Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry, no preview this time. Anything I posted would give too much away.

So, that's three stories down, one to go.

A big thank you to my three wonderful BRs - Iolanthe, who is amazing at plot, Deja Vu, who is spectacular at grammar, and Lynn, who always notices those little words that should be there, but aren't.

Thank you also to everyone who is still reading. Thank you to those who have taken the time to leave FDK. I thoroughly enjoy your speculation and need your encouragement. I often re-read the FDK threads when Goo has collapsed, and we are both convinced that we won't ever again write another line that makes sense!!

We've finished the Trail. Next comes the Highway.

Corrina. wave

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Holy cow! Well, as always, I'm blown away by your talent. I am so addicted to this story. I knew it'd end on a cliffhanger, but jeeze! Haha. Can't wait for Highway. I REALLY can't wait for that kiss and Martha's big debut. :-)

I heart Clark Kent.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love how Corrina weaves LnC story-line into the stories that she pulls out of the air. I was expecting a kiss when Clark left, so since she did not have it (on purpose) this is something important. Wish I knew what all these clues mean!

Thanks to Corrina for such a rich, fully developed story. Now, I cannot wait until it is time to get on the Highway!

Pat dance

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooooo- As I started reading, I had an inkling you were going to do this to us! Cruel, just cruel! grumble

I'm wondering if Martha will come straight away. Will she and Lois recognize each other by seeing their own agony reflected in the other's eyes?

Hope you start on the sequel soon!

thanks!

rkn
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful cliffhanger. Lovely part, especially all the documentation.

"That's wonderful," Lois said. "And Layla? Did she get her college portfolio completed?"

Evan prefaced his reply with a smile. "She did. She's ... ah ... actually, she's working on another project now....He laughed nervously. "My daughter's project," he said. He thrust the jumpsuit at Clark. "Your disguise."
Oh so much better than finding the suit at the farm. So the stock Superman suit without the family emblem. Excellent.

Looking forward to the "Highway".

Oh and if he does crash to Earth, please consider a spectacular impact such as the one from "Superman Returns".

Of course for a really evil course of events you can have him crash someplace else in the world and not have his memory and take a few years to regain it. He could be mistaken for a missing reporter and start submitting news items to a wire service. Have some trials and tribulations as he travels the world.

In the USA Lois Lane ends up leading the fight to take down Lex Luthor. Lois spends some time in Smallville and really does take to small town living even without Clark but She learns of Lex Luthor and his criminal activities from her father. She takes on the cover identity of a reporter to allow her to be wandering around Metropolis asking questions. Smallville remains her home base and her refuge.

The Daily Planet gets a new editor, a semi-retired agent named Perry White. Perry having been one of Lois early trainers and mentor in the agency. Perry has met and bonded with Clark on Perry's last overseas assignment. He just does not the man he knows is Clark Kent.

Lois is making headway but is till having problems getting usable proof.

Clark takes down a major section of Luthor's overseas operations along with several outposts of Intergang. Then he finally makes his way to the USA.

You could string this out for two or three years. : )

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't believe how far we've come!! -- cause this story is a journey for all of us, I think.

When the red underpants appeared... thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Merriwether
Merriwether
This was the perfect way to end this story. I know it's essentially a cliffhanger, but it doesn't feel like one to me. We know what happens next in canon, and although we don't know what spin you will put on it, I have every confidence that it's going to be spectacular. thumbsup

Shadbolt took two unsteady steps forward, his eyes never leaving Clark's face. "Mr Kent," he said in a hoarse and crumbly voice. He roughly cleared his throat. "Mr Kent. I'm sorry."

The walls of the small room seemed to close in on them, shrinking the space between them. Shadbolt's eyes didn't waver. In them, Clark could see shame. And such sincere contrition that it was almost painful to observe. Finding his own throat dry, Clark offered his hand and only said, "Mr Shadbolt."
A wonderful, powerful, very important exchange. Important for both Clark and Shadbolt.

He shut the door and stood there, looking acutely uncomfortable. His eyes dwelled on the garment he was carrying. He laughed nervously. "My daughter's project," he said. He thrust the jumpsuit at Clark. "Your disguise."

Clark's mouth fell open. "I'm supposed to wear *that*?" he gasped.

"We asked Layla to design something that a comic hero might wear." He shrugged. "Guess there's no telling what a teenager will dream up."
Heh, this was great. I never would have thought of it on my own, but AmyPrime nailed it in the last feedback thread. Brava to both of you for even coming up with it!

And the whole exchange covering Clark's reaction to it was fantastic. With his history, he would think they were all crazy for even suggesting he wear such a thing. Not to mention how the cut of the suit pushes his modesty button.

I loved how he had his initial reaction in front of Shadbolt, though, and how he asked, "It looks stupid, doesn't it?" when Shadbolt first saw him in it. If nothing else convinced Evan that Clark was just a regular guy, that definitely should do it.

I did think it was a breakthrough that Clark let Lois help him put on the suit, though. Even if he wasn't completely undressed in front of her, that had to be a big mental obstacle for him to overcome. The bedroom therapy helped, as did the urgency of the situation, but it was still probably hard for him. And yes, the red briefs are important for giving him back at least a little modesty -- otherwise it would be like the black suit he got from the NKers. (swoon and wink )

One UK/Aussie English bit that slipped in, though:
But Lois wasn't laughing. "Wow," she said softly. "Wow. You look exactly right."

"For a fancy-dress party, maybe," he grumbled.
Clark would say, "For a costume party, maybe." In the US, a "fancy dress party" would mean something like Lex Luthor's White Orchid Ball -- an event where the men wear tuxedos and the women wear ball gowns. We use the word fancy to mean "extra nice" or "elaborate".

Uncertainty flooded his expression, and she waited for him to speak. "Would ... would you like me to kiss you now?" he asked.

"No."

"No?"

"If you kiss me now, it is going to be borne of desperation and fear," she said. "It will feel like we're scared that you won't return."
I truly though this is where you were going to give them their first kiss -- like when Lois kisses Superman in canon -- but this makes more sense. Especially given Clark's concern about negative physical associations, I think Lois is really smart to not have all this fear surrounding their first kiss. Heartbreaking, but well done, Corrina.

I can't wait for Thursday and H1! I am super excited to see what comes next. You absolutely rock, Corrina! sloppy

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ok you know an amazing chapter when you read a few lines then check the scroll bar to see how much you have left and breathe a sigh of relief when you see you still have a lot to go. But then that turns to dismay when you come to the end!

Amazing chapter, I cannot even tell you. I'm going to go read it again, in fact. You handled the press conference and Shadbolt perfectly. Oh how I love this fic!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Everyone else pretty much covered it, but this was a super fantastic part! And I know that it technically ended on a huge cliffhanger - luckily, one we are familiar with smile - it didn't feel like one confused smile1 smile1 smile1

laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Ha! Way back when, as I read about Shadbolt and his magazines, I thought, "This is significant. There is a reason for the names of these magazines." I couldn't figure out what it was. Something to do with Clark being an alien? No, something else. Something significant. What could it be?

But then, to be honest, I forgot about it. So, when I read in the last chapter about Shadbolt's new job, it still didn't click. Until Lois said it here. AHA! Yes. I *knew* that was going to fit in somewhere, somehow! I do LOVE the way you write. How you don't just wander all over the place, but tie everything together. How things mentioned in passing on page 1 will show up again with renewed meaning on page 988. It makes reading your stories such a pleasure.

And this chapter, was, from start to finish, a pleasure to read. Especially the costume. I was laughing out loud at Clark's reaction. And Lois, telling him the red underwear were "shorts" - shorts with a cute yellow belt to be worn on *top* of his costume. goofy

And the press conference was perfect. I loved that Clark spoke, and the sincerity of his message. All in all, just a wonderful chapter, and a great end to Trail.

I cannot wait to begin reading Highway! dance

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, one more thing. I did not understand that a fancy-dress party meant a costume party, so Clark's statement made absolutely no sense to me. Now I get it. (Thanks, Kathy!)

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I swear I'm not reading this only for the Shadbolt... but I love him!

Oh, the other stuff? That was great too. What everyone else said. smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome ending to a terrific story! I think it ended perfectly. I love the meeting with Shadbolt! The suit was very cleverly done. And at least we know that the kiss will eventually come when he is back and his old self. Of course we expect that he won't remember who he is at first and I am sure you will take your time getting us to that place. Thank you for writing this wonderful story. You have really outdone yourself. I don't know of any other fiction that has had such an impact on the readers. Bravo! I will look forward to the next part on pins and needles! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
hail

It was a *lot* bigger than Smallville. The fear swelled, pushing into her ribs and pressing against her heart.
I got one of those heart wrenching feelings from this line. I love how it's written.

"My daughter's project," he said. He thrust the jumpsuit at Clark. "Your disguise."
That was brilliant.

So...how long until the next part? laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
Back again. laugh

I just wanted to comment on this:
I think we are all waiting anxiously for that *kiss* in lieu of him being ok and Martha (and Jonathan?) Kent to make an appearance.
I'm glad you wrote that, DW, because it means I'm not the only one still holding out hope that Jonathan is alive. There's really no reason for me to believe he's alive other than that I really want him to be. huh

Oh, and a quick question to anyone who knows: I keep thinking of a scene where Lois says something about Superman's "costume" and Clark corrects her, saying it's his "suit". Is that from the show? A fanfic? Or, did I just imagine that happening?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Amazing, wonderful story ! clap clap
Nightfall is an excellent idea, it will make Earth people more at ease with the "alien", I really don't like how this word sounds ! When I read, I feel like if it was full of hatred and lack of understanding.

I love the part with Evan and the suit made by his daughter. Really funny to read.

A great end to this story, I will never say enough how a good writer you are Corinna, your stories are always amazing, thrilling !! Eager to discover Highway !
Thank you for those wonderful stories and thank you to all the Folcs who make L&C survive through the time !

Yours, Hannah.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Vicki asked:
I keep thinking of a scene where Lois says something about Superman's "costume" and Clark corrects her, saying it's his "suit". Is that from the show? A fanfic? Or, did I just imagine that happening?
Hmm, this must have been a fanfic; I don't recognize it as being from the show. In fact, I don't remember Clark ever making a big deal over what to call it. Might be interesting for someone to go back through the early episodes and see if there are any specific references.

Kathy (who just today came across an article in the New Yorker about "near-Earth objects" -- NEOs -- and how the Earth is unprepared to stop them from crashing into us. It was beyond amusing how many times I thought of Nightfall, ASU, and this story while reading, LOL.)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was sooooo great and everyone else already said it soooo well, that I really don't think there's much for me to add. I really, really enjoyed the final part of Trail. It made so much sense on pretty much every level. Shadbolt and Scardino are two great supporting characters and I think you're doing a great job with them.

As for our favorite duo, I just hope you're not going to throw amnesia into the mix and that Clark isn't going to be lost out there for a long time.

Thanks for a wonderful third part of the ride. Bring on the fourth!

Cris
Blogger
Blogger
Now that is what I call a cliffhanger. smile

As many before me have already mentioned, I loved the interactions between Clark and Evan as well as Scardino. Marriage certificate - now that is something I didn't quite expect, although the reasoning certainly makes sense.

I wonder if very soon we'll here from Martha since she'll know this is Clark going up against an asteroid. Granted, she probably wouldn't have a clue who to contact...

Can't wait for the next part. smile1 hyper

Have a great day!

J
Blogger
Blogger
J
This has been such an incredible story, I loved every minute of it. I keep thinking that If Clark comes back with no memory, at least he will forget the horrible things that happened in the cell and will be off for a great new start with Lois.
Of course, He might as well forget the good ones...
Like everyone else, I am looking forward to the next part.

Thank you so much Corinna

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard