It is LnC canon that Lois is easily fooled and taken in by Luthor. I don't like it, but there you have it. It is canon, as I said.

However, you'd think this Lois would be a little more careful and wary. After all, she has just spent two horrible years in the Congo, because she was captured and forced to be an assassin. You'd think that, after those unspeakable two years, Lois would be more wary of potentially incredibly dangerous situations. Clark has warned her that Lex Luthor might be the Boss, and the Boss may be the one who was responsible for her capture and her enforced "assassin-hood" in the Congo. And Lois sure owes Clark big time, because he was the one who saved her from the Congo. You'd think that she might be willing to at least consider his warning, and you'd think that she would at least get herself some backup if she insists on meeting Luthor. She could at least have the police waiting discreetly outside.

But no, Lois had to take on Lex Luthor on her own. I'm sure she will be made to grovel. But I prefer a Lois who is a bit smarter over one who is being made to grovel because of her stupidity.

Hopefully Lois gets to do something smart before this fic is over.

Ann