Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77492 02/23/11 06:13 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
devil /insert scary music here/ devil

So Lex has revealed his true colors, as we all knew he would.

Comments most welcome! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh oooh!!! I just want to whack Lois upside the head sometimes. She doesn't tell Clark her big secret but is so mad at him and doesn't give him an inch for not telling his yet, even though he did assure her that he would; and of course she has no plans to tell him about hers. Argh!! But that's our Lois-- holding Clark to a higher standard than herself, and then it getting her in trouble for being so impulsive. help

EvelynC
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, the plot thickens. It'll be interesting to see where this comes out. It's intriguing to see the way you weave in similarities and differences with the Pilot that we all know.

Lois is definitely not behaving as brilliantly as I know she can, and I'm almost tempted to say she deserves to be kidnapped for doing something so dangerous, but I don't think Clark deserves to get in as much trouble as I know he's going to in order to rescue her.

And, man, why does Lex always have to get Kryptonite!? I hate that stuff, and it was so terrifying to realize that Luthor was wearing it on his cuffs!

I love the paragraph about Clark thinking about the future being all we can change and how he's had to learn the lesson of forgiveness. That was a really profound thought, and he'll definitely need that ability when (hint, hint) he becomes Superman.

Looking forward to what comes next.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. I do hope your Clark is smart enough to use his heat vision on Lex's cuff links. Make them hot enough for Lex to discard anyways. : )

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
It is LnC canon that Lois is easily fooled and taken in by Luthor. I don't like it, but there you have it. It is canon, as I said.

However, you'd think this Lois would be a little more careful and wary. After all, she has just spent two horrible years in the Congo, because she was captured and forced to be an assassin. You'd think that, after those unspeakable two years, Lois would be more wary of potentially incredibly dangerous situations. Clark has warned her that Lex Luthor might be the Boss, and the Boss may be the one who was responsible for her capture and her enforced "assassin-hood" in the Congo. And Lois sure owes Clark big time, because he was the one who saved her from the Congo. You'd think that she might be willing to at least consider his warning, and you'd think that she would at least get herself some backup if she insists on meeting Luthor. She could at least have the police waiting discreetly outside.

But no, Lois had to take on Lex Luthor on her own. I'm sure she will be made to grovel. But I prefer a Lois who is a bit smarter over one who is being made to grovel because of her stupidity.

Hopefully Lois gets to do something smart before this fic is over.

Ann

S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Great to read a new chapter. I can see Lois wanting to go straight to Lex to determine if he was the Boss. It will be exciting to see how Clark can save her - given Lex' new cufflinks.

How did Lex figure out Linda was Lois? Information from underground contacts? At that point, I don't think he would've been acquainted with Lois before she'd left.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I'll second Ann's comments. Lois' experience in the jungle certainly didn't affect her impetuous nature - always jumping in without checking the water level first.

I wonder how Clark is going to rescue her, though I am sure his secret will somehow be revealed.

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
shock shock
Lex is putting Lois onto the shuttle at the last minute. Now, why do I suddenly have a flashback of the pilot.

Michael, who wonders how differently this will play out.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
EvelynC
I just want to whack Lois upside the head sometimes.
I know -- and I've written Lois to be particularly stubborn. Call it a misguided sense of 'I made a big mess of things and I think I'll make it worse'...

AntiKryptonite
It's intriguing to see the way you weave in similarities and differences with the Pilot that we all know.
Thanks! I hope I'm doing it in a unique way -- let me know if you like where I take it in the next part! wink

I love the paragraph about Clark thinking about the future being all we can change and how he's had to learn the lesson of forgiveness.
Thanks-- this paragraph was really at the heart of the matter, and why I chose Alt-Clark for this story. He's had to face a bit more than canon Clark, with losing his parents, so I thought he could relate to Lois' experience in the Congo better.

Framework4
I do hope your Clark is smart enough to use his heat vision on Lex's cuff links. Make them hot enough for Lex to discard anyways. : )
That's not the angle I took, but it's a good idea! Any reference to Clark actually melting (or at least overheating) K with his heat vision? I don't think I've ever thought of this as a possibility...

TOC
Hopefully Lois gets to do something smart before this fic is over.
I know this Lois is a little frustrating, but as I said in the last FDK, she's acting on a misguided sense of thinking she deserves what she gets, thus purposely putting herself in harm's way.

scifiJoan
How did Lex figure out Linda was Lois? Information from underground contacts? At that point, I don't think he would've been acquainted with Lois before she'd left.
Lex has spies everywhere. And, reminder from this part:
Lex hadn’t realized how beautiful she was when his men had found her and recruited her two years ago. He had only received reports on her progress, that she was a good if reluctant shooter. And he had on occasion seen pictures of her,
He wasn't acquainted with her before she left, but he learned about her while she was in the Congo. The assumption is his men reported they had a capable DP reporter and so they kidnapped her and made her an assassin. He knew what she looked like from that and then, Lex being the thorough guy that he is, probably saw the photo Clark had of her at the beginning. smile

DW
I wonder how Clark is going to rescue her, though I am sure his secret will somehow be revealed.
Maybe... maybe not. wink Or perhaps something in between...

Darth Michael
why do I suddenly have a flashback of the pilot.
For a good reason. wink Next part will be posted momentarily and you'll find out!

Thanks so much for the FDK everyone!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I can hear the scary music. Lex has K. No! No! Poor alt-Clark! I'm with AntiK here, that stuff should be banned.

Yes, I agree with everyone else Lois especially stubborn and stupid with Lex, but after what she believes Clark did to her, I can see her wanting to give him a bit of payback. Don't like that she believes that the Blur will get her out of any mess she get herself into though. That's the way to tempt fate, Lois,

I'm hoping that Clark will be able to save her (and the spaceship) once Lex is far away with the K. Need to read more.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard