Next Thread
Print Thread
#84150 12/26/11 05:32 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
All comments on the little ficlet should end up here. Comments are nice, crit is even better.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#84151 12/26/11 07:05 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Very cute. I liked how Clark jinxed himself. Murphey's law, after all... Good job!

PS: you forgot to use the blue arrow at the head of your story post. It helps draw attention to your story and differentiate it from other posts. wink

SJT wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#84152 12/26/11 07:06 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Cute little story! Poor Clark! Murphey's Law has a way of kicking him and Lois around. :p Great job! clap

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#84153 12/27/11 12:23 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Thanks Mouserocks! I hadn't done this before so I didn't know whether that was a common thing for fics.

Yeah, those two definitely don't have a good time of it. Clark even commented on it once in "Contact." I don't think he realized that Lois is just as "jinxed" as he is and he's closer to a lucky charm than a curse.

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
#84154 12/27/11 01:47 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a wonderful fandom fanfic debut -- short, sweet, and amusing.

I suspect our muses might be sisters. This is the sort of story I like to write myself. I only wish I had thought of it.

Well done!

I hope this is but the first of many fictlets and longer pieces you grace us with. smile

Joy,
Lynn

#84155 12/27/11 03:53 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
What a wonderful fandom fanfic debut -- short, sweet, and amusing.

I suspect our muses might be sisters. This is the sort of story I like to write myself. I only wish I had thought of it.

Well done!

I hope this is but the first of many fictlets and longer pieces you grace us with. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Thank you Lynn! I'll admit that I've written this pairing in another version of the fandom (Reeve movies specifically) but hadn't gotten any of my stories for this L/C fandom ready to be posted anywhere. My muses tend to be intermittent and finicky about their voices so I tend to shy away from posting anything until it's almost done. Thus far any story beyond 4000 words hasn't gotten to that point.

#84156 12/27/11 04:52 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Cute! I've often thought this scenario through when watching that scene. Well done!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#84157 12/27/11 06:53 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A great little bit that cries out for a sequel!
More!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#84158 12/27/11 08:19 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That's too funny! lol

I've read a lot of fanfic on this site and the archive, but I don't think I've ever read one with that premise!

Perry: (To Lois) Honey, this could be greatest story since Superman came to town. By-the-by, where is that husband of yours?
--Faster Than a Speeding Vixon
#84159 12/27/11 12:43 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Artemis: There wasn't a sequel planned to this one but now that I think about it, it could have logically continued just a little bit longer before it merged back into the series so I may re-write it and repost a slightly longer version. I don't expect it to be too much longer, though.

Jackiek: I'm with you. I'd been looking for an "angle" to this scene for a long time that hadn't been played with in fic and this popped out at me.

lcfan99: Yeah, you'd think someone might have taken that line and ran with it at some point but I never found it before I decided it was time to write it myself. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

#84160 12/27/11 03:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very good!

Now comes the real challenge...where will you go with it? smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#84161 12/27/11 11:26 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is my first fic in this fandom so I hope everyone enjoys it.
wave

“Oh come on, give me a break here!” Clark shouted out into the darkness as the night echoed with thunder and the patter of rain skittered over the warm concrete.
So, what are you going to flip around?

At Clark’s words, the ground shook and shivered and his eyes widened as he realized that he just might have jinxed himself.
clap

He leaned forward to scoop her up into his arms just as the ground underneath shuddered, cracked and sank a dozen feet below the couple.
So, is that a higher power telling Clark that it’s much better to *first* tell her the secret and *then* propose?

“Is this what you were going to say?”
clap /imagines Clark setting her down, pulling out a ring, and saying, “No, I was going to wait with that until you said yes. Maybe until you said ‘I do’. The kids start floating at 18?”

Wonderful debut, Christina! Looking forward to more fun clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#84162 12/28/11 12:40 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap
Very cute ficlet, so full of irony. Tempus would love it.

Welcome to the boards.

B

#84163 12/28/11 03:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee hee! I didn't realize that Metropolis was in an earthquake-prone area... maybe some nefarious time traveling villains have arranged this in hopes of messing up Clark's proposal? laugh

#84164 12/28/11 09:05 PM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Morgana I hadn't exactly been planning much of a sequel but there might be a re-write with a little more later. We'll have to see on that.

Michael: It's quite possible said higher power probably would want her to know sometime before the wedding. lol

BJ: I agree that Tempus would love it... if there'd been a bit of kryptonite nearby to make things worse for them that is.

IolantheAlias: It's not, but Centennial Park is built over an underground river that's been getting a lot of rain lately (well, not canonically but that's how I figured the sinkhole formed.)

#84165 01/11/12 05:25 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Really liked your little story.

I remember watching this episode on tv... when he said that and everything went well, I sighed in relief. He was not that jinxed after all. thumbsup

MDL.

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard