Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks to everyone who left their feedback on the first part--very encouraging! Here's the second part; sorry that it's a bit shorter. Hope you enjoy--and be sure to let me know, thanks.

Blogger
Blogger
Keep writing...You have a talent for it. I look forward to the next part!

Kyla
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Part one was good, but part two is *fantastic*!

I love Jonathan's quiet wisdom and the obvious love between father and son.

And the line about Jonathan's being glad he was already married made me chuckle.

Excellent! clap

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is such a wonderful story! hyper

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
At least Martha had already married him so he didn't have to be out plowing the powdery stuff, he thought with an inward grin.
Aw, nice reference to their history together. thumbsup

Loved seeing Jonathan instilling some of that confidence and gentleness that we so love in the adult Clark.

I just want to be like everyone else, but if anyone knew what I could do, I don't think they'd see Clark when they look at me. And I want to be Clark.
Aww... hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What a beautiful chapter. I love the Fortress of Solitude treehouse. Jonathon's response to Clark's concerns about being different was very touching.

Joan

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This was a really great chapter! clap

laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am having so much fun reading this touching story between a Father and son. We see where Clark acquired his gentle grace.

Keep writing!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks again for your wonderful compliments. I've always loved Clark's relationship with his parents, and I tried my best to be true to it. I was a bit worried about seeing through the view of a secondary character, so thanks for the feedback!

I'm glad the flashback worked well--everyone has their own ideas about how Clark's powers developed, and I hope I didn't contradict anything canon!

I, too, love tidbits drawn from the show and their past, anything to keep it more 'realistic.'

And I certainly intend to keep writing--thanks everyone!

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi AntiKryptonite,

Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
I hope I didn't contradict anything canon!
I know some fandoms are very rigid in their adherence to canon; but the FoLCs here definitely are not. Some of the best stories deviate tremendously from canon. That's what alternate universes are for. laugh

So if you have what you think is a good story idea, don't let a little thing like canon keep you from writing it up. wink

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I do try to keep with the show because I love it so much, but I understand that sometimes it's funner to be inventive. Thanks for the advice--I'll keep it in mind. smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard