Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The leafy residential streets of Metropolis evoked no memories at all for Clark. Although, as he reflected wryly, their chance of impacting him would have been greater if he'd been able to wrest his eyes from Lois for more than a few seconds at a time.

He was intoxicated with her.

He wanted to touch her. If that wasn't possible, he wanted to watch her.

In some ways, he felt as if he had lost everything - but it was his shared history with Lois that he mourned most deeply.

Perhaps those memories had vanished forever.

They had the chance to make more memories now, and Clark felt a burning compulsion to ensure that nothing mar their time together.

Lois hadn't actually said that she loved him.

But then, he hadn't actually said that he loved her.

He did.

Beneath the bubble and fizz of feelings that were exhilarating in their newness, he was conscious of the steadfast and enduring resonance of lifelong love. Love that was independent of his memories.

His mind had forgotten. His heart had not.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, well!!! Will wonders never cease? Clark may have lost his memory, but he is still Clark when the reaction to Lois so strong. All is well in Metropolis as long as Lois keeps him from thinking about the broken razor and shaving. Sounds like she is going to have a problem keeping him from knowing too much because she wants to tell him as much as he wants to know the answers. Wonder what his reaction will be this time when they share a bed at night and don't have the Winnie the Pooh sleeping bag along?

Enjoying this story!!!
Pat

Top Banana
Top Banana
So nice to see Clark being Clark without his past hanging over him! I wonder how long it will last, though. Surely those ugly memories of the cell won't disappear forever... but hopefully L&C can build a new foundation that when the bad stuff does reemerge Clark will have more strength through Lois' love to deal with it.

Your dialogue is always so well done-- their banter always feels natural, making it so easy to get lost in the story. thumbsup

Looking forward to the next part!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Awww ... that part was so sweet!

I loved the brother and sister conversation hyper (and the preview looks very promising :p ).

laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
MYSTERY SOLVED! I was wondering what could have made Clark so disturbed by his own image. LOL I never saw that coming. "Are you my sister"! WOW That was great! rotflol And the rest of the conversation was just adorable. I think you should win first prize for longest tease in history. The kiss is coming soon. I feel it in my bones. It is amazing how many times they have talked about it in this fiction and not done it! This was perfect all around. I can't wait for them to start making new memories. Nice job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was so happy when I saw you had already posted a new part !!

It's great to see Clark without fear and sadness about "what" he is. We can see him shining even if he doesn't have his memories. He is feeling so much better when he is with Lois - who thanks heaven is not his sister. ; )
I like to see him more himself. He is teasing Lois, he looks at her without hiding what he feels, he is bolder and less self-conscious.

A real date, that's going to be interesting ! I'm not sure he will be able to shave, not if she didn't explain him how to.

Looking forward,
Hannah.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, the sister thing was fun indeed. Of course, the list of possible answers could include:
* It's okay, you're the ruler of Krypton. It's common for the noble houses to keep the bloodlines close.
* Uhm, no, I'm not your sister. Our relationship is more like Lord and Concubine.

"She was shouted down by the rest of the reporters. Daitch and two other scientists vouched that the asteroid had definitely been there, had been an explicit threat, and that without Superman, we wouldn't have the luxury of arguing about whether it had been a hoax or not."
dizzy

He swung open the wings and put them on. He pushed them down his nose, looked over the frames, and then repositioned them.
"You're right, Lois, they do make a huge difference. But I sure prefer not to wear them, given you're naked without them." dizzy

Hope you're having a great time at the game and can't wait for you to get pack and give us a great time with part 4 blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh this chapter was exactly right. Poor Clark - thinking Lois was his sister!

I love how Menzies and Scardino are all heavily on 'Clark's side'. Amazing stuff, as usual!

Thank you for posting so quickly, LOVE IT!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Ok, so this part proved that you couldn't possibly be that bad and if you'd thrown amnesia into the mix, there had to be a way for Lois and Clark to benefit from it. And as somebody already pointed out in FDK for part 1, I think, setting Clark free of his burden is something that could definitely work to their advantaged: no bad memories and all the time in the world to build new good memories.

That said, this part was thouroughly enjoyable: their banter, their teasing,... Part of it we'd seen before, but now there's a new side to it, with more references and more teasing about the physical aspects of their relationship, which with Pre-Nighfall Clark was probably a long way to go still.

*That* was what she would like to do this afternoon. Go to the bedroom with Clark, indulge in some therapy, and then fall asleep in his arms. But then, they had a date tonight. Who knew where that would end?

"What are you thinking about?" Clark asked.

"Tonight," she said, because that covered the date ... and beyond.
See? Just what I said in part 2: you're driving the poor girl mad. So much time spent so close to such a wonderful hunk of a man and having to restrain herself so much... it can't be healthy! goofy

Loved this part! And thanks for posting so soon! I certainly wasn't expecting it today (or even tomorrow), but as a good TMTY addict, I keep checking everyday nonetheles.

Cris
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this. I read it twice - once trying to figure out what was wrong with Clark, and then again, knowing what he was thinking.

This chapter was altogether delightful. We had a little discussion before about Clark (a non-tramatized Clark, that is) not being particularly timid or overly hesitant, and that certainly is shining through here. This Clark is more like canon-Clark - friendly, relaxed, teasing, and just plain charming. I'm loving it. And, apparently, so is Lois.

There are so many posibilities, I can't even begin to guess where this will lead. Will it be smooth sailing, or are there more bumps in the road? (let's hear it for mixed metaphors - lol)

I cannot wait to read more!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
You know, until now I never understood why Menzies was in such a position of power in the agency. He seemed to just be an ornery old codger while his nephew was alive, but now that he's fighting for Clark, he's really shining. The press conference was handled really well.

I love the questions about their relationship. Poor, tortured Clark. First you torture him physically and psychologically, now it's emotional torture. I'm glad that Lois finally realized that she was hurting Clark by evading all of his questions. It'll mean a lot to Clark that she was perceptive enough and willing to help him.

With the inevitable super power questions, I don't know how long Lois can conceivably get by without telling Clark that he's Superman. It's one thing for *one* razor to break, or to realize that his glasses are just leaded glass, but what happens when something he's glaring at spontaneously combusts? I think she needs to stop evading about that, too.

"I know I've never kissed you. Not *really* kissed you."
Color me curious. I wonder why it's so obvious to him when he can't remember anything else?

He lifted his hands in abject frustration. "Then what is *wrong* with me?"

"You ... we *both* needed some time to work through some issues."
I hope that Clark thinks about this statement a little more. I know that Lois told pre-Nightfall Clark that she wouldn't mind doing anything he was ready for, but here she's admitting that she still has some healing to do. I know she wants to make some good memories (and we want that kiss ... or kisses ... or more), but they should still probably take things slowly.

peep
/me ducks rotten tomatoes thrown by the other FoLCs

Lois turned from him and walked to the door, straightening her hair and wishing there was an easy way to dilute the joy and excitement - and arousal, she admitted - from her eyes.
Damn. No Jimmy and we still get "interruptis".

MozartMaid said:
Surely those ugly memories of the cell won't disappear forever...
Don't forget that this is Female Hawk. Don't you remember that she wrote Awaken My Heart where Clark never did regain his childhood memories? Frankly, it would be sad if he never remembered his childhood or Jonathan, but the compensation of never remembering the torture might just make it worth it

More soon, please.
BJ

Merriwether
Merriwether
My head is spinning, but in the best way. The first chapter of this story was WAFFy, the second was poignant and angsty ... and by the end of the third chapter, we're back to WAFFy again. smile1

"Ahh ..." Clark spread his fingers and thumb across his cheeks. "I ... ah ... tried to shave, but the razor broke."

Lois hadn't even thought about that. "The stubble looks good," she said. "It suits you." And it did. It gave him a slightly roguish appearance that filled her imagination with a parade of possibilities.

"I don't like it," Clark said shortly.
Sniffle ... probably brings back memories of how he was forced to look in the cell. frown

They'd overcome so much. And they'd done it by working together.

But now ...

Now she felt as if she were trying to evade him. As if she had abandoned him to grapple alone with the obscure cloud of nothingness.
I was *so* glad to see this. That's what felt off to me in the last chapter. Not in your writing, but in Lois's decision to keep all these secrets from Clark. It might be understandable in another story, in another universe, but in this universe, they MUST tell each other the truth. It's essential to their relationship, to who they are. So I was so relieved when Lois walked right out of the bathroom, even giving up her shower, to talk to Clark and answer some of his questions. And as you had her do here, she doesn't even have to answer all of them -- but when she's evasive, she needs to be honest with him about why, so he's not at an even larger disadvantage than he already is.

"Are you my sister?"
Oh, poor Clark! This is funny and sad, all at once. But definitely a relief, to know that this is what was bothering him. LOL, poor guy!

And I love how as soon as he learns that they are not related, he INSTANTLY changes back into the carefree, flirtly Clark from before. The guy has the weight of the world on his shoulders -- no memory, no family, no identity, no nothing ... yet the only thing that can upset him is thinking he can't have a relationship with the woman he's just met. That's just ... fabulous! thumbsup

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
wibbly to giddy is the best way to describe it! I LOVE the fact that he asked if they were siblings! hilarious!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I started reading this yesterday and now am SOOOOOO bummed to learn that this story is still a work in progress. What? No ending tonight? Arg. I will have to learn to be paitent. Thanks for sucking me into your story. Can't wait for the next installment.

Also, loved the whole sister/brother angle. Hillarious. It's nice to see them flirting without all the baggage. Let's hope he doesn't remember her as his guard before he remembers the other things.

Martha, where are you? I've thought it more than once while reading all the installments: Poor Clark. Here without his memories, I think he's the happiest he's been in 7 years.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Due to busy life, I've turned into a silent reader, but I have continued to follow the story as time has allowed me, and avidly enjoying it all! I am especially revived with Highway and elated about Clark's amnesia. I love the clever idea of using the Nightfall Asteroid to give Clark the eraser to the past he needs in order to be the Superman the world needs. This is a brilliant story!

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Top Banana
Top Banana
Kathy wrote (regarding Clark's statement that he didn't like his stubble):
probably brings back memories of how he was forced to look in the cell
I originally took Clark's comments of displeasure ("I don't like it", "it itches") as a reminder to the reader that the beard had not only been a psychological symbol of his humiliation, but it was also just plain uncomfortable. Now, I'm wondering if perhaps you're right. Could he be remembering, albeit subconsciously?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oh, I am a long way behind on FDK replies blush

Pat
Clark may have lost his memory, but he is still Clark when the reaction to Lois so strong.
Yep, Clark is still Clark - in fact it could be argued that Clark sans memories of the cell is *more* like the Clark we know and love. laugh

MM Dialogue is absolutely my favourite part of story-writing. I would be quite happy to have them sit down and chat for 100 000 words!

DW On top of everything else, I wasn't very nice to Clark - giving him a time when he thought he might be lusting after his sister. But I kept his suffering short!

Laura I didn't set out to keep you waiting for the kiss. A long time ago, I had the conversation sorted where Clark says 'I know I haven't kissed you - I would remember that.'

They got closer in Trail than I originally intended, which made it seem like a tease. I was going to have Clark completely uncomfortable with any contact, but his natural warmth kept showing through and I found myself writing him as more receptive than I really wanted him to be.

Hannah The teasing was something that couldn't really be in their relationship until now. I enjoy it, too.

Michael Michael, I am very suspicious that you have hacked into my computer. wink Your comments often seem strangely appropriate for my *next* story. confused confused

Oh boy, Lois will have quite a hard time figuring out how far to take this without telling him.
Exactly.

Bellarase Menzies and Scardino are meant to represent the majority of society. It is so easy to go along with the prevailing opinon of the time. But when that opinon is shown to be wrong, just and reasonable people change.

Cristina

if you'd thrown amnesia into the mix, there had to be a way for Lois and Clark to benefit from it.
The amnesia wiped the slate clean so we could start again (again!).

Vicki

This Clark is more like canon-Clark - friendly, relaxed, teasing, and just plain charming. I'm loving it. And, apparently, so is Lois.
Even more so because Lois hasn't known this Clark before. smile

Brenda

Color me curious. I wonder why it's so obvious to him when he can't remember anything else?
Because he believes that if he had kissed her, the memory would have been so strong that it would have survived amnesia. I admit, that might not be completely rational thinking, but this is Lois and Clark ... wink

Kathy

The first chapter of this story was WAFFy, the second was poignant and angsty ... and by the end of the third chapter, we're back to WAFFy again.
To spoil or not to spoil ... help

Lois's decision to keep all these secrets from Clark.
Lois was told by Menzies that the experts would probably advise her not to tell him too much. Initially, she's in a spin - think about what she went through in the preceeding 48 hours - her first major argument with Clark, the realisation that her love might not be enough to bring him healing, the world threatened, Clark threatened, Clark and his powers being introduced to the world, Clark missing, Clark with amnesia.

It's only as she gets some time to reflect (looking out of the window in H2) that she begins to formulate a plan - it's OK if he learns about their relationship (so long as he doesn't feel indebted to her), it's OK if he learns about his powers, (and she will do everything to make them seem non-disturbing) but she wants to avoid *everything* about the cell.

She still exercises caution - not wanting to overload him with an entire life in one massive reveal.

The most difficult part of Highway was dealing with Lois telling Clark about his life - the order that things came to light, how, and how much she told him.

I loved your paragraph about Clark's reaction to finding out that Lois isn't his sister.

Joy I'm glad you liked the brother/sister confusion.

Virginia Sorry - it is still a WIP. At least you got the first three stories quickly!

LadyM I'm so glad you're still with us. smile

Mega-thanks for reading and giving FDK. clap The early parts of Highway felt to me like I was setting up again - so it was wonderful to read that you're enjoying these parts.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard