Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AntiKryptonite FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/17/11 04:06 PM
Thanks to everyone who left their feedback on the first part--very encouraging! Here's the second part; sorry that it's a bit shorter. Hope you enjoy--and be sure to let me know, thanks.
Posted By: Kyla Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/17/11 04:46 PM
Keep writing...You have a talent for it. I look forward to the next part!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/17/11 04:51 PM
Part one was good, but part two is *fantastic*!

I love Jonathan's quiet wisdom and the obvious love between father and son.

And the line about Jonathan's being glad he was already married made me chuckle.

Excellent! clap

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/17/11 11:36 PM
This is such a wonderful story! hyper
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/18/11 05:53 AM
At least Martha had already married him so he didn't have to be out plowing the powdery stuff, he thought with an inward grin.
Aw, nice reference to their history together. thumbsup

Loved seeing Jonathan instilling some of that confidence and gentleness that we so love in the adult Clark.

I just want to be like everyone else, but if anyone knew what I could do, I don't think they'd see Clark when they look at me. And I want to be Clark.
Aww... hyper
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/18/11 07:00 AM
What a beautiful chapter. I love the Fortress of Solitude treehouse. Jonathon's response to Clark's concerns about being different was very touching.

Joan
Posted By: DW Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/19/11 02:30 AM
This was a really great chapter! clap

laugh
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/20/11 09:19 AM
I am having so much fun reading this touching story between a Father and son. We see where Clark acquired his gentle grace.

Keep writing!!!
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/23/11 07:51 PM
Thanks again for your wonderful compliments. I've always loved Clark's relationship with his parents, and I tried my best to be true to it. I was a bit worried about seeing through the view of a secondary character, so thanks for the feedback!

I'm glad the flashback worked well--everyone has their own ideas about how Clark's powers developed, and I hope I didn't contradict anything canon!

I, too, love tidbits drawn from the show and their past, anything to keep it more 'realistic.'

And I certainly intend to keep writing--thanks everyone!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/23/11 08:02 PM
Hi AntiKryptonite,

Originally posted by AntiKryptonite:
I hope I didn't contradict anything canon!
I know some fandoms are very rigid in their adherence to canon; but the FoLCs here definitely are not. Some of the best stories deviate tremendously from canon. That's what alternate universes are for. laugh

So if you have what you think is a good story idea, don't let a little thing like canon keep you from writing it up. wink

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: AntiKryptonite Re: FDK: A Father's Kryptonite 2/5 - 01/23/11 08:33 PM
I do try to keep with the show because I love it so much, but I understand that sometimes it's funner to be inventive. Thanks for the advice--I'll keep it in mind. smile
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards