Next Thread
Print Thread
#80046 06/21/11 11:19 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
What a fun revelation! Love Lois getting superpowers with her pregancy.

Joan

#80047 06/21/11 11:54 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Part 2 lived up to the promise of part 1. Well done!

A few of my favourite lines:

Lois knew she’d have to tell Perry the truth sooner rather than later, but telling him now would mean he’d have won this battle. And she wasn’t about to let that happen.
That is *so* Lois!

No, she hadn’t been floating, only dreaming.
You had me going for a minute, there. I had thought for sure that she was about to figure out CK=S just then.

If she could survive a bullet to the head, she was sure she could somehow survive this altercation. But could Clark?
What delicious irony!

“Say something, please,” she whispered.

“I’m Superman,” he said quietly.
Well, she did ask for him to say something. wink

You had asked us to point out typos, so:

Perry was none to thrilled to see his star reporter.
The first 'to' should be 'too'.

She laid on top
'laid' should be 'lay'.

Maybe I’ll just lay back
'lay' should be 'lie'.

And one last suggestion: Could we have a sequel, please? grovel

Joy,
Lynn

#80048 06/21/11 12:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! I loved part 2! But you must give us more! Please??????? grovel

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#80049 06/21/11 01:45 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
You know, I haven't felt the urge read any fanfic for months but after reading some of the comments on the first part, my curiosity was piqued and I had to read this story.

I really like the premise, but I have to say that I would have much preferred the story to have been drawn out over a few more parts, it all seemed a bit quick IMHO. Still, there's some great ideas in this story, and thank you for writing a fanfic that I wanted to read - you may have actually helped bring my muse back!

Oh, and I would be very happy to find out more about what happens next with Lois and Clark's relationship and the pregnancy. thumbsup

#80050 06/21/11 02:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap Well done!

I loved, "It's yours, thankyouverymuch." rotflol

If your muse eats enough chocolate and feels the need to write a story about what happens next, I'd certainly read it. But IMHO it isn't really necessary - the story stands alone and the ending was perfect.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#80051 06/21/11 03:14 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Make reservations at a hospital? Tell someone?
I love this. I felt similarly puzzled when I got pregnant - even though I was actually trying to get knocked up!

Lois knew in this day and age, having a baby wasn’t necessarily a career killer. More like… a career hurdle. A bump in the road. But certainly not the end of the world.
True... but it's a hell of a hurdle.

Dumped by telegram! Poor Lois. But it is funny. smile

Nice story!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#80052 06/21/11 05:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Actually, I'm glad that Lex dumped Lois. Hopefully his insane obsession with her will not come to fruition.

#80053 06/21/11 06:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOl Very cute little story! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#80054 06/21/11 08:31 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
What a fun revelation! Love Lois getting superpowers with her pregancy.
Thanks Joan! For some reason I've always loved revelation stories. There are so many different ways to do it!

Lynn, thanks for the pointers! Now I've got my mind thinking of a sequel, yes... but I don't know if it'll materialize.

Originally posted by Alisha Knight:
I really like the premise, but I have to say that I would have much preferred the story to have been drawn out over a few more parts, it all seemed a bit quick IMHO.
Heh, at least no one has said it's TOO long! I hear ya, but I just couldn't see drawing it out anymore than I did without it becoming a major angst-fest. Well, nothing wrong with THOSE, exactly, but I was trying more for a vignette, really. But to continue the story, yes... hmmm... *cogs grinding* *muses twirling* laugh

Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Actually, I'm glad that Lex dumped Lois. Hopefully his insane obsession with her will not come to fruition.
Haha, I'm glad, too! Even though Barbarians at the Planet and House of Luthor are two of my favorite eps, that doesn't mean I necessarily WANT poor Lois to go down that road again!

Thank you so much for all the comments! If anyone has any other suggestions, I'll be happy to hear them. smile

Molly
#80055 06/21/11 10:11 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale.

Framework4
#80056 06/22/11 03:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What everybody said. Yeah, "make reservations at a hospital" got me too!!! That was a kick!
I was curious though, Clark is going to "go get this one", but how exactly is he going to do that without letting the brother and sister know who he really is?
Very good story and an enjoyable vignette. Just great.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#80057 06/22/11 06:01 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh what a fun story!! I love how Lois got dumped by Lex via telegram, LOL. Also loved the super powers that Lois was getting because of the baby. WELL DONE! Thank you for this enjoyable little story!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#80058 06/22/11 08:28 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Just caught up with this ...

This was truly a great story!

I also laughed with Lois getting dumped via telegram, but felt really bad for her too smile

Lois explanation (low blood sugar and low blood pressure as a deadly combination) really cracked me up, because it really is a bad combination!

Thanks for sharing this!

clap

#80059 06/22/11 06:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like this story! laugh

Although, it's a bit short. frown Could we maybe get an epilogue? Or a sequel? Or something? Pleeeeease? grovel

~•~
#80060 06/23/11 10:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Highly enjoyable. I love how it took a couple of bad guys to lock them in a room to finally get them to talk. clap

You have Lois's personality down pat.

I respect anyone who can take such an all encompasing idea and make it work in 2 parts (says the woman with a 95 part story). notworthy

I also agree that a pregnant Lois would definitely develop super powers. My favorite super power... the ability not to develop stretch marks! laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#80061 06/25/11 08:05 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Artemis:
I was curious though, Clark is going to "go get this one", but how exactly is he going to do that without letting the brother and sister know who he really is?
That's up to your imagination! I have a scenario in mind, but I kind of like the idea of letting the reader wonder about that -- just like the L&C writers left the viewers guessing at the end of certain episodes. It adds to the fun, I think!

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I respect anyone who can take such an all encompasing idea and make it work in 2 parts (says the woman with a 95 part story).
And I respect anyone who can write such a long story and still keep all their characters and events straight! Not to mention KEEP GOING! I'm prone to distraction. *ooh look shiny object!*

I also agree that a pregnant Lois would definitely develop super powers. My favorite super power... the ability not to develop stretch marks! laugh
Haha, nice! I've had Lois pg in some of my fics before, but this is the first time I've given her powers. My theory is that an earth woman who was pregnant with a Kryptonian child would have to be able to protect that child; hence, invulnerability and strength. As for the other ones, I couldn't quite see giving her x-ray vision or anything! But I think it's safe to say she'd be spared from developing any long-lasting physical effects, as you said. smile

Molly
#80062 11/15/11 02:09 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Just got thought re-reading this on the archive .

Delightful, really great fun. So how about a sequel?

Framework4
#80063 11/17/11 08:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooooh, can't believe I missed this gem! Lot's of fun!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard