded me of Lois and Clark, for some reason (probably your story :p ).

Anyways... back on topic, I loved this line from *your* story:
"And I'd love to be your valentine, you sentimental marshmallow."
clap Perfect! We have a new nickname for Clark (when lunkhead doesn't fill the picture)!

Great job!
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/21/12 05:36 PM
Was going to review this story on ff.net, and was going back to check and see just what I wrote on these comments (since I hate double commenting )... and I learned that I never actually commented on this story! Don't know how that got past me... I guess it must have had something to do with my internet connection... but the blame is solely my own.
LOL! Thanks! laugh (I also hate double commenting, so I totally get you!)

I actually really liked the idea of lunch with Ellen taking Clark down a peg- too funny! At least we know where Lois gets her sense of dramatics from.
lol Seriously though! Ellen's kind of a nut that way. Plus, I just thought it would be kind of funny if she just bulldozed down his optimism.

The jumper was a good little side point. Although it actually made me think of a "Mike and Molly" episode I caught the other day (a show I normally don't watch, but I can find anything to procrastinate) which I literally lol'd at.
That quote was just too good! Never heard of that show though...Glad you liked the jumper. I waffled on that part, but ultimately decided that Clark needed that second splash of cold water all over his optimism.

Perfect! We have a new nickname for Clark (when lunkhead doesn't fill the picture)!
Thanks! laugh
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/21/12 08:02 PM
Dress in black and watch Horror movies? Nope before I meet my husband I either worked late or had lots of single friends over for games and dessert.

It was a cool way to put thoughts of romance out of our minds and still meet interesting people!

Hmmm come to think of it, that would be a cool way for Lucy to spend *next* Valentine's Day!

Again, thanks for the awesome story.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 02/21/12 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Morgana:
Dress in black and watch Horrow movies? Nope before I meet my husband I either worked late or had lots of single friends over for games and dessert.

It was a cool way to put thoughts of romance out of our minds and still meet interesting people!

Hmmm come to think of it, that would be a cool way for Lucy to spend *next* Valentine's Day!

Again, thanks for the awesome story.
That's a nice thing, Morgana, and definitely a good way to put thoughts of romance safely out of mind. When I was in college, I'd invite people into my room and watch The Evil Dead movies. smile When I was working, it was different - I was getting home around 8pm and was usually dead-tired (was crunch time in the college admissions office). So no inviting people over.

I actually never had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day. I was always single...and when I did meet my husband, we were already engaged by the time V-Day rolled around. wink
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 03/04/12 12:40 PM
goofy

Then it came to him. Caffeine.
laugh

"Anytime. We can't have tomorrow's headline reading 'Reporter Snaps: Kills Six,'" he teased.
wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Operation: Cupid - 03/04/12 07:18 PM
Oooh! Darth Michael is here! hyper
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards