Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#78416 04/13/11 09:31 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The end...I can't quite believe it. Parts of this story were really easy to write and others were very difficult, but I enjoyed the entire process. I hope all of you did as well.

Thanks for your encouragement and for even daring to read it in the first place. smile You make writing even funner than it already is and a whole lot more rewarding!

Also, a big thanks to Morgana for beta-reading the whole story. She had to put up with, alternatively, long waits between cliff-hangers and receiving two chapters at the same time with less than a day to beta them before they were due to be posted--but I'm glad she didn't give up!

Thanks, everyone, for reading and commenting!

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great end to a great story. Sometimes it can be difficult to develop chapters around characters others than Lois and Clark, but you've done a stunning job with Perry.

This seems so true of Perry:

He was good at ignoring things. Good at pretending they had never happened or didn't matter. Good at putting up a bold front that denied the fact there was a problem.
I'm so glad you brought him to a place where he could embrace forgiveness and move on.

Excellent story!

Blogger
Blogger
I really enjoyed this story. I would love to have seen Clark's reaction to the win though....!
Loved Perry's perspective throughout.

Kyla
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Happy sigh!
Very satisfying story...thank you!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice wrap up of Perry and his son. Good job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The perfect ending to a perfect story! Well done!

Hmmm, it might have been good to get Clark's reaction.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great epilogue! Doing it from Perry's POV was really an interesting choice and it worked out well. His need to forgive Jerry was a very powerful theme in this chapter. I like how you said that he was like Lois, but that Perry's "Clark" - Alice - didn't have the superhuman tenacity that Clark did for Lois. What an interesting point!

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved this whole story and this was indeed the perfect ending the the perfect story wink

I also would have loved to see Lois and (more) Clark's reaction to the win - maybe as an epilogue? Anyway, it was still the perfect ending.

smile clap

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
That was lovely! laugh

I really liked how you handled Clark's fear in this story--it does some like hurting Lois would be a very big deal to him, something that would be hard to let go of. And the assassination attempt was definitely something that deserved more attention than it got in the series.

Another thing I loved about this was how you handled Perry. You can really feel his pain, and his process of healing was nicely done.

Great "relearning" part for Clark--I agree about the poetic comments!

And finally, it was great how you handled Lois and Clark coming together. Lovely story!

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, everyone for the amazing feedback--I'm so glad you all take the time to comment on my story (which, I have to admit, I'm a bit biased about smile ).

I'm glad seeing through Perry's view for the epilogue was okay...I was worried readers would be frustrated they didn't get to see Lois and Clark. I mean, it is their fansite, after all. wink

About another epilogue showing Lois and Clark's reaction to the fact that he won the Peace Prize...well, I'm curious as to why it hasn't been done before. I've read several about the Kerth awards, but none about the Peace Prize he won in Sex, Lies, And Videotape. If anyone else wants to write a story explaining their reactions to the win, I'd love to read it (hint, hint), but I don't see that happening for this story. When I find an ending I like, I hate to let go of it. wink

Incidentally, the story ends in such a way that it can slip right into the next episode in the season--Sex, Lies, And Videotape--which explains all my dark hints about Lois having a fallout from so publicly aligning herself with Superman.

Thanks for mentioning that part about Perry's Clark, IolantheAlias. It sounded so right in my head, but I had a very hard time getting that thought coherently down on paper (or screen, I guess).

Thanks for reading and commenting, Deja Vu. It's nice to know that my editor likes to read my stories even when they're not assigned to her. laugh I'm so glad you liked it after listening to me talk about it so much!

Again (and I'm repeating myself, I know), thanks for leaving such encouraging comments. I'm hard at work on another story already, but this one was especially fun. Thank you!

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wasn't sure what was coming but I think the way you handled Perry's closure was wonderful. It sort of really was the perfect ending for this story clap

"Well," Jimmy began, unable to curtail the beaming grin that made him look even younger than he was. "Superman's just won the International Peace Prize! They're going to give it to him next week!"
So, are you setting the next story up or is it just a nod to canon?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This story was just meant to slip in between Lethal Weapon and Sex, Lies, And Videotape--there were two weeks between the airing of those episodes, so I had some time to work with. I figured the Peace Prize would be, not only a great way to make up for rejecting Superman, but also a way to let people know where we were in the season.

And, hey, I’m relieved you think this is the perfect ending! Thanks, Darth Michael.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Terrific story. I had never realized how quickly the show had brushed off what had happened to Clark, to Lois (fearing for Clark), and to their relationship in Lethal Weapon -- as well as the relationship between Perry, Jimmy, and Clark. This indeed worked as the missing episode. clap

You handled Clark's grief at hurting Lois and his fear at hurting anyone, especially his family and friends so well. Lois's description of her fury was spot on. That was exactly how I felt after seeing that episode. And, of course, they (show) just brushed what the mayor had done to their hero under the rug, like it had been nothing. Yea! to the real hero of Lethal Weapon, Dr. Klein for not following orders!

You have a gift for words, AntiK, and I'm so glad you share them (your words & your gift) with us.

I didn't notice the round-robin POV until you pointed it out specifically on my POV thread, but it worked really well for this story. They all needed to find a way to forgive. Perry - his son and Jimmy. Lois - Metropolis. And Clark - himself. Beautiful story!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow, what a treat to get this feedback!

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and the descriptions--emotions have always seemed to be powerful things to me, especially in regards to writing characters, so I enjoyed getting to explore that theme in this story.

I've always loved Dr. Klein; it was nice to get to spotlight him a bit.

Glad the shifting POV worked--not the easiest thing in the world to do! smile

Thanks again--and glad you enjoyed!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard