Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
~~ Wednesday ~~

Lois got out of the rental car and looked along the sprawling main street of Smallville. A few people were dotted on the sidewalk, but it felt decidedly sedate after the bustle of Metropolis. Twenty yards to her left was a cafe.

She bent low to glance in the side mirror and adjusted her spiky blonde wig. It made her appear younger ... maybe not younger, but definitely like someone desperately trying to look younger.

Younger - she'd discovered - worked well. If you were female *and* young, the general perception was that your head was filled with little more than fashion and the love lives of celebrities.

Which usually worked to her advantage.

Lois sauntered along the sidewalk and into the cafe. It looked like it was still hopelessly stuck in the sixties. She gazed around her, wide-eyed.

"What can I do for you, love?"
This is for you, Vicki! I'm going on a bike-ride/picnic with my husband and son but found the time to post the next part before leaving - because you asked so nicely!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww... hyper I cannot wait to see Lois's reaction when she sees him clean-shaven. Be still my beating heart. You simply *cannot* expose Clark to kryptonite and take away his powers! please, let the man shave. laugh

very touching as he explained how much it means to him, too.

I love that Lois has come to terms with the fact that she is head over heels.

I, like others, at first thought Lois would have Clark hide. Her plan was so much better as it afforded him dignity which forcing him to hide would have taken away.

the bit with the coffee just reminded me of all the times on the show when they go undercover, and how well they work together and follow each other's lead.

the scene where they were on the floor talking through the door was adorable. no pun intended.

again, a wonderful chapter. I liked it very much.

I hope you had a lovely time on your picnic!

Thanks again for posting so soon. I love this story!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I get so dang excited to see a new chapter - it's embarrassing really.

As usual. this chapter did not disappoint! LOVED how easily Clark is able to use his abilities in front of Lois and how accepting she is.

Cannot wait until Lois gets a look at what Clark looks like under the beard!! Whoa boy!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Laura does a little happy dance! hyper jump party hail

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh so wonderful!!! dance

EvelynC
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yeah! clap

I looking forward to discover what Lois finds out in Smallville - surely the Kents will be there, mourning the loss of their son, but otherwise ok.

smile

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm on the "shave Clark" bandwagon as well. rotflol
I can't wait to see Lois's reaction when she finds out he isn't "old enough to be her father" hotness. Loving the story. I'm also on the OCD bandwagon for checking updates. Ha! Hoping the trip to Smallville goes alright. I'm nervous....

I heart Clark Kent.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois smiled, remembering his self-conscious reaction when their fingers had collided over a jigsaw piece. His progress was remarkable. She had to keep reminding herself that there *had* to be damage. Alien ... human ... it didn't matter. *No one* could suffer what he had suffered and not be terribly wounded.
On the other hand, she could simply offer and see where it leads goofy

Linda would show her a way through the minefield of falling in love with an alien from another planet who had been horrifically imprisoned for seven years and was probably almost old enough to be her father.
/goes and hands Lois a pair of laser cutters/

And ... if she caught herself dwelling too long on the ripped muscles of his forearms or the curves of his calves or the breadth of his back ... well ...

Lois chuckled.

She was sure of what Linda would have said.

You're a woman, Lane; he's a man. Everything else is an unnecessary complication.
goofy

"Neither can I," she replied.
And me, too! hyper grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
And here I am waiting for the moment when you throw in a major complication. And hoping that I'm wrong and you're just going to let us enjoy Lois and Clark falling in love and learning to trust each other and finding a way to be together, outside, in the open, free...

Because this, despite a rough start, has become such a nice ride. It isn't AR, but right now, it really isn't all that far from it. They just have to deal with a 'slightly' more difficult setting.

There was something invigorating about Clark Kent with a ready smile and a light-heartedness in his voice that just intensified its sexi-

Lois stopped mid-step, her hand half-reaching towards Clark for the racquets.

He smiled at her, but this one held a tinge of concern. "You OK?" he asked in that voice that was *definitely* sexy.
If it's sexy, it's sexy. laugh

Say it, Lane.

Linda's voice elbowed its way into Lois's mind.

Say it, you big wuss. Admit that you're hopelessly smitten.
Come on, Lane. There's no denying the obvious. You've fallen for good 'old' CK, despite his beard, despite his hair and despite his 'old' age :p

She wanted to be with Clark.

Simple.

And there were enough impending problems without her adding a few extra by complicating something that - on the inside - should be simple.

If she wasn't already in love with him, she was within one smile or one lingering gaze from those luscious brown eyes of being totally enamoured.

There you go, Lane. How easy was that?

Lois chuckled. "Shut up, King," she muttered. "Who asked you?"
Loved it laugh . I couldn't help my laughter. It sure seems we would have liked this Linda King.

So, Lois, now that you have faced the facts, what are you going to do about them?

Patience.

There was that word again.

She had to be his friend first.

He had to trust her.
Just a suggestion, Corrina, but I've thinking... Lois needs to know where Clark stands and... well, wouldn't that be waaaay easier if Clark were to, let's say, hug her? Kiss her? laugh

Anyway, I just won't tire of telling you how much I'm enjoying this. The only thing that I would like more would be... more wink

Cris
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Away from computer access so "phoning in" my feedback. laugh Wanted to respond just in case you updated again tonight (hint, hint). Loved this part. Peering through the doggy door at one another was too cute. Lois admitting to herself she loves him - priceless! So looking forward to the hot date post-shave & haircut; really hope nothing happens to prevent it. Can't wait to see what's in store in smallville. Love this story more with each update.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I returned home from a week away late last night, and was beyond excited to see three chapters waiting for me. It was all I could do to wait till I had time this evening to sit down and read all three at once.

I considered posting feedback on each chapter and bringing them to the top, but as I read the threads, I realized I'd mainly be saying "What she said!" and "What he said!" so I'll just summarize the whole thing by saying this: smile1 smile1 smile1

Delightful set of scenes. Like everyone else, I loved how much progress Lois is making both in acknowledging her feelings for Clark (yay!) and in making plans for his eventual freedom. And I LOVE how well they are working together, and especially her commitment to being honest with him.

The scene with Scardino was fabulous, too. The line that had the most impact for me was her response to why she gave Clark clothing. I'm not sure how much of that was planned ahead of time vs Lois improvising on the spot, but it was brilliant. Not only did it make perfect sense, but how could anyone -- even Menzies -- argue with it? Well done, you!

Of course, reading three chapters in one day only makes me desperate for more. Two days since the last post ... dare I hope chapter 15 will be posted soon? hail

Kathy

Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm back home from Christmas, though I've been keeping up with this story on my travels... I really love where this story is heading, and like everyone else, I'm wondering if there is a curve ball coming. I'm hoping that Clark at least gets a shave and a haircut and L&C get that romantic dinner. wink But what about Smallville? I keep feeling like something is lurking just around the corner that is going to throw a wrench in the works... These characters in this context is so fascinating to read, though. And you write so well, Corrina! Even though we keep begging for when the next part will be posted, I also have a feeling that we won't want to see the story end, either (but I think that is still quite a ways off yet, thank goodness!) wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oops, double post, not sure what I hit or how I managed to do that 12+ hours apart blush

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Vicki Your request for the next part worked well for everyone, Vicki. When I got home, my hard drive had died, so if I hadn't posted when I did, it would have been at least another 24 hours.

Bellarase It's always nice to hear that the chapter didn't disappoint. smile

Laura smile1

Evelyn

Their love for each other is so protective of the other, so warm and caring, what they both need so much!
Love is always special, but there's something extra when it grows out of adversity.

DW Uhhmm. No. No. laugh

Jen The shave bandwagon seems to be getting quite full!

Michael

True. It could get lodged and pull a cogwheel free or bend a shaft or some other mishap.
Oooh - that wouldn't be fun to untangle!

Cristina

Because this, despite a rough start, has become such a nice ride.
I'm so pleased you said that. smile

You've fallen for good 'old' CK, despite his beard, despite his hair and despite his 'old' age
For me, this was important. We emphasise Clark's look a lot (I wonder why that is confused ), but I enjoyed taking his looks out of the equation. And even without them, Lois *still* fell in love with him.

Just a suggestion, Corrina, but I've thinking... Lois needs to know where Clark stands and... well, wouldn't that be waaaay easier if Clark were to, let's say, hug her? Kiss her?
Well, the direct answer is that this Clark lacks a lot of self-confidence, and it's unlikely that he is going to initiate anything.

The 'tease' answer is ... Good point. I'll speak to him about it laugh

Emily It seems most want a shave, a hair-cut and a date. wink

Kathy

I'm not sure how much of that was planned ahead of time vs Lois improvising on the spot,
I usually don't give too much detail about what she is planning because it ends up repetitive. However, I think either of the scenarios you suggested would fit with Lois's character.

MozartMaid

I'm wondering if there is a curve ball coming. I'm hoping that Clark at least gets a shave and a haircut and L&C get that romantic dinner.
So, if I give you the shave and the hair-cut and the date, you'll allow me the curve ball? wink

Thanks for the lovely FDK, everyone. I have finished part 24, and part 25 is written but rough.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard