Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#84222 12/30/11 08:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! A forward Lois! Me likey. I liked how she made J&M nervous about the alien talk. And how she missed the turn-off and the friendly banter between Pete and Clark. Lots of fun with possibilities! Cute!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute story! Anything more hiding on your computer? smile Like a followup?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave So, what’s brewing on the light side?
Lois jabbed violently at the buttons on her rental car’s stereo system, but all she could get was static and one exceptionally dull talk-radio station that was currently discussing agricultural trends.
GGGoH?

The train that had taken fifteen minutes to pass was finally dragging its last boxcar across the length of track in front of her.
Nah, sounds like she’s alone here.

“Crop circles! Hah!” She scoffed to herself as she drove over the bumpy tracks toward the dirt road.
So, a younger Lois?

An assignment that had promised to be a legitimate story about possible life forms, visiting from other planets, turned out to be a bunch of teenagers pulling pranks on unsuspecting farmers.
Did Lois tick off Perry so he decided to send her to the country side so she can cool off a bit without getting into trouble?

“There’s nothing even remotely close to an alien life form anywhere near this god-forsaken town, unless you count rednecks as aliens.”
Umm…

Somewhere in the distance she could make out what looked like a car on the side of the road, and she hoped with everything in her being that she wouldn’t come across the bleached bones of a lost person who broke down and was never rescued.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Haha aww! Thanks guys!

No, I don't have a follow up piece, but I could work on one.

I have a few other random pieces, but one of them is probably going to get me murdered.

peep It's a Lex & Lois story! Eeep!

It would be a good ice breaker for the longer one I'm working on about Lois & Lex though, so maybe I should post it!

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

/runs around screaming/

Okay, I'll bite.

/starts looking for the L&L and the Hick&Lois one wink

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Crop circles! Hah!” She scoffed to herself as she drove over the bumpy tracks toward the dirt road.
hyper

“No, I got halfway up Airport Road when I realized I forgot something.” She said with a smile.
"I forgot to say that you are gorgeous and my name is Lois."

“Here.” She said, handing him the thermos. “You looked thirsty when I came by earlier.” She lied.
Coward. :p

“Some of your mother’s sweet-tea.”
clap

“Lois Lane? Daily Planet?” Clark asked, obviously shocked. “I have a job interview next week with the Editor, a Perry White? I’ll be in town for a few days.” Clark explained excitedly.
Wahoo!

“I’ll give you a call when I’m in town then.” Clark said with a confident nod.

“I look forward to hearing from you.” Lois said, her eyes connecting with his for a long moment before they said goodbye and she disappeared up the dirt road again.
clap

What a delightful little tale! Love it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
shock shock shock shock shock shock shock shock

/runs around screaming/

Okay, I'll bite.

/starts looking for the L&L and the Hick&Lois one wink

Michael
Haha! I'm going to post the short L&L one in a little bit. I'm just rereading it and changing a few things. Apparently I do that POV jump thing a lot without even realizing. I never really noticed it before, but this L&L one does it in the most horrible ways!

.talk nerdy to me.
Kerth
Kerth
Cute story! I liked how it was a sort of sweet prologue to the series. Can't wait to read what else you've got! I like Lex well enough to tolerate that (plus I'm currently pondering a very similar Lois/Lex situation, so I'm in the mood wink )!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Cute story! I liked how it was a sort of sweet prologue to the series. Can't wait to read what else you've got! I like Lex well enough to tolerate that (plus I'm currently pondering a very similar Lois/Lex situation, so I'm in the mood wink )!
Haha! I can always count on you to support even my most hair-brained ideas! Can't wait to read your L&L story too!

.talk nerdy to me.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a sweet little story! Anything with Jonathan and Martha is alright with me. hyper

Yikes! Mrs. Luthor you better duck! A story featuring Lex and Lois? Talk about turning tables! Does Clark and the rest of the newsroom gang know?

Can hardly wait. dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, Lois and Clark meeting before he interviews at the planet. Great start to an alternate story. I think you should continue the story.

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
[b] Cute story! I liked how it was a sort of sweet prologue to the series. Can't wait to read what else you've got! I like Lex well enough to tolerate that (plus I'm currently pondering a very similar Lois/Lex situation, so I'm in the mood wink )!
Haha! I can always count on you to support even my most hair-brained ideas! Can't wait to read your L&L story too! [/b]
Unless it's Dan. Then my support is tortured at best. laugh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I really enjoyed this alternate beginning/meeting for the two of them. Do wonder how her past with Claude's going to play into it though if you do decide to make a followup.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Adorable!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
thumbsup clap Bravo! That was a really great read! I've wondered over how it would have been sometimes if Lois had met Clark somewhere outside of Metropolis, something more country-fied, more in line with Clark's "natural" setting(and loved the "eye candy" observation).

I've seen other stories that addressed that option too, but this creation of yours is really sweet. Good job!

TEEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait a second! Everybody is talking about how cute this story is, but nobody is mentioning the fact that Jonathan and Martha are running a DINER!

What's up with that? Where is the farm? eek

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Morgana:
Wait a second! Everybody is talking about how cute this story is, but nobody is mentioning the fact that Jonathan and Martha are running a DINER!

What's up with that? Where is the farm? eek
Haha! I just like the idea and putting those two in different situations. Maybe they have farm hands who manage the farm. They are pretty old.

.talk nerdy to me.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cute story.

Jonathan and Martha weren't always just farmers. In the silver age of comics during the run of Superboy comics, the Kent's ran the local grocery store.

So, anything is fair game.

Tank (who would like to see the follow up of Clark coming to Metropolis and Lois not acting the disinterested party)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tank.

Yeah, but BEFORE the general store they ran a farm, but because Pa Kent's heart condition got bad they sold the farm and brought a store.

I remember those comics very well.... wink

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow...

I havent been hitting the boards as often as I should. Its been ages since I last came here.

I am pretty happy to find new, willing and creative authors around. Keep it up! thumbsup

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard