Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Christina FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/26/11 09:32 PM
All comments on the little ficlet should end up here. Comments are nice, crit is even better.
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/26/11 11:05 PM
Very cute. I liked how Clark jinxed himself. Murphey's law, after all... Good job!

PS: you forgot to use the blue arrow at the head of your story post. It helps draw attention to your story and differentiate it from other posts. wink

SJT wave
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/26/11 11:06 PM
Cute little story! Poor Clark! Murphey's Law has a way of kicking him and Lois around. :p Great job! clap
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 04:23 AM
Thanks Mouserocks! I hadn't done this before so I didn't know whether that was a common thing for fics.

Yeah, those two definitely don't have a good time of it. Clark even commented on it once in "Contact." I don't think he realized that Lois is just as "jinxed" as he is and he's closer to a lucky charm than a curse.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 05:47 AM
What a wonderful fandom fanfic debut -- short, sweet, and amusing.

I suspect our muses might be sisters. This is the sort of story I like to write myself. I only wish I had thought of it.

Well done!

I hope this is but the first of many fictlets and longer pieces you grace us with. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
What a wonderful fandom fanfic debut -- short, sweet, and amusing.

I suspect our muses might be sisters. This is the sort of story I like to write myself. I only wish I had thought of it.

Well done!

I hope this is but the first of many fictlets and longer pieces you grace us with. smile

Joy,
Lynn
Thank you Lynn! I'll admit that I've written this pairing in another version of the fandom (Reeve movies specifically) but hadn't gotten any of my stories for this L/C fandom ready to be posted anywhere. My muses tend to be intermittent and finicky about their voices so I tend to shy away from posting anything until it's almost done. Thus far any story beyond 4000 words hasn't gotten to that point.
Posted By: jackiek Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 08:52 AM
Cute! I've often thought this scenario through when watching that scene. Well done!

Jackie
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 10:53 AM
A great little bit that cries out for a sequel!
More!
cool
Artemis
Posted By: lcfan99 Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 12:19 PM
That's too funny! lol

I've read a lot of fanfic on this site and the archive, but I don't think I've ever read one with that premise!
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 04:43 PM
Artemis: There wasn't a sequel planned to this one but now that I think about it, it could have logically continued just a little bit longer before it merged back into the series so I may re-write it and repost a slightly longer version. I don't expect it to be too much longer, though.

Jackiek: I'm with you. I'd been looking for an "angle" to this scene for a long time that hadn't been played with in fic and this popped out at me.

lcfan99: Yeah, you'd think someone might have taken that line and ran with it at some point but I never found it before I decided it was time to write it myself. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/27/11 07:10 PM
Very good!

Now comes the real challenge...where will you go with it? smile1
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/28/11 03:26 AM
This is my first fic in this fandom so I hope everyone enjoys it.
wave

“Oh come on, give me a break here!” Clark shouted out into the darkness as the night echoed with thunder and the patter of rain skittered over the warm concrete.
So, what are you going to flip around?

At Clark’s words, the ground shook and shivered and his eyes widened as he realized that he just might have jinxed himself.
clap

He leaned forward to scoop her up into his arms just as the ground underneath shuddered, cracked and sank a dozen feet below the couple.
So, is that a higher power telling Clark that it’s much better to *first* tell her the secret and *then* propose?

“Is this what you were going to say?”
clap /imagines Clark setting her down, pulling out a ring, and saying, “No, I was going to wait with that until you said yes. Maybe until you said ‘I do’. The kids start floating at 18?”

Wonderful debut, Christina! Looking forward to more fun clap

Michael
Posted By: BJ Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/28/11 04:40 AM
clap
Very cute ficlet, so full of irony. Tempus would love it.

Welcome to the boards.

B
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/28/11 07:55 PM
Hee hee! I didn't realize that Metropolis was in an earthquake-prone area... maybe some nefarious time traveling villains have arranged this in hopes of messing up Clark's proposal? laugh
Posted By: Christina Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 12/29/11 01:05 AM
Morgana I hadn't exactly been planning much of a sequel but there might be a re-write with a little more later. We'll have to see on that.

Michael: It's quite possible said higher power probably would want her to know sometime before the wedding. lol

BJ: I agree that Tempus would love it... if there'd been a bit of kryptonite nearby to make things worse for them that is.

IolantheAlias: It's not, but Centennial Park is built over an underground river that's been getting a lot of rain lately (well, not canonically but that's how I figured the sinkhole formed.)
Posted By: Mad Dog Lane Re: FDK: And the Earth Moved - 01/11/12 09:25 PM
Really liked your little story.

I remember watching this episode on tv... when he said that and everything went well, I sighed in relief. He was not that jinxed after all. thumbsup

MDL.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards