Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
This is for you, Elizabeth. I was going to post it tomorrow night, but seeing it's your birthday ... jump

Happy Birthday. (But I'm not sure it's quite what you wanted peep )

And for you Laura. I hope you've recovered from fainting wink

Evan and Martha reached the gate where Eric had said he would meet them.

Getting through the various security stations of the Air Force Base had been straightforward, and Evan couldn't help but feel grudging respect for Eric Menzies. He had serious contacts.

Martha was looking around in awe, and Evan realised how surreal this must feel to her. She would have thought of the government and its agents as a ruthless enemy who had devastated her life and her family without justification. Now, those same agents were using government facilities to return her home.

Evan turned to see Eric approaching, his stride long and purposeful. After briefly shaking Evan's hand, Eric turned his attention to Martha. "Mrs Kent," he said. "I'm Eric Menzies. I am very pleased to meet you."

"Mr Menzies," she said. "Thank you for arranging my transport home."
Two parts to go. And an epilogue. A *very* long epilogue laugh

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup

I'm glad you made Clark so angry as anything less would have been somewhat unrealistic given the circumstances. I'm sure you'll send him back to Lois once he has calmed down a bit.

You have written Evan's feelings regarding his past involvement in Clark's imprisonment very well and, like Clark's anger, it is very appropriate given the circumstances.

So looking forward to the final two parts and very much looking forward to the VERY long epilogue.

Thanks again!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so sad. Poor Clark. I knew this was going to be hard on him. I knew that Lois keeping the truth from him would come back to haunt her.

Now, Martha will return to... Lois? The two women will be able to comfort each other, I guess.

Again, Poor Clark. Sad. Angry. Feeling so alone. Tortured. Frightened. Unable to trust the one person he loves more than anything.

Let us hope for some happiness in the next part, please.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let's repeat:
goofy

She collapsed on the bed, clinging to the baby blanket.

And the avalanche of tears came again.
And what if she's pregnant?

So, you mentioned something about posting 'tomorrow night'? Surely, an extra birthday post wouldn't qualify as reason for changing the remaining posting schedule?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Always fascinating ! I checked everyday to know what came into your brilliant mind ! Thank you for those quick posting.

Like said, poor Clark, to remember everything must be a great shock ! His anger is justified, he needs to see beyond those horrible years, but it's a great deal for anyone, to forgive them - a superhuman act. I completely understand his fear to see those agents back to make him doing what they want. But I'm sure days he had with Lois will help him to tie the loose ends as well as seeing again his mom.
I like the part with Martha and Evan. You did a great job with Evan's character. Shame he didn't help Clark earlier.

Looking for the last parts and this epilogue ! It is hard to know we are going to an end but so eager to read how our happily ever after will be.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy Birthday, Elizabeth! clap

Clark's reaction was heart-breaking to read, but expected. All those horrific memories. mecry (Good point, Michael, about how at least before the most recent memories would have had prominence.) He's overwhelmed now, as 7 years of memories, each one worse than the last, come down on him all at once, but it won't be long before he starts to remember the moment Lois walked in the cell, and when she washed his hair, cut out the poison, helped him escape, etc. etc. all the way down to last night in the barn loft. He'll be back.

So, who will get to the farmhouse first, Martha or Clark?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just catching up on the latest installments!

Wow! What a shocker at the end of the last part (18)--I actually got chills when I read the last line! But since part 19 was already posted, I had to jump over right away and read what happens next!

Then, when I couldn't remember anything, you took advantage of me to write the script exactly how *you* wanted it.
This was what I was afraid of for Lois. hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very powerful part, Corrina! Despite the heartbreaking end (evil, evil wildguy ), I'm happy you chose to show an angry Clark. I probably wasn't expecting so much anger, but it still makes way more sense to me than having him react ok after finding out the choices Lois has been making for him through his amnesia.

That said, I'm very sure he'll come around fast enough (there are only two parts to go after all laugh ) and he'll realize she had good intentions. True, there was probably also a little bit of selfishness included, but heck, after all Lois has been through (Linda, her dad, Clark and his struggle to move on after the cell) I think she is way more than entitled to it. She deserved a little happiness and she needed someone to be there for her, to give her the confort she hadn't had, without it being restrained (yes, Clark has been caring all through the story, but there was so much that pre-amnesia Clark wasn't ready to give).

And Martha... and Evan... That was lovely. Her reaction, his worries, their talk... Though having them end up together might seem a little rush, I'm certainly hoping you leave it as a very open possibility. But could Martha be as forgiving as to end up dating one of the men who contributed to Clark's captivity?

Anyway, great part. As Michael said, I too hope you do keep up your original schedule and post part 20 tomorrow night time (which would mean I get to enjoy my morning coffee with a great read wink )

PS. Maybe you could tell your Clark that the Clark from the show lied to Lois not just for a few days, but for two whole years (and his reasons were a lot more self-centered) and she forgave him...

Cris
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was excellent.

I just kept thinking that Clark clearly needs Martha back into his life to talk some sense into him! His anger is very justified, and after the seven years he has been through, anything else would have rang hollow.

Happy the green rock was good for something and that Martha is now going home to Smallville. I guess she will find Lois there first ...

Cannot wait for the two parts and very *long* epilogue hyper

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome. I recovered ;-) Wow Clark is going to need to remember recent history to be able to forgive Lois. Maybe she needs to be pregnant for him to feel that he finally belongs. I can't wait for the Martha reunion. I hope Clark doesn't give Martha to hard of a time. She doesn't deserve it. Wow this has been such a gripping story. How will we ever get over it, even after it ends? Laura sad

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
I haven't been able to comment regularly over the last several parts, but I have been stealing time away from my crazy schedule to read them and have been loving everything. I really liked seeing how Shadbolt/Scardino/Menzies have been looking for Martha, and how they played their roles behind the scenes to verify her identity while she was in the house.

I also like the twist of Evan developing feelings for Martha, though the parallel story of the secret he's hiding from her threatening their chance at seeing what develops is just as worrisome as Lois having gone through the same thing with what she was keeping from Clark. Neat way to set that up.

I did not anticipate the globe being the thing that triggered Clark's memories, but it was a creative take on things. Good plotting! (As always. smile ) Clark's anger was hard to see, but it did make sense, especially given he had everything crash down on him at once. That must have been incredibly overwhelming and horrifying for him to experience.

I'm hopeful that once he gets some time away to calm down, though, he'll be back to yearning for Lois and won't be able to stay away. He just needs some time for everything to settle in his mind and for the worst of the emotions to fade. *fingers crossed*

The big question then becomes, will Clark return home before Martha arrives? Or will Martha and Evan show up to find a devastated Lois?

And hopefully Evan will be brave enough to tell Martha the truth before she can hear it from Clark. I think having them show up at the house, only to have Clark angrily expose Evan's role in his imprisonment, would pretty much derail any chance of a relationship between them. Though honestly, I'm not sure that even Clark could be that forgiving, to have Evan be present at family events, etc. Losing any chance of a relationship with Martha might be the price Evan will have to pay for his involvement, even if he is a changed man now.

More, please! I'm beyond sad this story is ending, but I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Excellent part. I cannot wait to see more b/t Lois and Clark or how you handle the reunion with Martha. Will she meet Lois first at the house, who'll explain the amnesia situation? That's my guess. Clark will never be able to stand up to the joined forces of Martha and Lois. laugh Lovin' this story but dreading reaching the end.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Elizabeth Until this point, Clark had showed a range of emotions, but never anger. I think you're right, it had to come.

Virginia You're right, in some ways, this would have felt even worse than the cell, because Clark feels estranged from Lois.

Michael More spiders!

Poor Clark - he feels as if he's as his lowest point, and you want his mother to spank him!

Annalina
Shame he didn't help Clark earlier.
Yeah, except I wanted Lois to be the one to help him. smile

Vicki Good point. In a scene that was primarily about Clark, Lois showed that she has grown, too.

MM I know these last few parts were a little rocky, but I tried to get them to you quickly so the angst wasn't drawn-out.

Cristina
after all Lois has been through (Linda, her dad, Clark and his struggle to move on after the cell)
That's a really good point. Sometimes Lois's pain got lost a little because Clark's was so overwhelming.

I hope I got 20 posted in time for your morning coffee!

DW

very *long* epilogue
... has passed 9000 words. Can I put it all in one post? Does anyone know if there is a limit? help

Laura Glad you recovered. smile

Kathy
I'm beyond sad this story is ending,
Thank you - from my POV, your sadness is a great thing - if you know what I mean wink

Emily

Clark will never be able to stand up to the joined forces of Martha and Lois.
Yep. laugh

Thanks everyone. Sorry I got so behind in the FDK replies - I decided that posting the fic was the priority.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard