#78345 04/10/11 06:38 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
What a wonderful wrap-up to the story. My favourite lines:

"I thought you enjoyed being my daddy the most."

Clark stopped in mid-air, looking at his son with a serious expression. "Being your daddy is like breathing, Lane. I wouldn't survive without you. We have a lot of time to make up for, but never doubt that you're the *best* thing I've ever done."
Awwww...

And, of course:
The piece ended: 'Lois Lane, will you marry me?'
And:
"Painting the game room?" came Clark's reply, an expression of complete innocence on his face.
LOL!

'Into tomorrow and beyond... in work and play... our home, my heart... I'll take you everywhere.'
I've never heard those vows before. Did you write them yourself? They're beautiful!

Joy,
Lynn

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very sweet wrap up. Enjoyed the whole thing and the happily ever after ending.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Indeed, this was a very sweet wrap-up. sloppy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Do you think I'll be able to fly like you?"

Clark stared at him. He'd theoretically known that was possible, yet he'd never given it much thought. Did he want Lane to fly? Part of him did, wanted him to experience the joy he had the first time he'd crossed the sky. But another part wanted nothing more than for Lane to be just a normal kid, then an even more normal adult. He kneeled in front of the boy and reached out to take his hand. "Maybe you will. We just don't know. But if you do, I'll be right here to help you."
A very interesting answer. It shows Clark's ambivalence over his own powers. Sure, they're great to have - but the responsibility and the secrecy that comes with them is a burden as well.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked this wrap up! It was a nice touch with the boys and Clark. Very good job. Thanks!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very special wrap up! Thank you so much for keeping at it as you could to finally finish it for us!
Smooth!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup thumbsup

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Aww... that was very sweet!

I liked the lines that Lynn and Iolanthe pointed out too!

Thanks for finishing this up!!

smile

Columnist
Columnist
Thanks to everyone who hung in there with me on this one. I know I dropped the ball, but I finally got it up.

I've never heard those vows before. Did you write them yourself? They're beautiful!
Yes, Lynn, I wrote them. And thank you for the compliment. When my husband and I renewed our vows several years ago, I wrote the entire ceremony! I'm told by my joker of a son, that I have my moments of brillance. clap

Again, thanks to everyone who kept reading and commenting. I know I don't reply nearly enough.

SQD

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice ending! I love that we got a glimpse into Lois and Clark's future at the end.

Very well done!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally am catching up!

Great story! You wrapped it up so well. There's a lot of steamy tension in this fic, which was a lot of fun smile

I especially enjoyed the closing lines:
'Into tomorrow and beyond... in work and play... our home, my heart... I'll take you everywhere.'}}}}

Those were some of the words he'd said to her that day. And those feelings- the way he'd felt that day- that was still what he felt today. The fire raged between them as strong as it always had. One touch could send him reeling. One kiss and he was lost. Just as Lois had done once, across space and back again, Clark had taken Lois everywhere
clap

Well done! Thanks for sharing this fic! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Blogger
Blogger
Wow. Just wow. I started reading this story tonight and I couldn't stop. This was truly a roller coaster ride. The whole time I felt both Lois and Clark's emotions. Very, very well done!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I, too, started reading tonight and couldn't stop. Enjoyed the different twists (i.e. making Patrick not evil), how Clark handled the conflicts from the show without Lois there to help him (illness, NK, etc.)

Lois claimed having a house full of boys was her penance for missing Clark so much over the years. Clark would laugh and tell her that God had broken the mold when he’d made her. There was no way another little Lois could occupy the same space.
I loved this paragraph. It described Lois and Clark to a T.

I wondered in the early chapters if they would go to their island after 5 years... I'm glad you didn't disappoint... even if it was a little longer than the 5 years.

When you first described the Bailey Ring, I thought they were talking about a completely different kind of ring. It would have been symbolic for them to use the Bailey rings for the wedding rings.... Ah, if they had gotten married instead of him leaving for New Krypton. But when he returned, journalism wasn't their life anymore.

I liked that you kept him wearing the engagement ring on a necklace around his neck while on New Krypton.

The whole battle over the blue liquid drink was fraught with tension. If I were Lois, I wouldn't want my kid drinking that stuff, either.

I liked your imagery of what New Krypton was like as well. I had pictured an astroid; you made it a real planet.

I found it interesting that you kept it Lois and Clark to the end. You didn't mention how Clark felt when he donned the blue suit or what it was like being Superman, again. I'd be curious what that scene would have been. Or did Superman never return from New Krypton, just Clark Kent? I'm sorry if I missed it, if you spelled it out.

Enjoyed your story. Hope to read more.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard