#79439 05/31/11 04:20 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback here, please.

#79440 05/31/11 06:29 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I love how they started by talking to Moose. LOL. then things got intense. I am looking forward to his return from the rescue. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#79441 05/31/11 08:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Who knew that Moose was the greatest couple's therapist?

I'm glad Clark noticed what I noticed, that Lois wasn't skimping on the wine. At least he didn't mention her mother's drinking.

Lois does seem to only see things from her POV. Clark lied and nothing he says is going to change or excuse that. A good reporter should see all sides of the story, Lois. When will she start to see things from Clark's side? Obviously not when she hammered and / or angry.

I have this strange feeling that Lois is going to stay the night (platonically, of course!) and not be happy about it in the morning. Poor Clark. Sigh.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79442 06/01/11 05:15 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved that Clark, wanting to talk to Lois, firstly began to talk to Moose first smile And then each taking turns addressing the other through Moose.

Lois sure wasn't skimping on the wine and it is good that Clark suggested she stay at his apartment and not drive home herself.

Looking forward to part 5!

smile

#79443 06/01/11 05:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
VirginiaR said:
Who knew that Moose was the greatest couple's therapist?
hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#79444 06/01/11 11:10 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Like the others have mentioned, love them talking to the dog first.

That makes sense that Lois would feel so violated after thinking Clark was dead, when he really wasn't.

Looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.

Joan

#79445 06/01/11 05:39 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Re the wine:

It's my belief that Lois wouldn't normally have more than a glass or two of wine. I don't think she usually deals with her problems by drinking alcohol - her mother's example would tend to militate against that.

But right now she's in a situation (dinner with Clark) where her only options are acid replies to Clark's plaintive conversational fumblings, and drinking a lot of wine. It's a signal of how upset and distressed she is that she's drinking more.

Talking to Moose: things are *extremely* awkward between them right now. Neither of them can summon up the courage to break the ice. But the dog is there. He can serve as a go-between. Hence, they start addressing their conversation to Moose. He's good to talk to - he doesn't interrupt. wink

#79446 06/04/11 08:23 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Love that Clark was worried Moose would eat their food. Hehe. And I also love what everyone else has pointed out--them talking to Moose first. That worked quite nicely. laugh

Nice that Clark was able to convince Lois to stay. But who knows what she will do in his apartment while he's gone? wink Haha.

Sad that Clark got called away as Superman! But I guess that does tend to happen at the most inopportune of times!

#79447 06/08/11 11:21 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
thumbsup Awkward and fun.

“Moose,” Clark began, “I don’t know if you ever heard my story.”
Oh, it's going to be this way. /sits back and waits expectantly/

Lois choked. “That’s where you got the idea?” Then she realized she’d addressed him directly and looked down and gave Moose a ball of rice. The dog snapped it up, almost biting her fingers.
clap

“You know where everything is. I’ll be back soon.” He hoped. He left in a whirl of super-speed. With his last glance, he saw Lois staring blankly at the floor.
So, we have a slightly drunk and emotional Lois in Clark's apartment. Hmm... what could make things worse? Oh, yes, them sharing a bed angel-devil

/off to part 5/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#79448 06/18/11 01:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! I think Moose was the only winner in this chapter. Nicely done using Moose as a way for Lois and Clark to finally start talking again.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard