Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Don't laugh... I am still unsure how many parts there will be, though I'm am down to the last few... I think wink

Anyway, feedback here, please! hyper
Thanks!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Lois - hitting the 'send' button instead of the 'delete' one. I don't blame Clark for not trusting her. I'm wondering how she's going to track him down.

Joan

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful. Looking forward to how she digs herself out of the hole. Of course Clark has to come back once he recalls that Lois has no money of credit cards.

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Clark - First discovering Kryptonite, then losing his powers, and now Lois betrayed him. frown

Stupid Lois. wallbash I hope she hadn't put Clark's name in the article. I hope she still calls Perry to kill the story (not that he would publish it without evidence, anyway. Did Lois have photos from the Metro as part of the story?). Maybe, she could convince Perry to hire Clark to get herself out of this mess.

So Lex refused Lois all interviews, but recognizes her at his party? Hmmm. Seems like he knows more about her than she thought. What could he really want with the Kryptonite?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, this part was really, really good (and that's saying something since the rest have all been excellent, too)!

Your descriptions of Clark's suffering under the Kryptonite and Lois's desperation were so well-done--I could almost feel myself feeling sick. At least Luthor doesn't--yet--know anything about an alien or the fact that the Kryptonite makes him sick. However, if he's trying to find a lot of it to use as a power source...not good.

I absolutely love the way Lois gave up the secret that she knew about him just because she was worried about him--and that she knew she would give up anything in order for him to be well! It was very touching.

I knew as soon as she got up to open her article that Clark was going to see it, but I had no idea she'd actually--accidentally--send it to Perry! Poor Clark. He's already head over heels in love with her and now he thinks she's betrayed him for a story--because, let's face it, everything she said sounded like a lie or an excuse, and then asking to be the one to tell his story? Not good at all!

I am loving this story, Mozartmaid--thanks so much for sharing!

Blogger
Blogger
Very interesting chapter. Lois sure dug herself into a quite nice and deep hole that will make for a very fascinating continuation of a story as she tries to get herself out. The very second I read Lois getting up to work on a story on her computer in the middle of the night - I knew that was just a can of worms waiting to be opened. Although, just like AntiKryptonite mentioned, I didn't expect her to actually send the story to Perry by accident. Maybe she can call Perry and lie that she send a very private file by accident, so he should delete it without ever reading it. Besides, even if he did read it, I doubt he'd really actually print it since there's no evidence anywhere considering that Clark welded the plane back to its original form.

It was a very sad ending, with Clark so hurt from betrayal, not to mention Kryptonite, and leaving the hotel to who knows where without his powers, while Lois lies in a heap on the floor without credit cards or money. Maybe that'll be enough reason for Clark to come back after he cools down. Or maybe he'll wait for a couple days and won't see a story about himself on the front page anywhere and calm down.

In any case, I can't wait for the next chapter to see what happens next. Please update soon!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this chapter too.

Lois' desperation to help Clark was clearly felt as was him getting sicker.

Hope Lois can somehow at least change the article or let Perry hold it off, convince Clark that he needs a disguise, and then print it.

Looking forward to the next part hyper

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Read lips?”I suggest for him helpfully, trying not to laugh, since he obviously has no better idea how to explain what he’s actually doing
clap

“Buena sera, amici!” says the Metropolis billionaire, who doesn’t even bother wearing a mask to his own masked ball.
Well, actually, he does laugh

As we get closer, it suddenly glows brighter.
Oh, that's a new twist. Green-K reacting *to* Superman.

“Is that Lois Lane of the Daily Planet crashing my party? Has the Planet finally found the resources to go international?”
He knows her? confused I wouldn't have figured she'd show up on his radar until after she won at least on Kerth award.

“My people have told me you’ve been hounding me for an interview for quite a while, Miss Lane. But sneaking into my party, all the way in Venice is a little extreme, even for you,” he says, tsk-ing at me in a condescending manner.
Ah, the upstart wanna-be reporter tries to play in the big league. But why does Lex care? Certainly not because he's interested in some distraction with her. If so, he'd have already granted her an audience. After all, she's a nobody and could be easily fooled and discarded. Did her name come up in connection with someone sniffing around his nefarious deals?

I see his Zorro mask on the coffee table and I reach over to pick it up. “Have you ever thought of a disguise?” I say, voicing my idea from earlier.
clap

He shudders, “What? Like some comic book figure? No thank you!”
Okay, then maybe a robot?

He looks up at me with a lopsided grin. “So, I guess that means we share the bed?”

I’m relieved to see him teasing me, giving me hope that he isn’t entirely defeated. I give him a playful smile. “Sure. Just don’t try any funny business, mister!” I say teasingly, and head to the bathroom to put on my pajamas.
So, does this mean she'll try some funny business herself?

The file finishes being sent, revealing my story again on the screen. My fingers can’t cover it enough and Clark gently removes them from the screen. He reads it over my shoulder and I just want to crawl up on the floor and die.
Umm... /computer nerd peeks out/ Umm... this twist, it's... um... very... um... unlikely? blush She's using a word processor software which apparently doubles as a hardwired email client that sends the documents only to the editor's account. Today, one might build an extension for MS Office to do that, back in the day, it would mean a completely custom piece of software, maybe even an entire virtual newsroom operating system. It's possible, given the events of Ides of Metropolis, but, well, it's unlikely. The second problem is a hardware issue. Lois would need to use one of those *really* old modems:
[Linked Image]
She couldn't accidentally send the file because she'd have to dial into the Daily Planet's computer network first. And that would be the same as dialing her editor's office. She might connect before opening the file, but that would mean she'd be staying connected for a loooong time, and oversea telephone charges were reeeally expensive back in the day. She wouldn't do that unless she wanted to check some sources, which she hadn't. And then there's the issue of the speed. It looks like she used a modem with 300bps transfer rate, so yeah, sending the file could take a minute. Which means she could have just pulled the receiver from the modem box, interrupting the transfer. If she's quick witted enough.

So, what could work is her finishing up editing the file and then dialing into the Planet to check something or other and then accidentally sending the file. No idea how you'd do that accidentally while checking something else, but who knows. Maybe she placed it into an upload-queue of some sort by accident. Hmm... yeah, that could work. And in her state of panic, she might not think to simply disconnect, especially since there was no 'Cancel' button.

Lastly, there are two more tiny issues. The old modems often produced quite some noise, at least while connecting, and Lois tried to be quiet. Also I figured Lois's hotel to be one of the cheaper, smaller ones and yet it has a telephone in the room. But those are minor issues blush

So... um... yeah... sorry... it just really wracked my suspension of disbelieve blush

“Right, so you can go win your Pulitzer?” he says sarcastically, cutting me to the quick. “I’m sorry, Lois, but it’s over. Whatever it was… Good-bye,” Clark, full of hurt, moves to the door as he speaks, slamming it behind him.
Didn't he need to pack his things?

I crumple to the floor, feeling more devastated than I have at any point in my life. I blew it, in so many ways. Clark could have been The One, and I was too blinded by my own pain and circumstance to see it.
shock
Yeah, the others are right. She has no money and Clark left her alone in the city. She might get some wire transfer money from the Planet, though. But still, she's pretty much out of the game for a day at least. How will she find him again? /eyes part 8 suspiciously in TOC/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Michael:

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
quote:“Buena sera, amici!” says the Metropolis billionaire, who doesn’t even bother wearing a mask to his own masked ball.

Well, actually, he does [Big Grin]
touché!

As to the whole computer thing... well, I only have a vague memory of computers in the 90's wave

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The good old times. I didn't get my first modem till the late 90s smile And, yeah, computer stuff on the TV. It always works the way it should at that moment. Unless it's best to fail, just like the Enterprise's shields laugh

So, yeah, custom software, why not. I'd recommend flicking some random remark in there about her using the DP's gobbled together wackado piece of 'annoy-the-reporter' softwre while the Star's said to having switched to HAL's System-1 and Word Maker ages ago. But Lois still needs to connect to said network because free wifi in hotels was still almost 20 years in the future smile There should be same hassle as with a voice call (or no hassle both times), because she still needs to dial the DP's office in Metropolis. The rest can be any sort of pretext, like she wanted to research something first and left the connection open afterwards, not caring about the phone bill. It's just less hassle that way. And it's not her fault that 'annoy-the-reporter' has the 'Send-To-Editor' command wired to the F12 key. Hmm... yeah, why not laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard