Lynn

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
lol! Great Story.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Liked it very much. So fun how those "Thelsicans" high-tailed it out of there after seeing Clark break up the asteroid! jump

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
smile1 Fun with assumptions! smile1

Well done!

BTW, by sheer coincidence, there's a (very different) story called The Butterfly Legacy on the archive by Lynn M.

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, great fun

Framework4
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
clap

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
I think this story just made my day. Thanks for the giggles, and chuckles, and a few head shakes.

(Btw, I agree that SETI is the stupidest thing ever. Either, extraterrestial life does not exist, and we'll not find anything, or it does exist. If it does exist, it's either unable to answer due to lack of technology, and we'll never know, or it will be far advanced - and, most likely, trying to conquer us.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was simply brilliant (and made my day so much better)!

clap

Kerth
Kerth
Lovely!

Incidentally, there's a very nice Sherlock Holmes based explanation for our lack of alien contact in this free book:

http://www.webscription.net/p-1184-selections-from-the-improbable-adventures-of-sherlock-holmes.aspx

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hilarious. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Wow! What a wonderful response to my story. Thank you for all the feedback! smile smile smile

Before I respond to individual posts, I should mention that this story is a variation of one written by Fredric Brown. I read it decades ago and cannot recall the name; but in it, humans narrowly avoided being conquered and enslaved. The alien race deemed the indigenous life too stupid to be trainable; the punch line was that they had picked up and tested a pair of chimpanzees instead of humans. I've wanted to do a Superman variant on that theme for months, so when I realized that I wanted to find out just what happened to that rock Clark kicked, the two story ideas coalesced into the plot of this bit of fanfic.

Meadowrose, I'm honoured that you liked the story enough to leave feedback.

Evelyn, I see the Thelsicans as galactic bullies: They're brave only when they pick on someone much weaker than themselves.

HappyGirl, I found that coincidence amusing. I had actually known of the story, but have not read it. I always check to make sure that a title I want to use hasn't already been used by someone else, and so I stumbled upon her story. Incidentally, I had originally planned to go by "Lynn M." on the MB, and was surprised to see that moniker already taken. (In my neck of the woods, at least, 'Lynn' is a fairly common middle name, but an uncommon first name. I think I may have met five other people named 'Lynn' in my entire life.)

Patrick and Mary, glad you both liked it. Lara and DW, you've made my day by your feedback. I deem my story a success if it has made you smile.

Marcus, I heard that story on an audiobook. A unique take on the why-haven't-we-heard-from-aliens question.

Michael, you leaving feedback without quoting? I think this is a first. I'm not sure whether to be pleased or disappointed. But either way, I'm glad you liked the story. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love this! I wonder what other "butterfly effects" Clark caused without knowing. smile

Hilarious! I love how they fled when Clark broke up the asteroid. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
I love this story--very well done and deftly woven into the fabric of what we know of our L&C universe!

My favorite part is how you leave it ambiguous about Clark's knowledge of what he did--but hint that he definitely knew what he was doing!

Great job!

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
DC, so you thought Clark didn't know what he was doing? And AntiK, you thought he probably did know? Good! That means that I found the right balance for the story. I struggled to write it in such a way as to leave it open to reader interpretation whether or not Clark's kick deliberately took out the weapons system. Between the two of you, I now have feedback on both side of the questions. Thank you both for leaving feedback. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was great!

And thank you for making a logical explanation of why the asteroid suddenly just "showed up" at the beginning of ASU. That episode was full of scientific laughers, and the asteroid just "showing up" was a big one.

Features Writer
Features Writer
This was really fun!

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Iolanthe, I'm happy to help make an episode make a little more sense. I hadn't thought about it before, but that does seem to be a theme common to a lot of my fiction.

Shayne, glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for leaving feedback! smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, Michael, for the laughs. The 'hurling a lunkhead into orbit' comment had me quite literally laughing aloud.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard