Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#84044 12/18/11 08:27 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because people who leave feedback get automatically put on Santa's "Nice" list! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#84045 12/20/11 10:21 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is this already the Christmas Episode? And shouldn’t that have been the one on the North Pole? Or are you going to give us a nice cozy-warm Christmas in Luxor?

Two, maybe three mortal lifespans since he'd been to the Rainbow Bridge.
This is *sooo* odd wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#84046 12/20/11 04:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is *sooo* odd laugh
I know. wink

He’s getting old. But lucky for him, Clark’s always been a boyscout and would never make fun of the elderly, but instead help them across the world.
Just one more badge and he gets to become an Eagle Scout (or whatever the level above Boy Scout is).

Exactly. I only see a pot of gold.
Actually, it's a pot of gold coin chocolates.

Also, to please just enter the security code and just shut off the stupid alarm system.
And to take in the mail and water the plants.

Relocated to a Swiss bank vault? Actually, that would have been a fun twist. Unfortunately, they’d never get it out of there
They really should look into putting the Kryptonite there too. S.T.A.R. Labs is too easy to break into.

Didn’t he at one time hold the entire world? Boy, did he get *old*.
In mythology, yes. In the show, no.

How about he dresses up as…say…Herakles, the superhero?
Ooooh...he can bring back that stylish yellow shirt and those brown leather pants!

And Lois will get reincarnated. And reincarnated. Aaaand reincarnated. But Utopia will get kind of boring…
It's that whole waiting for her to be of legal age thing that'll kill him.

They’re called fluorescent tubes. And I don’t want to see the power bill they charge Odin.
he should really install some solar panels to help cut the cost...

Frost giants?
laugh

*G* And isn’t that against the Genevea Convention, using POWs as guard dogs?
wave

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#84047 12/21/11 10:36 AM
Kerth
Kerth
clap Loved the inclusion of the Frost Giants. Too perfect. Though still wondering what's gonna happen to Lois and co. back home- Clark should be thinking of that more than his favorite Italian food place in Rome...

Needless to say, good job! Can't wait to find out what happens next- and what's in store for them in Egypt. devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#84048 12/21/11 10:42 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He should have taken Lois?

Honeymoon, or better, wedding night, should be...fun wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#84049 12/21/11 12:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mouserocks:
<strong> wave Hi Mouse!

Glad you liked the frost giants. I blame watching the Thor movie for that little inclusion. laugh Yes, Clark probably *should* have stopped in at home. But seeing Lois and company dying on the floor would have killed *him*. laugh

What's in store for Egypt? Nothing good. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84050 12/21/11 12:57 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
He should have taken Lois?

Honeymoon, or better, wedding night, should be...fun wave Michael
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84051 12/22/11 04:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent action scene! I could really see it.

#84052 12/22/11 04:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Excellent action scene! I could really see it.
Thank you, Io! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84053 12/25/11 09:29 AM
H
Blogger
Blogger
H
quote;
'Clark into the closest standing pillar with such force that the end that Clark was clinging >>>too <<< should use 'to'
cleaved straight through the crystalline stone. He let go of his end, flying off to one side."
I apologize for the critique.

I do like the story though.

#84054 12/25/11 06:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by hank:
quote;
'Clark into the closest standing pillar with such force that the end that Clark was clinging >>>too <<< should use 'to'
cleaved straight through the crystalline stone. He let go of his end, flying off to one side."
I apologize for the critique.

I do like the story though.
Thanks, Hank! I'm always looking to clean up the fics before my editors get it when I submit it to the archive!

Glad you are enjoying it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#84055 01/14/12 07:10 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Ooh, I absolutely LOVE the part where Clark questions Hercules about what it's like to live so long. I can't imagine how terrifying it must be for Clark, who's so connected to the people he loves, to envision a world where he lives on without them. Nicely done!

And what a great way of showing Clark's power--by having Hercules look at him while he's fighting the Frost Giants and for that instant see only Superman. Kind of helps explain why no one can put Clark and Superman together!

Glad they've gotten two of the pieces without as much trouble as it could have taken. I'm liking the two men's relationship; it's different to see Clark paired up with a male for these missions, different and interesting.

#84056 01/14/12 07:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
Ooh, I absolutely LOVE the part where Clark questions Hercules about what it's like to live so long. I can't imagine how terrifying it must be for Clark, who's so connected to the people he loves, to envision a world where he lives on without them. Nicely done!

And what a great way of showing Clark's power--by having Hercules look at him while he's fighting the Frost Giants and for that instant see only Superman. Kind of helps explain why no one can put Clark and Superman together!

Glad they've gotten two of the pieces without as much trouble as it could have taken. I'm liking the two men's relationship; it's different to see Clark paired up with a male for these missions, different and interesting.
Thanks again! Writing the relationship between Clark and Herc was my favorite part of this fic. I based it a lot on the relationship between Herc and Iolaus, which I always admired about the show. It was a real treat to write scenes in which Clark gets to quest about with another man, and one who totally gets his dual life.

Glad that you liked the scene with Clark worrying over his possible long life. I had Brutal Youth on the mind when I wrote that, because it's such a real "duh! everything else about Clark is different" moment.

And I love that you love the comment about Herc seeing only Superman. I always have admired the completely different personalities that Dean put into both aspects of the Clark/Superman persona.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard