Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: IolantheAlias FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 05/31/11 08:20 PM
Feedback here, please.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 05/31/11 10:29 PM
Wow I love how they started by talking to Moose. LOL. then things got intense. I am looking forward to his return from the rescue. Laura
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/01/11 12:46 AM
Who knew that Moose was the greatest couple's therapist?

I'm glad Clark noticed what I noticed, that Lois wasn't skimping on the wine. At least he didn't mention her mother's drinking.

Lois does seem to only see things from her POV. Clark lied and nothing he says is going to change or excuse that. A good reporter should see all sides of the story, Lois. When will she start to see things from Clark's side? Obviously not when she hammered and / or angry.

I have this strange feeling that Lois is going to stay the night (platonically, of course!) and not be happy about it in the morning. Poor Clark. Sigh.
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/01/11 09:15 AM
Loved that Clark, wanting to talk to Lois, firstly began to talk to Moose first smile And then each taking turns addressing the other through Moose.

Lois sure wasn't skimping on the wine and it is good that Clark suggested she stay at his apartment and not drive home herself.

Looking forward to part 5!

smile
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/01/11 09:29 AM
VirginiaR said:
Who knew that Moose was the greatest couple's therapist?
hyper
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/01/11 03:10 PM
Like the others have mentioned, love them talking to the dog first.

That makes sense that Lois would feel so violated after thinking Clark was dead, when he really wasn't.

Looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.

Joan
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/01/11 09:39 PM
Re the wine:

It's my belief that Lois wouldn't normally have more than a glass or two of wine. I don't think she usually deals with her problems by drinking alcohol - her mother's example would tend to militate against that.

But right now she's in a situation (dinner with Clark) where her only options are acid replies to Clark's plaintive conversational fumblings, and drinking a lot of wine. It's a signal of how upset and distressed she is that she's drinking more.

Talking to Moose: things are *extremely* awkward between them right now. Neither of them can summon up the courage to break the ice. But the dog is there. He can serve as a go-between. Hence, they start addressing their conversation to Moose. He's good to talk to - he doesn't interrupt. wink
Posted By: Deja Vu Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/04/11 12:23 PM
Love that Clark was worried Moose would eat their food. Hehe. And I also love what everyone else has pointed out--them talking to Moose first. That worked quite nicely. laugh

Nice that Clark was able to convince Lois to stay. But who knows what she will do in his apartment while he's gone? wink Haha.

Sad that Clark got called away as Superman! But I guess that does tend to happen at the most inopportune of times!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/09/11 03:21 AM
thumbsup Awkward and fun.

“Moose,” Clark began, “I don’t know if you ever heard my story.”
Oh, it's going to be this way. /sits back and waits expectantly/

Lois choked. “That’s where you got the idea?” Then she realized she’d addressed him directly and looked down and gave Moose a ball of rice. The dog snapped it up, almost biting her fingers.
clap

“You know where everything is. I’ll be back soon.” He hoped. He left in a whirl of super-speed. With his last glance, he saw Lois staring blankly at the floor.
So, we have a slightly drunk and emotional Lois in Clark's apartment. Hmm... what could make things worse? Oh, yes, them sharing a bed angel-devil

/off to part 5/

Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: Chocolate Lab 4/9 - 06/18/11 05:35 PM
Yikes! I think Moose was the only winner in this chapter. Nicely done using Moose as a way for Lois and Clark to finally start talking again.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards