Ooooh. Talking hot and spicy! notworthy
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/13/12 08:52 PM
Adorable! wave
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/13/12 09:14 PM
I love your writing Sue. This is adorable and I can hardly wait for more. Laura
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/13/12 11:41 PM
can't wait for tomorrow!
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/14/12 12:46 AM
Oh my word. What a beautiful, sweet chapter. I'm blown away. I thought the spice conversation at the beginning was cute and so them, but the longer it went on, the more...intense, actually...it became. I love how much of their individual characters it shows, how much of their personalities are portrayed through the simple, mundane spices.

Had to laugh out loud when she asked if he actually used them and he was surprised she even needed to ask, and again when she gaped at him wondering when mac and cheese was supposed to have complexity. Great lines all the way throughout.

And him saying he'd cook every day for her--heartwarming and romantic and humorous all at once, a great combination.

Can't wait to see the date itself!
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/14/12 04:57 PM
Happy Valentine's Day! I thank you guys for the lovely presents. FDK is always a good bet. It's cheap, it's easy, and it's just what I've always wanted. sloppy

Virginia - Awww, shucks. I thank you for the compliments but I'd have no idea how to teach anything. I just write what I'd pay good money to see. Thanks, also, for picking out (and laughing at) one of my favorite lines - That was all she needed to make her evening complete - to see Clark leave on yet another errand. smile You're right about how she should just kiss him already. And maybe she will… wink

Mouserocks - Thank you! I love writing banter between our heroes. That was what drew me into the show to start with and it's why the characters never quite seem to leave me.

Laura - Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Sarah - Waiting is always the hardest part, isn't it?

AntiKryptonite - I dithered over the spice conversation, worrying that it went on too long. My beta assured me that it "somehow they made it seem sexy". It's not that I doubted her opinion, just me. blush So I'm very, very happy to read that you liked it, too.

Soooo. I have the third part done. But I'm having a mini-freak out about it. I've lost about half the people who read the first part, which always makes me start wringing my hands in despair. (Is it me? Is it the story?) I haven't heard from my beta since Friday night. That's why this fic has such an unimaginative title. I couldn't think of anything (until after I started posting and it was too late to change it). And then a very similar story got posted today. I don't want our stories to get confused. So I might sit in my corner and rock back and forth tonight and post tomorrow. wallbash
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/14/12 05:18 PM
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sue S.:
<strong> Soooo. I have the third part done. But I'm having a mini-freak out about it. I've lost about half the people who read the first part, which always makes me start wringing my hands in despair. (Is it me? Is it the story?) I haven't heard from my beta since Friday night. That's why this fic has such an unimaginative title. I couldn't think of anything (until after I started posting and it was too late to change it). And then a very similar story got posted today. I don't want our stories to get confused. So I might sit in my corner and rock back and forth tonight and post tomorrow. hyper So far, no two stories I've read on the boards are THAT much alike. Post away, Sue, post away! PLEASE!!! notworthy (And for my 2 cents, I like "Worth The Risk" title.)
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/14/12 05:29 PM
Hi Sue,

Would it help balance the feedback for the two parts to have someone who lurked through the first part give you a three-clap salute: clap clap clap in the FDK for the second part?

I am thoroughly enjoying this story and am eagerly awaiting the final installment.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: MrsLuthor Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/14/12 06:17 PM
Damn SKIPPY it's a date! clap clap clap
Posted By: LolaDane Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/14/12 09:12 PM
SUE!!!!!

Imma come over there and kick your talented patootie. I have been waiting ALL DAY for the last part!!! You can't leave us hanging like this, similar story posted or not. (And sorry to the other author, but I know who I would cheer for)

POST!!!

P.S. as for your beta not getting back to you...well...not even gonna touch that.
Posted By: traceylynn Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/14/12 09:26 PM
So I love that spending an evening with Clark is better for Lois's blood pressure than yoga, lol. I personally love the calming effect Clark has on Lois - he definitely mellowed her throughout the show's run.

Them on the couch? Lovely. I was rooting for her to kiss him! Be fearless, Lois! Actually, I just loved that she was thinking about it almost to the point where she couldn't concentrate on the conversation.

The spices conversation worked for me - you said that you thought it was too long? - because I think it said lots within that simple conversation. Lois was learning about Clark - how well-traveled he was, how much he knew about cooking, that there were parts of his life she didn't know much about yet. Clark is a pretty complex person for being just a farmoy from Kansas!

And so yes! I want him to make dinner for her. And I want to see their date. And I checked the board tonight so hoping to see part 3... don't make us wait too long! I'm sure it's fabulous.

Tracey smile
Posted By: Sira Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/15/12 06:44 AM
Other story? What other story?

Jokes aside, I'm leaving my happy, peaceful lurker-land to tell you two things:

1) I just discovered these two parts and avidly read them. Loved them from the first to the last word. Fabulous writing, fabulous story telling, sexual tension, Lois and Clark... perfection.

2) Get us that third part! Now! Pleeeeaaaase! grovel With lovely time-zones and what-not I had to confirm several times to myself that Valentine's Day's over. Then I checked the list of stories and feedback several times if I had overlooked the probably most delicious conclusion to this little, heart-warming story. And nothing... So... whatcha waiting for? Who needs betas if they've got fans waiting?

Love, Sira.
Posted By: sarah Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/15/12 02:42 PM
I can't wait for the last part. Or I wouldn't object if it was longer than one part. smile I am enjoying this story immensely.

Sarah
Posted By: L Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/15/12 04:33 PM
I for one can't wait. And yes, I know it's ironic since I owe you all a new chapter of my story.

Been so busy. But I want to read yours! Wanna!!
Posted By: amberlea Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/15/12 08:09 PM
So, this post makes one more than the fdk for the first part, so that means you'll post the last part now, right?!? Please?!? grovel

One of the things I love most about your writing is that it is so true to the characters. I never have any trouble losing myself in your stories.

Amber smile
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/16/12 12:22 AM
Sue? <<Cough, Cough>> Sue? wave
Posted By: AmyPrime Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/16/12 07:13 PM
Another lurker joining the fray....
Posted By: sarah Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/17/12 03:09 PM
ummm....yeah still waiting. I need my fix. smile

Sarah
Posted By: EmilyC Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/17/12 08:39 PM
She could see lights on in Clark's loft as she got closer. He was home then.
How fast did SM take care of that previous emergency I wonder, to make damn sure he was there when Lois made it to his apt!

"Take a chance," she whispered to herself outside his door. "You can say anything to your best friend."
I love thinking about Clark on the other side of the door hearing this, loud and clear.

Lois hadn't, but she wasn't about to admit that. "If I wasn't using them, they wouldn't be all mixed up and I'd find the one I was looking for a lot faster."
Good cover!

Anything she wanted? He'd be shocked if he knew what she really wanted at this moment.
Sometimes I wish mind-reading was among the list of Clark's talents.

Love the spice talk.

His gaze shifted from the ajwain seeds to her. "Can't I be both?"
I love this. So simple, yet so complicated. It's the essence of Clark.

"You're on." He smiled and picked up the bag of vanilla beans. "I'll make you vanilla pudding, too."
Yum! Sounds like the ideal Valentine's dinner!

"Lois, I'd make you dinner every night if you wanted."
Awwh. And she's right, he is so cute when he's flustered!

"What if I do want it to be a date?" she asked softly.
So glad she found the courage. Can't wait for the date! clap
Posted By: SJH Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/17/12 11:41 PM
VANILLA? Lois is any thing but. Can I say that?
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/18/12 09:21 PM
Okay, so here's what happened. I really didn't want to replicate someone else's story, so I tried to rewrite part 3. But it was awful. So after stewing over it for a few days, I've gone back to the first version. I'm sorry it took so long to get it posted - that was never my intention.

Now, to the particulars:

Virginia - I'm not saying they're going to be exact duplicates. But there are a lot of similar elements. Thanks for the reassurance on the title. smile

Lynn - Yay! I'm glad I lured you out on the second part. I'll try harder in the future to make the first part worth commenting on, too.

Mrs. Luthor - Oh, it is SO a date. laugh

Lola - I didn't mean to leave you hanging. <ducks> As for the beta part - I first got the idea last Thursday and I was rushing to get it done and posted by Valentine's. I knew your schedule is sometimes hectic and I didn't want to pressure you.

Tracey - You picked up exactly what I was trying to establish with the spice conversation. Thank you!

Sira - Oooh! Another lurker lured out into the light! Thank you so much for the compliments - I giggled and clapped when I read them.

Sarah - Will it work for you if it's just a longer part? <g>

L - Wow - I've L reading my story!?! Awesome! clap

Amber - Thank you for the highest possible compliment in fanfic. It means a lot to me that you'd think they're true to the characters. laugh

Amy - A third lurker joins the fray! Whee!

Emily - I think Lois is probably really glad that mind-reading isn't one of Clark's talents (at present, anyway). You'll have to let me know how your pudding turned out. <g>

SJH - OMG! It's been forever since you've chimed in on one of my stories. I've missed your snarkilicious sense of humor so much!

I'm going to do one more read-through of part 3 and then I'll finally get it posted. Thanks to everyone for your comments and your patience. sloppy
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/19/12 05:51 AM
I'll try harder in the future to make the first part worth commenting on, too.
My lack of posting on the first one was no reflection on the part's comment-worthiness, but on my hectic schedule.

I had originally planned to comment only after I finished reading the story; that I commented in the middle of it reflects how good the story is.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/19/12 10:51 AM
Ah, Lynn, you proved my point. smile
I had originally planned to comment only after I finished reading the story; that I commented in the middle of it reflects how good the story is.
I want to write stories that are so good that you can't wait until the end to say something (even if it's just one line to say "like it"). I will redouble my efforts in the future to make all the parts worth a comment. laugh
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/19/12 12:04 PM
I am not sure how you can improve upon your writing; it is so good as it is. But if it means that you'll be posting more stories as added practice, then by all means try! wink

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/20/12 07:16 AM
What a great idea mentioning spices from all over the world! Of course Clark is able to get this stuff and not worry about getting the bottles through customs!

The chemistry is sweet and easy. Perfect for two friends stumbling towards something more than a mere friendship.

So sad Part 3 is the final!
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 02/20/12 03:37 PM
Lynn - There's always room for improvement. smile

Morgana - Thank you! I'm glad the chemistry came through.

My thanks - again - to everyone who's taken the time to leave comments. sloppy
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 03/04/12 09:48 AM
Oh, look! Part 2! blush
Twice Lois almost turned around to return home, but she would have been stuck in the same rush-hour traffic with nothing to show for it so she persevered.
Yes. Better face Clark than rush-hour traffic. I like where this is headed…

Lois climbed the stairs slowly, still desperately trying to figure out what she was going to say.
How about: “Umm… Amm… Uhhh… I… Clark… Umm… Amm… I… You… Umm… Amm… Uhhh… We…”

Spending an evening with Clark was better than yoga for her blood pressure.
goofy And since she’s already on the track. Soon it will actually be a workout like yoga and elevate her heartrate?

What if she lost that? What if she ruined the easy companionship they currently shared?
I’m sure there are lots of yoga studios in Metropolis. And if she’s lucky, the Planet’s health plan will cover it. Plus, she will likely book a course at a yoga studio run by an evil environmentalist, thus also get a story out of it.

"You can say anything to your best friend."
Yes. Didn’t Clark say “I can’t take it anymore. Take me, if you still want me, I’m yours.” And, they’re still here. Earth is also still spinning nicely.

For half a second she was tempted to turn around and run.
/imagines Clark’s look on his face/ But hey, it could be worse. Mayson could open the door.

In addition to the smile he was wearing jeans and dark gray t-shirt that was every bit as form fitting as the one he'd worn on their almost date.
“In addition to” goofy Well, there’s Sugar and Spice right there in the living room… So, at least, two?

How romantic could half an already-opened bottle be anyway?
goofy But that would make their *next* date, the one that’s the actual, official date, their *third* date. Umm…never mind. I just realized that was a stupid worry.

Especially when I'd be happy just to come over and count how many spices you have."

He grinned and let out a surprised laugh. "I can tell that not knowing is really starting to get to you."
Spice counting can be romantic.

"Are you kidding me?" she exclaimed in amazement. "Do you actually use all of these?"
/imagines sheepish shrug/

"Why not make chocolate pudding if you're going to go to all that trouble? Vanilla is so… bland."
goofy

"Macaroni and cheese," he said, as if it should have been obvious to her. "You make your roux, add milk, peel an onion and stick a bay leaf to it with a clove. Let that simmer in the sauce while it thickens. It gives it a nice complexity."
wave Michael
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 03/15/12 09:24 PM
Yes. Didn’t Clark say “I can’t take it anymore. Take me, if you still want me, I’m yours.” And, they’re still here. Earth is also still spinning nicely.
Sure, but that was only after Lois had spent an entire night seducing him.

Alphabetized my spices."

Also works great on rice the same way.
Yes, it does! I frequently toss a bay leaf into the rice steamer. Nice to know I'm not alone. smile

Thanks for the long FDK, Michael. It is very much appreciated!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Worth the Risk (2/3) - 03/18/12 05:46 AM
Sure, but that was only after Lois had spent an entire night seducing him.
Are you actually trying to find reasons for them *not* to hook up? wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards