Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was a great story!

I loved their characterization, and I think this was a nicer way for Lois to learn Clark wasn't a pushover than when he sent her to the sewage reclamation plant. It actually seems even more in character for Clark, who is a nice guy. I enjoyed Lois's irritation, and maybe a hint of confusion, when Clark didn't turn around and insult her in return.

I think this Lois is going to quickly discover hating Clark is impossible, but the frustration with that could possibly make her take much longer to realize Clark is Superman.

Or else Clark could be in trouble, because Lois is pretty determined to discover their connection. One thing that saved Superman's identity for so long is that Lois never suspected anything was up.

I really want to know what might happen next...

That being said, excellent job! This stands very well by itself.

Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. ~Robert Benchley
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
AntiK

Interesting questions ...

Will Lois really accept him running off on her?
Not for long, I would have thought.

How much harder will Clark have to work to make her see him instead of the superhero when she's already so clearly outlined in her mind every reason he's not on a level with Superman?
Unless she starts wondering what Superman sees in Clark.

Elizabeth This was my first attempt at first person. I discovered that the other character is the challenge - but also that you can have some fun with him!

Laura
I wish there was more,
Thank you. I have my next three stories planned (although there are no guarantees that I will follow the plan when the time comes wink ) but I won't totally discount ever coming back to this universe.

Evelyn Yeah, it was hardly fair that everyone reading knew something she didn't laugh

Joan I'm glad Lois's voice rang true. That was important in this fic.

DW Can I reply with 'what I've already said'? wink wink . Thanks for the FDK!

Michael

But why he would actually get Superman to deliver, I don't know.
I was thinking about canon Clark's line about Lois wanting to be on top after she'd told him she was top banana. I always took that as the first sign that he had a sense of humour, and he wasn't going to be a pushover. Same thing here - Clark has taken a lot of from Lois; this was his little victory.

I think it's about 65K, Michael!

Amber

This Lois is tons of fun, and this Clark is not an idiot.
You know, that's a good description of the stories I like to read!

Kathy I love your comments about Clark. I see him the same way. He refused to challenge Lois openly, but still found ways to show he had a backbone.

Emily

A prologue love

Bob I simply *cannot* imagine a story like that coming from your hand. I just can't eek

Classicalla Lois hadn't bothered to read any of Clark's stories until now - hence the shock!

Vive
I think this Lois is going to quickly discover hating Clark is impossible
I agree. Which could be fun.

Many thanks to everyone for such lovely FDK.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I know I probably didn't get this across at all, but at the end, I was thinking there were possibly other reasons why Lois wanted to partner Clark, but getting his source was the only one she was willing to admit to.
That was part of why I thought there looked to be no hope. At the end we're seeing Lois's thoughts from inside her head. There don't seem to be any thoughts that hint at a potential for a softening of her attitude.

It also doesn't help that it turns out I was coming down sick the night I wrote that feedback. I was feeling down and didn't know why so I took it out on Lois.

As for this:
I simply *cannot* imagine a story like that coming from your hand. I just can't
You're right. I'll never take the time to write a story like that. I have some ideas for some horribly negative stories, (Don't we all?) but I can't imagine spending the time to write one. That isn't what I want to do.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard