Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Feedback goes here, please.

#79222 05/23/11 10:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#79223 05/24/11 07:47 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was great! The revelation went as well as it could have - Lois is hurt over the fact that she thought Clark was dead for those two days and now finds out he was still very much alive, even though she still needs to come to terms that the "Clark" disguise was "gone", but the person alive.

Very sad about Lois' dress and her shoes being ruined frown And I also liked the "guys who knows guys" part as an explanation!

Looking forward to the next part! (hopefully soon?)

smile

#79224 05/24/11 09:01 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, those remaining 8 parts sure look like it's not going to be all that easy. Wonder what you've got cooked up now smile

“I know you keep a spare outfit in the Jeep. Why don’t I go out and get that while you clean up?”

“Yes, please.” She handed him the keys to the Jeep.
[...]
He gathered up the running suit, socks, and shoes, and sped back to the Jeep. From the point of view of the cameras, he had never left.
And how's he going to explain this?

Lois threw the bag with her dress and shoes into the back seat.
Wonder if the bag will fall open and the still a bit wet clothes will soil Lois's jeep, too.

He glanced behind him and groaned. An open cardboard box and crumbs littered the back seat. Adding insult to injury, Moose had eaten their tiramisu.
Oh boy. You sure have it in it for them.

“I think we need to practice the proper endings,” Lois said, leaning forward and practically diving into another kiss.
/brows rise to hairline/ They aren't going to... well... you know. Because that would certainly allow for another 7 parts of story.

“How did you get that outfit anyway?” Lois asked. “I didn’t think I left my running suit in my car.”

“You didn’t,”
Oh, that's how he's going to do it. So, 7 parts of fallout, then?

“You can break up asteroids. You can survive bomb blasts.” Now Lois met his eyes. “If you’re Superman, then when Clark Kent was shot in that nightclub, you weren’t hurt at all.” The even tone of her voice flayed him deeper than any accusatory screaming might have done.
Oh... boy.

The criminals of Metropolis had a bad night. Perry would have said that Superman was all over them like a bad rash.
Oh, boy. So, in the future, criminals will try to ensure Superman is in good graces with his girlfriend? And leave said girlfriend alone to keep him occupied?

And so, to see her hold it made Clark feel that perhaps all was not lost.

Lois violently threw the bear against the wall.
Oh boy. Oh boy!

“Yes, sir, thank you. But Ms Lane is down on our records as the owner of the pet, and only she can pick him up.” Shanelle was unwavering.
Oh... boy. You must definitely have it in for them.

And how long are you going to let us simmer like this?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#79225 05/24/11 09:19 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw poor Clark. Hope she forgives him soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#79226 05/25/11 05:54 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Poor Clark. I hope Lois will forgive him.

Joan

#79227 05/25/11 07:28 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Clark. He had a good smile , then bad help , then good sad And Clark had been honest with her. Did tell her the truth. He did fly over to her house, break-in and steal her clothes for her, so she wouldn't have to wear dog thrown-up on clothes. That's a hero in my book. She'll forgive him. But not anytime soon, I expect.

And now Clark can't even pick up the dog for her. That he paid the vet bills for. I hope his day improves. Sigh. Poor Clark.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#79228 05/25/11 05:51 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I really have to thank the FoLCs about the shoes. I posted a question about Lois's shoes, and it sparked a whole long discussion on this thread: .

It was dcarson who pointed out that Lois certainly would not pay retail prices, as she knows guys who know guys. I immediately knew that I had to steal that line for the fic. Thanks!

"Deep vision" - I wish I could claim credit for this, but I can't. It's from Tandrelmairon's excellent Superman fanfic, "Getting Eaten Alive" . Highly recommended.

Yep, I'm piling on poor Clark. But he (probably) deserves it. It was Bobbart, in another thread, who pointed out that Lois going nuclear at the revelation wouldn't have happened until after "TOGOM". Before that, she would have been upset but not overwrought.

When she thought that Clark had been killed, and then she discovers that he was Superman and had never been in danger - after she learns that, that's when she would feel incredibly bitter and betrayed about the revelation. Or so Bobbart posits, and I must agree with him.

Thanks, everyone for the great feedback!

#79229 05/28/11 02:34 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Hahaha. Wow. Lots of great parts in this. I think my favorites were when Moose ate the tiramisu and when Lois threw the teddy bear against the wall!

Boy, they are really having a rough time of it! And Clark is allowed to pay the bill...but not fetch the dog. That's gotta sting!!

At this point, it seems hard for things to get much worse. But I guess you've still got some stuff up your sleeve!!

I think the bit about Lois being especially upset after TOGOM (as opposed to before) is a good point. And I liked the other memories you brought in that she is suddenly able to connect the dots with.

Great part!! Off to the next!! laugh

#79230 06/18/11 12:01 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Excellent! Lots of little gems written into this chapter. Wow, smooth revelation there Clark. wink Love it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard