Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So there it is.

First of all, my thanks to IolantheAlias and HappyGirl for the very, very important contributions they made through the beta process.

Thanks to all of you that gave me feedback along the way. More than any story I’ve written before, the feedback helped in the direction and kept me moving forward.

And finally, as always, my thanks to my own soul mate, Beverly. Not only does she support and encourage me, she beta reads every chapter at least twice. (Once before I send them to other beta readers and a final time before posting. And I really do need all those beta cycles.)

As for the story, I don’t have any more in mind for this universe. Although I can practically guarantee that Sammy will poke his head up again somewhere. As for L and K, there’s a good chance that they will also appear again somewhere.

I hope everyone enjoyed the ride.
Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww nice ending to this story. Great job tying up all the lose ends and making the ending a happy one. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Ahh, that's a great last final chapter!

So Lex ordered Officer Smith's family to be killed? After Officer Smith had failed to kill Lois, that is. How horrible! But the policeman retaliated by killing Lex! Well, that was poetic justice.

And Sammy the Mouse was as good as his cheese! (Sorry about the horribly lousy - mousy? - cheesy? joke.) It was a good resolution to the A-plot, that's all I can say. And it was good that Mrs Cox had taken precautions, in case Lex would be brought down. But imagine, she was the one who ordered the Planet to be bombed, where Perry was killed... yes, Mrs Cox, you have a lot to confess to the public about yourself and your former Boss.

I love the three questions that Lois asked of Clark. How lovely that she was to one who got to ask the question! smile1 love

Thank you for this most enjoyable fic, Bob! Looking forward to more stories from you!

Ann

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very enjoyable end to a fine story, Bob. I liked your original characters, but your use of Henderson was particularly good. I also thought the pacing for Lois and Clark's relationship was nicely done. Clark's revelation, followed by an introspective and repentant Lois, followed by a period of time where they learned to trust each other again was very realistic and in-character.

Sammy came through for Lois with the tips and evidence. I'm glad we might be seeing him again. And your hints about L & K ... well, let's just say that I have a soft spot for "Soul Mate" stories. twins

Ann said:
So Lex ordered Officer Smith's family to be killed? After Officer Smith had failed to kill Lois, that is. How horrible! But the policeman retaliated by killing Lex! Well, that was poetic justice.
I think you've got it backwards, Ann. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Lex had ordered Lois "untouchable", meaning that she was under the Boss's protection. The fact that Officer Smith shot Lois (while aiming for the Superman shooter) was the grounds for Lex's planned retribution on Smith's family.

I hope to see more from you soon, Bob.
BJ

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Wow ... that was a great final chapter and you tied the story really well together! clap clap clap clap

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story and loved that Lois asked *the* question at the end!

BJ said:

I think you've got it backwards, Ann. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that Lex had ordered Lois "untouchable", meaning that she was under the Boss's protection. The fact that Officer Smith shot Lois (while aiming for the Superman shooter) was the grounds for Lex's planned retribution on Smith's family.
Yes, Lex did want Lois unharmed and was not very pleased that the officer 'accidentally' shot and wounded Lois.

Bob, I am also looking forward to more stories from you and I am also looking forward to more of the L and K parts that you hinted at - clearly, I am also a sucker for soulmate stories.

smile

Columnist
Columnist
Fantastic story, Bob! smile1 I read a bit at work yesterday (slow day), and finished up late last night. I couldn't stop!

I thought you did a great job at staying in character and having Lois and Clark slowly get back to each other. I have a killer soft spot for waff, but I liked that you didn't use much. They needed to take some time to learn to trust each other and get to know each other again. I've been reading so much fic lately (and a lot of waffy stories, in particular) and this was a nice break from that. This story felt realistic and paced.

The same also goes for your other characters. Lex and Henderson felt very true to character. Your A-plot was well thought out and I was riveted the entire time, waiting to see what would happen next. thumbsup

One question though, Perry didn't die in the blast, correct? Wasn't he on vacation? Or am I mixing up stories in my head?

I really can't say enough good things about this. I've been on a huge fanfic kick lately and I've been working my way through the archives. It's so awesome to know that there are still great stories being written so long after the showed aired. I hope it never dies down!!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I hate to see this story end. You've done a great job with it. Leave it to Mrs. Cox to be prepared to double cross Luther.

Joan

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I ditto so many things already said. Great story! I really enjoyed it and also hope to read more from you in the future. Way to go! clap

And thanks for healing Clark all the way! And Lex didn't get his way in anything. dance

EvelynC
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Bravo!

I read all 14 parts today, and between that and fighting an illness, I'm somewhat bleary-eyed at the moment, so I'll make this short. In fact, I'll let the graemlins do the talking for me:

thumbsup clap clap

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Before Lois could do anything else, Chris was at the door motioning them all to come in. “Ms. Lane, Mr. Kent, please don’t touch anything without getting clearance from either me or Inspector Henderson.” Then she disappeared back into the room.
You know, they could have special Lois-gloves. Basically, an adaption from the oven-mitt and duct-tape combos used in sitcoms to prevent somebody from scratching himself.

Very nice wrap-up. You even included a blow.

After a few seconds, the door opened just a crack. Peeking around the edge, Lois said, “Hi.”
What have they planned. And is Lois going to ask Clark to marry her?
Now he recognized this scene. “Should I come back as Superman?”

Her smile got ever wider. “No, silly. Why would I be waiting for Superman when I can do so much better?”
Role play?

“You sound surprised. Don’t you think I can cook?” Lois asked.

Clark realized that he’d strayed into dangerous territory. “I, um…”
Now that's what you call a trick question.

“Not quite,” Lois answered. “I have one more.” He swore he could hear some of the nervousness from earlier in the evening. “Clark, will you marry me?”
clap
I believe I already mentioned the bow clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If you do write more in this AU I see a couple of hooks already. What happened to Nigel and Asabi. Who tipped off Ofc. Smith.

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, from the question and comments I have already seen some tweaks that I need to add before this goes to archive. The most glaring is Parry. He would have gotten back from vacation and we need to know what he's doing. After all, he may be trying to find a way to get the Daily Planet out of limbo. I need to give that some thought.

Laura:
Great job tying up all the lose ends and making the ending a happy one.
Thank you. To be honest, I'm not sure I'll ever write a broken or sad ending. I actually have a shelf-full of those. I think some of them are pretty good, but I haven't written any of them and I probably won't. That just isn't who I am.

Ann:
Not exactly. BJ and DW have it below. Smith dared to hurt Lois. For that his family was going to pay with their lives.

One thing I'll speak to here. I've never cared for the Lex "I won't live in a cage so he kills himself" death. I don't like Lex, but I see him as a fighter. I think the only way Lex would ever die was for someone to take him out.
I love the three questions that Lois asked of Clark. How lovely that she was to one who got to ask the question!
I always see Lois as the more forceful member of this team. Remember that even in the series, it was when SHE proposed that they got engaged.

BJ:
I liked your original characters, but your use of Henderson was particularly good. I also thought the pacing for Lois and Clark's relationship was nicely done. Clark's revelation, followed by an introspective and repentant Lois, followed by a period of time where they learned to trust each other again was very realistic and in-character.
Wow. I mean WOW! Thank you. You are too kind.

As for my ideas and plans for L & K, take a look at the feedback to part 13. I just added a full L/K primer there in response to a comment from Michael.
L & K Primer

DW: Thanks.
loved that Lois asked *the* question at the end!
That was the easy question. Clark had to navigate the "Why didn't you tell me about Lex?" question first. I've always been disappointed that they never went back and talked about that in the show. I think it would have been a great dramatic moment.

Kristen
I have a killer soft spot for waff, but I liked that you didn't use much. They needed to take some time to learn to trust each other and get to know each other again. I've been reading so much fic lately (and a lot of waffy stories, in particular) and this was a nice break from that.
Thank you! rotflol
And is Lois going to ask Clark to marry her?
I guess THAT was pretty obvious. At least to us. smile I’m glad you enjoyed the ending.

dcarson
If you do write more in this AU I see a couple of hooks already.
Actually, just today I realized that there might have to be at least a small short sequel to address one thing I left out. I think it was a big deal, but it wasn’t strictly necessary to the master story arc. When I do get around to working on that, I’ll keep your points in mind.

Thank you all so much. This has been something of a “welcome back to writing” for me. I hope I can find more ideas that prove entertaining in the future.

Bob

SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Bob,

Just to say thank you for a lovely story and a beautiful "and they all lived happily ever after" ending, well, as far as fan fic goes!

Looking forward to more.

Regards,

SNL

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, SNL.

I am SUCH a sap for happy endings. I think I've only done one thing ever with a semi-high-stress ending (100 Meters) and I found that I couldn't leave it alone and ended up happifying the ending in the sequel.

That is pretty much the one guaranteed constant in my stories, I NEVER leave the LnC relationship broken. If I ever do, there will be a HUGE wham warning right up front.

Thanks again for the note. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard