Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1
Ooooh. Talking hot and spicy! notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Adorable! wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love your writing Sue. This is adorable and I can hardly wait for more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
can't wait for tomorrow!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh my word. What a beautiful, sweet chapter. I'm blown away. I thought the spice conversation at the beginning was cute and so them, but the longer it went on, the more...intense, actually...it became. I love how much of their individual characters it shows, how much of their personalities are portrayed through the simple, mundane spices.

Had to laugh out loud when she asked if he actually used them and he was surprised she even needed to ask, and again when she gaped at him wondering when mac and cheese was supposed to have complexity. Great lines all the way throughout.

And him saying he'd cook every day for her--heartwarming and romantic and humorous all at once, a great combination.

Can't wait to see the date itself!

Kerth
Kerth
Happy Valentine's Day! I thank you guys for the lovely presents. FDK is always a good bet. It's cheap, it's easy, and it's just what I've always wanted. sloppy

Virginia - Awww, shucks. I thank you for the compliments but I'd have no idea how to teach anything. I just write what I'd pay good money to see. Thanks, also, for picking out (and laughing at) one of my favorite lines - That was all she needed to make her evening complete - to see Clark leave on yet another errand. smile You're right about how she should just kiss him already. And maybe she will… wink

Mouserocks - Thank you! I love writing banter between our heroes. That was what drew me into the show to start with and it's why the characters never quite seem to leave me.

Laura - Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Sarah - Waiting is always the hardest part, isn't it?

AntiKryptonite - I dithered over the spice conversation, worrying that it went on too long. My beta assured me that it "somehow they made it seem sexy". It's not that I doubted her opinion, just me. blush So I'm very, very happy to read that you liked it, too.

Soooo. I have the third part done. But I'm having a mini-freak out about it. I've lost about half the people who read the first part, which always makes me start wringing my hands in despair. (Is it me? Is it the story?) I haven't heard from my beta since Friday night. That's why this fic has such an unimaginative title. I couldn't think of anything (until after I started posting and it was too late to change it). And then a very similar story got posted today. I don't want our stories to get confused. So I might sit in my corner and rock back and forth tonight and post tomorrow. wallbash

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sue S.:
<strong> Soooo. I have the third part done. But I'm having a mini-freak out about it. I've lost about half the people who read the first part, which always makes me start wringing my hands in despair. (Is it me? Is it the story?) I haven't heard from my beta since Friday night. That's why this fic has such an unimaginative title. I couldn't think of anything (until after I started posting and it was too late to change it). And then a very similar story got posted today. I don't want our stories to get confused. So I might sit in my corner and rock back and forth tonight and post tomorrow. hyper So far, no two stories I've read on the boards are THAT much alike. Post away, Sue, post away! PLEASE!!! notworthy (And for my 2 cents, I like "Worth The Risk" title.)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Sue,

Would it help balance the feedback for the two parts to have someone who lurked through the first part give you a three-clap salute: clap clap clap in the FDK for the second part?

I am thoroughly enjoying this story and am eagerly awaiting the final installment.

Joy,
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
Damn SKIPPY it's a date! clap clap clap

.talk nerdy to me.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
SUE!!!!!

Imma come over there and kick your talented patootie. I have been waiting ALL DAY for the last part!!! You can't leave us hanging like this, similar story posted or not. (And sorry to the other author, but I know who I would cheer for)

POST!!!

P.S. as for your beta not getting back to you...well...not even gonna touch that.

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So I love that spending an evening with Clark is better for Lois's blood pressure than yoga, lol. I personally love the calming effect Clark has on Lois - he definitely mellowed her throughout the show's run.

Them on the couch? Lovely. I was rooting for her to kiss him! Be fearless, Lois! Actually, I just loved that she was thinking about it almost to the point where she couldn't concentrate on the conversation.

The spices conversation worked for me - you said that you thought it was too long? - because I think it said lots within that simple conversation. Lois was learning about Clark - how well-traveled he was, how much he knew about cooking, that there were parts of his life she didn't know much about yet. Clark is a pretty complex person for being just a farmoy from Kansas!

And so yes! I want him to make dinner for her. And I want to see their date. And I checked the board tonight so hoping to see part 3... don't make us wait too long! I'm sure it's fabulous.

Tracey smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Other story? What other story?

Jokes aside, I'm leaving my happy, peaceful lurker-land to tell you two things:

1) I just discovered these two parts and avidly read them. Loved them from the first to the last word. Fabulous writing, fabulous story telling, sexual tension, Lois and Clark... perfection.

2) Get us that third part! Now! Pleeeeaaaase! grovel With lovely time-zones and what-not I had to confirm several times to myself that Valentine's Day's over. Then I checked the list of stories and feedback several times if I had overlooked the probably most delicious conclusion to this little, heart-warming story. And nothing... So... whatcha waiting for? Who needs betas if they've got fans waiting?

Love, Sira.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I can't wait for the last part. Or I wouldn't object if it was longer than one part. smile I am enjoying this story immensely.

Sarah

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
I for one can't wait. And yes, I know it's ironic since I owe you all a new chapter of my story.

Been so busy. But I want to read yours! Wanna!!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
So, this post makes one more than the fdk for the first part, so that means you'll post the last part now, right?!? Please?!? grovel

One of the things I love most about your writing is that it is so true to the characters. I never have any trouble losing myself in your stories.

Amber smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sue? <<Cough, Cough>> Sue? wave

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another lurker joining the fray....

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
ummm....yeah still waiting. I need my fix. smile

Sarah

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She could see lights on in Clark's loft as she got closer. He was home then.
How fast did SM take care of that previous emergency I wonder, to make damn sure he was there when Lois made it to his apt!

"Take a chance," she whispered to herself outside his door. "You can say anything to your best friend."
I love thinking about Clark on the other side of the door hearing this, loud and clear.

Lois hadn't, but she wasn't about to admit that. "If I wasn't using them, they wouldn't be all mixed up and I'd find the one I was looking for a lot faster."
Good cover!

Anything she wanted? He'd be shocked if he knew what she really wanted at this moment.
Sometimes I wish mind-reading was among the list of Clark's talents.

Love the spice talk.

His gaze shifted from the ajwain seeds to her. "Can't I be both?"
I love this. So simple, yet so complicated. It's the essence of Clark.

"You're on." He smiled and picked up the bag of vanilla beans. "I'll make you vanilla pudding, too."
Yum! Sounds like the ideal Valentine's dinner!

"Lois, I'd make you dinner every night if you wanted."
Awwh. And she's right, he is so cute when he's flustered!

"What if I do want it to be a date?" she asked softly.
So glad she found the courage. Can't wait for the date! clap

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
VANILLA? Lois is any thing but. Can I say that?

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard