Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Well, I have to say that I'm just loving Saucy Clark! I like how he teases Lois
Clark grinned, unable to resist such an obvious straight line. “Why, Lois, I never knew you cared! Should I strip first, or would you prefer to undress me yourself?”
Way to go, Big Guy!

Also loved Lois's observation that you pretty much can't go anywhere in Clark's apartment without going through the bedroom. When is she going to realize that it's simply unavoidable <g>!

Great stuff, Wendy. Loved the banter and Lois's appraisal of Clark's wardrobe. Can't wait to see what she picks out for him. Although, I'm thinking her idea of him in an apron might be just the ticket.
thumbsup
Looking forward to Part 3.

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oooohhhh, this is gettin' good! Wendy you have such a way with situations that no matter how cliche, overused, or otherwise a situation may be you can always find an angle that hasn't been explored yet. Not that this is like any of the above, because this is definitely a new premise.

LOOK AT THE BED LOIS!!!

I loved Clark teasing her throughout this story; comic relief ensued, much hilarity.

Waiting about five minutes for the next part; none of this "three-days" crap!

-Jo huh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute Wendy. So how come she didn't comment on what he was wearing at the moment? Poor Clark is in for it with Lois power shopping for him<g> Hope he can afford it. Looking forward to more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
This is great Wendy
can't wait for more
merry

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois is just too much. smile I love the way she barges in in non-stop talk mode.

Can't wait for the shopping trip!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

A fantastic part! smile1

Tricia cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark leaned back in his chair, thinking over Lois’s offer. Now, that could definitely be interesting, he thought. For a start, it would require her to spend quite a bit of time alone with him, probably over a period of a couple of weeks. And second, it would give him an opportunity to find out what she liked in a man’s appearance - which could be a very useful piece of information.
You are quite right, Clark: take the opportunity when it comes!

Now, I hope there is a sale in Metropolis...And maybe you could offer Lois a dinner in order to show how grateful you are.

Gabriele
Kerth
Kerth
yay!! smile1

JOse hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A secretary? Maybe... that way, Clark would be almost certain to have a girlfriend who would look up to him and admire him. He'd be the more intelligent and higher-earning partner in the relationship. He’d like that, she thought. Men preferred women who weren’t a threat to them in any way, in her experience. Someone who’d look up to them and think that they were wonderful...

Although it wasn’t really fair to suggest that Clark liked anything approaching hero-worship, Lois conceded. He did seem to be a pretty down-to-earth, friendly guy. And, apart from that one time when they were undercover, when he really had acted like a macho sexist, she hadn’t seen any signs that Clark Kent regarded women as in any way inferior. He treated everyone he encountered, male or female, with respect.
This is very insightful: Lois always begins to think what "men" do. After that, she usually admits that Clark isn't like "men".

Thinking about what kind of woman Clark is attracted to, Lois is near solving what kind of man Clark is: strong enough not to experience a strong woman like Lois as a threat.

Gabriele
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very fun and interesting story so far, Wendy. I'm already smiling when I picture them going shopping together. So I'm looking forward to more. Maybe Lois can learn some things in shopping from Clark as well. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Columnist
Columnist
ARGH! I tried to post a reply a while ago, but my computer froze and ate it. frown

To get back to feedback, if I'm going to lay blame on Annie for preventing me from getting my paperwork squared away, then I guess you should share the blame, Wendy. (As if it's a hardship not to work on my dreaded paperwork!)

This is excellent. Lots of fun, well-written, (of course) and with lots of potential for interesting twists and turns.

I'm looking forward to a lot more.

Irene
who knows she owes you an email, and will write soon, but to make a long story short, has had no major changes in her life....

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, things are beginning to progress, but I don't see a lot of potential for serious whams yet.

I think your Clark is a little too in control of the situation. We all know what a clueless dolt Clark really is... don't we?

Well, maybe the next instalment will give us all what we want... a haircut for Lois wink

Tank (who is trying to find the wham potential in this story and is having trouble)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, Wendy, you worked a miracle. <g> When I first saw Lois's "bedside manner" when approaching Clark, I had some concerns ... in short, I thought that, if I were Clark, I'd have told Lois to take a flying leap after she was so rude about his wardrobe. <g>

However, you actually managed to convince me -- little ole' TDASC me <g> -- that Clark was holding his own. It was this paragraph that did it:

On the other hand, she did have a point. He did sometimes feel out of place in his shabby old suits and mismatched jackets and trousers. And, while being at the cutting-edge of fashion didn’t interest him in the least, he’d occasionally thought that he really should smarten up his act. Some time soon. Once he had time to do some decent shopping - once he figured out what sort of thing he should be buying and how not to bankrupt himself in doing so.
Nicely done. smile All in a few lines, you told me that even though Lois was incredibly rude, Clark gets something out of the deal besides being her doormat. wink The fact that he sees the same problems that she does and has been self-conscious about it and wishing he knew someone who could help him definitely satisfied me. (And when he asked her opinion on his casual stuff in the next scene, that sold me even more. smile )

“I’ve seen what you have,” she’d said dismissively. “We need to go shopping, Clark. And you might want to consider getting your credit limit raised.”
Ouch on the credit limit! LOL. Poor Clark's wallet will never be the same.

The T-shirt he’d chosen was pretty clingy in all the right places, and he’d selected that while remembering the way Lois had looked at his chest that day he’d opened the door to her while only wearing a towel.
Now this is my kind of Clark. <g> I don't necessarily agree with his comment in the earlier section about him not caring about how he looks, but this line definitely fits how I see him. Oh yeah, he knows *exactly* how good looking he is, and just like Lois with Winninger, he's not above playing that card ... at least, as long as it's with one person in particular. wink

Clark grinned, unable to resist such an obvious straight line. “Why, Lois, I never knew you cared! Should I strip first, or would you prefer to undress me yourself?”
LOL, now there's an early S1 Clark! Mr. "You like to be on top" himself. wink

Looking forward to part 3,

Kathy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy.... another terrific part to another terrific story!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy,

I really like your Clark here. Not clueless and not mowed over by Lois.

Also, enjoy how Lois is forever trying to pigeon-hole him, get him to fit into her ideas of what men are, and how she struggles to do this.

Can't wait to see where you take us,

CC

Oh, and really like the little changes you made to Jonathan Kent in part 1. Very nice.

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“I’ve never been one for image, Lois. What you see is what you get.”
Clark Jerome Kent, that has got to be one of the most blatant, hypocritical lies you have ever told in your life! Where's Martha with a thumb and forefinger when you need her? goofy

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another great section, Wendy. Witty and fast-paced, and with a Clark who promises to be fun to dress (and undress wink ). So he likes to try and impress Lois, hmm? That tight t-shirt was a great choice; now we'll see if Lois can survive the sight of him in all sorts of smart clothes that she picks for him. goofy

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL! I'm looking forward to the shopping spree. laugh

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm really pleased that you all seem to be enjoying the banter so much. That's made my day! laugh

I see several of you have questions, but I'm going to stick to my resolve and not answer any of them, on the grounds that it might incriminate me. wink So, as usual, you'll have to read on in order to find out.

Hazel, re. Clark's 'never been one for image' line, I suspect that he may believe it to be true, even if we think he's wrong. Sure, he wants Lois to notice him, but (at least at this point in the series) he hasn't been prepared to play games or compete with the likes of Lex Luthor when it comes to appearance. On the other hand, he's not stupid, so if wearing a particular T-shirt could have a certain impact, he'll happily do it. wink

Oh, just one other thing - Tank, I think that for once you might actually get a haircut in this story! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard