Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well, here's the beginning of my new story. Hope you enjoy it. I am thinking about posting daily - not entirely certain about that, though.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Features Writer
Features Writer
Love the premise to this and how you just dived right into the story, using judicious flashbacks to tell us what happened in between. I also liked Martha's POV at the beginning. I'm really not a huge fan of using his parents to bludgeon him with the mistakes they think he's making, so I love how you showed that she disagreed with him but still loved him and trusted him to do at least what he thought was right.

I feel bad for Lois now. It's always such a double-edged sword that she never applies her reporter skills to Clark. I was with Martha all the way through the opening scene, begging her to notice that he was blind, that he was trying not to fall.

Never liked Mayson and you definitely illustrated a couple of the reasons why here. Love how Lois inwardly complained about being the comforter (and that she recognized that she had used/needed Clark's skills for that in their partnership) even as she did do what she could. She's always been kinder than she gives herself credit for.

Your last paragraph gives me hope that maybe her 'leaking' knowledge will help us find a cure for Clark's blindness. And in doing so, maybe cure hers too. smile

Daily updates sounds great to me!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay, a new ML story!!! And BTW, daily updates sounds awesome to me!!!! hyper

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A new MLT fic....all is right with the world wink

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so glad to see that you are still writing LnC stories, ML. I love the premise, that the infrared light didn't cure Superman's blindness, and cannot wait to see how Lois is going to fix this. Because seeing how stubborn Clark is being, it will be Lois who figures out how to fix it.

As always, I'm as annoyed as Lois at Clark's thick-headedness. And Martha Kent is always right. Share your secret and be stronger together.

Daily postings sound wonderful! Yes, please!

B

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Intriguing start. It will be exciting to see how you develop this.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love your theme. I'm also surprised that Lois doesn't notice that everytime Superman 'leaves' Metropolis, Clark hightails it for the Smallville Post(i.e. Man of Steel Bars). I hope she puts one & one together soon.
“You don’t run away,” Lois continued “...or well, not always... or not when it really matters, anyway.”
Um... Lois, yeah, he does.

I'm surprised she hasn't been talking to her friends at S.T.A.R. Labs, but then again, she doesn't want anyone to know Superman's blind.

“Watch how you speak to your mother, son,” Jonathan said immediately in a tone of voice that sounded suspiciously like Superman’s.
Like father, like son. laugh

I love how after a month, that stupid 'pen' that didn't work, is still sitting by Clark's old desk. Come on, Rhalia wink does a better job than that.

Clark may be obstinate, but Lois can be quite pigheaded in her own regard. WHY does she always accept Clark's flimsy excuses at face value when she KNOWS he's lying to her? Such as:

“Okay, what’s really going on here, Clark?” Lois said. “No, no. I don’t buy it. This doesn’t make any sense.”
Yes, Lois, go with that feeling. Yet, she never does. Sigh. smile1

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I love how you showed that she disagreed with him but still loved him and trusted him to do at least what he thought was right.
Uhh... okay. Uhh... right. Uhh... Just remember that thought when you read the next part laugh

I'm so glad to see that you are still writing LnC stories, ML.
I've actually been working on this one on and off all year. I was beginning to wonder if it would ever get written.

I love how after a month, that stupid 'pen' that didn't work, is still sitting by Clark's old desk. Come on, Rhalia does a better job than that.
Actually, that isn't the same 'pen.' In this section, Dr. Leit takes the Faraday device - which they had originally mistaken for a pen - when he left the newsroom.

But after reading your comment, I went back and looked at the story and realized that I hadn't made that clear, so I went back and reworked it a bit to clarify that. So thanks for pointing this out.

And thanks, all of you, for your comments.

As for posting... I'll post daily, at least for the time being. As usual, the posts will generally happen at midnight eastern standard time.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
As for posting... I'll post daily
grumble
B

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
So happy to see a new story from you. You've got my attention! Can't wait for more and happy to know you'll be posting frequently.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is fun so far. It'll be interesting to see what you have next for us.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Glad you're enjoying it so far. Hope this next part doesn't disappoint - although I do expect it will surprise. At least, I was surprised by what happened next. laugh

Anyway, it will be up in fifteen minutes.

ML wave

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
smile1

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes!

MLT, one of my favorite LnC writers! Started reading this fic tonight. Loving every passage.

Welcome back!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard