Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Lois had bathed her red eyes in cool water and hoped that any lingering traces of distress could be attributed to this morning when she had cried on Clark's chest. Just after midday, she heard Clark enter the kitchen. She stood from where she had been pretending to write her novel.

She sniffed and couldn't detect any traces of smoke in the air. Not obvious ones, anyway.

Would it be enough to keep Clark from being suspicious? Was his olfactory sense as keenly developed as his sight and hearing?

She sniffed again, and this time, she smelled it. The aroma curled into her nostrils.

She inhaled again. And again. Hardly daring to believe.
Thanks!

Corrina.

ETA - Thanks to Patrick for the meth idea!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
dance I can see now why there is another whole story ahead. I guess you had to have angst somewhere to make the good shine. Sigh... I am finding it frustrating to read the parts so far apart. when I buy a book and I like it I just read it right through nonstop. I may actually have to stop reading this until it is done. I get too wrapped up it in. Knowing there is more bad stuff coming just makes me crazy because I want to read more to see how you get them out of it. So if I give this a rest and don't respond know that it is because I am too interested and too impatient to wait. Unless you want to e mail me the rest of it I think I will just have to give it up until I see part 29 posted. If I can resist the temptation to peek. wink Keep up the good work. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Would you mind if I slipped my hands under your top and massaged your back?"

*Mind*? Her back was panting for his attention. "I don't mind," she managed, congratulating herself on not sounding completely desperate.
Hee hee hee.

"Why did you stop the first time you went up my back?"

She heard a shuffle. "It's kind of embarrassing," Clark said.

"When a man can make a woman feel the way I'm feeling, he has nothing to be embarrassed about."
And hee hee hee again!

The whole backrub scene was incredibly sensual. Corrina, you've shown such artistry in this that I think we'll definitely have to have an nfic chapter in this fic before the end! (hint, hint!)

Merriwether
Merriwether
I was all ready to catch up on part 24 when I refreshed the page and discovered that 25 was posted, too. Yippee, two parts at once! (Though I'm going to regret that as soon as I hit "Add Reply" because then it will be a few more days till I get more. whinging

Part 24 was sweet, with Clark admitting how nervous he was about "the bedroom thing." Heh. But my favorite part was the plot of Lois's novel. It's like a fanfic within a fanfic! whinging

"Don't," she said. "When the door is shut, it's just us. This is our trust time. Our time to ask questions. Our time to get to know each other."
I want you to know how much I love this part of the story. Not any specific scene, but this whole concept. It's incredibly intimate, even if Clark isn't ready to make it physical yet. But they will get there, and this whole plot point, the "trust time", is amazing.

"I received a letter this morning," she cut in. "From a Mr Neville Moyne. A letter that outlines the details of a recent operation by your agency."
Can I tell you? I quite literally slapped my hand over my mouth in shock when I read this. HOLY SH- ... er, Holy Cow. wink That was a plot twist I never saw coming!!

It was round and very black. He readjusted his vision and was able to determine that it had been an apple pie ... once.
LOL, whoops! But poor Lois, heartbroken over the pie. mecry

The ending was definitely a shocker, but she has no proof other than the rantings of a madman. But she did introduce the word "escape" into Menzies' mind ... eek! peep

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
was just getting happy with this part and then wham! now I will be on tenterhooks until I see how Moyne handles this

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh noes! The plot thickens again!

Love the 'trust sessions' behind closed doors. Sooo awesome!! Wow, i don't know if you realize how addicted I am to the story - but it' s a good addiction!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh no, it's sounding like Moyne did some awful deviant things of a sexual nature to poor Clark! I hope it turns out this is not the case! smile1

Loving the story more with each part. I might go back to the beginning and start again to get a feel for the time frame that they are in, as for the reader it seems they have been on this journey longer than what they really have. A reread will also help fill in the next three days till my next fix of this wonderful tale.

Looking forward so much to the next part! thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
The reporter from the Daily Planet took me by surprise. I have no idea where you are going to go with this. I cannot wait to read more and find out!

Now, why did the burnt apple pie NOT surprise me? goofy

I, too, like their closed door TMTY sessions. I had wanted to comment on the door several chapters ago, but for some reason I forgot to put that comment. It was back when Clark first closed the door. He had noticed when Lois closed the door and he had this shock reaction on realizing they were alone, behind closed doors. Later, for some reason which I forget now, Clark had to leave the room to get something. The point is, when he came back, he closed the door behind him. That was the moment I was going to comment on. The significance of Clark closing the door.

I liked the back rub and smiled at Clark expecting a bra.

I'm looking forward to Clark meeting Lois's dad. And to the continuation of today's preview!

I do love this story.

ETA: Now that I think about it, maybe I *did* comment about the door at the time. Oh well, 'Anything worth saying is worth repeating.' laugh

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Great part again, except for the burnt pie (although it seems like she is attempting another one or something else in the preview?) and the letter and accompanied photo that Moyne send to the DP.

*Mind*? Her back was panting for his attention. "I don't mind," she managed, congratulating herself on not sounding completely desperate.
Yes, I imagine it would have been difficult not to sound desperate whinging And it does explain his skittishness very well and justifies it. I do hope that it is not as bad as it seems.

More soon, please laugh

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
It wasn't possible.

It just wasn't possible.

It couldn't be happening.

But it was.

Right now. Right here. And they had less than two days.
YES!!! Nightfall in two days!

Ms Rhodes reached into her bag again and withdrew a sheet of paper. She held it up for him to see.

The hairy, unkempt face of the alien stared back.
Yes I am a Planet report with a photo of a human male that hasn't shaved recently. I am showing it to a high government official as proof of alien life.

I get the feeling that Ms. Rhodes is not the best reporter on staff. Perhaps a female version of Ralph?

The good part of it is now that Menzies knows Clark is alive he can ask him for help with Nightfall. Or more likely have Daniel ask him for help.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Patrick, I do believe you are on to something. hyper

I can't believe I have had Nightfall in the back of my mind all along, yet when I read the bit about Menzies, I didn't have a clue what that was all about. Ooooh, this is getting good!! dance

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Did Clark sneak a new apple pie in there? But they will both know. And both know the other knows. Oh, the cliffy!

"So I'll answer you," Lois said. "As far as I'm concerned, when that door is shut, nothing is off-limits unless it makes you feel uncomfortable." She smiled, hoping to ease the look of trepidation that was creeping into his face. "I'm impatient, as you know. I'm in love with you, as you also know. I don't see you as either alien or human - you're just the man I love. So, whatever you have planned for tonight, I want you to know that I'll be OK with it."
Well, that's one way to put it. Wonder how she's going to re-animate Clark after this shock.

Lois thought she could see where this was going - and nausea snaked through her stomach. "But touching of a more intimate nature ... you have no good memories?"

"I want to forget," he said. "I want to be able to push all that aside and not let it affect what I could have with you. I know that with you, it's different - so very, very different. But I just can't separate the two."
clap You must definitely are weaving a great tale there.

He quickly scanned the entire house and within seconds had discovered the source of the strange smell. In the oven was ... well, he wasn't entirely sure what it was. It was round and very black. He readjusted his vision and was able to determine that it had been an apple pie ... once.
Can something be sad and hilarious at the same time?

As he watched, Lois suddenly leapt from the chair with such force that it tumbled backwards. She scrambled helter-skelter into the kitchen, yanked open the oven door, snatched a tea towel, and pulled out the blackened disk.
Uhm... a logistical question. Shouldn't Lois have smelled it earlier. The burnt toast smell must have already stunk up the entire ground floor by the time it was black through and through. And what did she do? Put on a timer and that's it?

It wasn't possible.

It just wasn't possible.

But it was.

Nightfall?

The hairy, unkempt face of the alien stared back.
shock shock shock

Bad Corrina, bad!

spider spider spider

It it time yet?

Michael

Edit: Yep, Patrick must be right about Ralphine. Also, the name Ruby is certainly not invoking the most serious undertones over here in Europe, so, yeah, sounds like Ralphine, indeed.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It wasn't possible.

It just wasn't possible.

But it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES!!! Nightfall in two days!
Now that's a scenario I hadn't thought of! Hmmmm, now that WOULD be an interesting turn of events! Bring on Nightfall!

Cheers
Elizabeth

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Two general comments ...

1) What happened to Clark in the cell - as with earlier parts, you will get some detail, but much will be left to your imagination. It's probably not as bad as your worst thoughts, but it has to be bad enough to have caused Clark's current difficulties.

2) Regarding Moyne's letter - from Trail 14 (and with apologies to my BRs because the relevant bit went in *after* they'd seen the part.)

In the back of the police car, Neville Moyne had time to think through his situation.

He had no doubt that he would be released - probably with a gushing apology - the moment the puffed-up sheriff finally talked with Eric Menzies.

There were good reasons why he had hadn't spilled the juicy information that the person masquerading as Clark Kent was, in reality, a vicious alien. He didn't want some stupid female cop seizing her moment of glory and informing Menzies that *she* had recaptured the prisoner.

No - Moyne had already put the pieces in place to guarantee that he would gain whatever benefit was to be had from finding the escaped alien, returning him to captivity, and securing the safety of humanity.
Laura If this part was due to a bad mood, I must have been grumpy for months because it doesn't deviate from the original plan!

In a way, I enjoyed your reaction, Laura. The last 3-4 parts have been smooth riding (it felt to me like I was setting you up, although that wasn't my specific intention). Now there's a bump and a possible dark cloud. However, I don't think it was realistic that the last four parts would simply glide to the end.

Iolanthe nfic? /cough/ There are three possibilities. No nfic part. An nfic part within the story. An nfic part that takes the story I've set up in a different direction to the one I want. The third option is the most likely, but I'd still say it's doubtful. If I did go the third option, it wouldn't be posted until after TMTY is completely finished.

Kathy Considering what Clark has endured, I think it's unlikely that he would easily slip into an intimate relationship with Lois. In some ways, he still a 21-year old country kid. In other ways, he's a much older man with huge baggage. Either way, this wasn't going to be easy. The 'bedroom therapy' was a way of moving them on from the strictly platonic, but still staying true to the difficulties Clark is facing. I'm glad you like it!

Joy The smooth ride couldn't continue - sorry wink

Bellarase As addictions go, this is probably one of the least harmful wink

Elizabeth Interesting point about the passing of time. I've thought about posting a story in 'real time', but my stories take so long to get through a single day, it just isn't possible.

If I ever write a story that moves a little faster, I think it could be fun, though.

Vicki

Now, why did the burnt apple pie NOT surprise me?
Because the plot of Lois's novel is so good, you knew she would get caught up in writing it? wink

You're right - Clark closing that door was significant. It sort of separates that time from the rest of their lives.

DW Lois and impatience just seem to go together. I know it's not nice to make her wait wink

Patrick You mentioned Nightfall quite a few parts ago. We'll see. wink

The person in the photo would be more than unshaven. He would also have long shaggy hair and be dirty. Assuming it is a photo of Clark (which Moyne could have easily obtained), Moyne would have chosen the worst/most appalling one from his collection.

Michael

Did Clark sneak a new apple pie in there?
No, something even better.

Can something be sad and hilarious at the same time?
When Lois first got the recipe, you predicted she would burn down the farmhouse. *That* was hilarious - never going to happen though, not with Clark around.

Uhm... a logistical question. Shouldn't Lois have smelled it earlier.
Michael, Michael - haven't you *ever* been so engrossed in a story that the house could fall down around you and you wouldn't notice?

A *cook* might have been attuned to the smell. But no one has ever called Lois a cook!

Thanks, everyone. I'm enjoying your speculation.

Four parts to go!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is really tough! help I think adding sexual abuse in the mix is too much. Have you ever known anyone trying to get over having been sexually abused like you are implying? Frankly I think he already had plenty on his plate to have it be a miracle for him to get to a relatively "normal" life, but now this makes it pretty near impossible on top of everything else. And I guess I don't understand why the addition anyway, but it's too much evil for me. frown

EvelynC
Blogger
Blogger
As many others have commented already, this part took me by surprise. I did not quite expect a reporter to find out about "the alien" (unless it was Lois somehow revealing the operation in light of an innocent being tortured, but that was before Scardino gave them an out). Also, I kind of expected Nightfall, but two days from now? Ouch! That's not a lot of time. I wander if Menzies will believe that the alien escaped and if he'll be outraged that he was fooled (considering Moyne is more or less out of the picture, that Phoebe doesn't really care about Moyne much, and that all evidence of the operation is destroyed, he doesn't have many reasons - nor the opportunity without rods - to go after Clark). But to me, it seems unlikely that he'll simply ask Clark to fight off Nightfall, even through Scardino or Lois. I could be wrong... But I wonder if that's going to be a decision that Clark makes on his own (if he somehow finds out on TV)...

Can't wait to find out how you'll deal with all these problems.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
The person in the photo would be more than unshaven. He would also have long shaggy hair and be dirty. Assuming it is a photo of Clark (which Moyne could have easily obtained), Moyne would have chosen the worst/most appalling one from his collection.
Understood but he is still going to look human No pointed ears, nose ridges, spots running down the neck, etc,

Originally posted by Female Hawk:
[b]Patrick You mentioned Nightfall quite a few parts ago. We'll see. wink
[/b]
Hey can't blame me for hoping...

Saving the entire planet is a good way to put paid to any subhuman ideas lingering in the background.

Plus if the timeline plays out as it did in canon we still have the visit by the New Kryptonians coming sometime down the line and they will be what everyone feared.....

Framework4
Merriwether
Merriwether
Plus if the timeline plays out as it did in canon we still have the visit by the New Kryptonians coming
Though that's the great thing about fanfic universes ... if Clark can be captured at 21 and Lois became a CIA agent instead of a reporter, who's to say that Nor wasn't thwarted in an early coup attempt and now Zara and Ching are happily running things on their rock. wink

Kathy

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn

Have you ever known anyone trying to get over having been sexually abused like you are implying?
Evelyn, I'm not sure if you asked that because you wanted an answer or because you were trying to make a point. Either way, here is probably not the place for such a discussion.

If you do want a reply, or you want to expand your point, feel free to PM me. smile

And I guess I don't understand why the addition anyway,
That's the difficult thing about giving FDK - you can only comment on what has happened or what you think might happen. Perhaps when (if?) you read on, you'll understand - although you still might not agree.

True Love

Phoebe doesn't really care about Moyne much,
That's true, but she probably still cares about her sister - Moyne's mother.

Patrick

Understood but he is still going to look human No pointed ears, nose ridges, spots running down the neck, etc,
Ah, I understand now.

Kathy Yep - the great thing about fanfic, you can tweak almost anything!

Thanks,

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael, Michael - haven't you *ever* been so engrossed in a story that the house could fall down around you and you wouldn't notice?
Sound, yeah. I routinely get a heart attack when somebody starts talking next to me while I'm concentrating on something. But smell, no, that's getting processed by another core. huh Oh well...

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard