Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is terrific, just what we expected from you. goofy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aww, Annie, I love the first two stories, I love that you're posting this one now, and I love this first part in general. I love how couple-ish they're acting at the beginning, and I love Clark's decision to tell her about himself the way he did.

The thing I do not love is the fact that you're only posting every other day <g>. However, I'm going to take a deep breath and be strong. wink

Great first section, and I can't wait for more!

Tracey smile (repeating 'I can wait patiently, I can wait patiently' over and over again <g>)

Top Banana
Top Banana
That really was a cruel place to end this segment. Bring more! More! I really loved it- although if I knew this was a sequal to PtW I would have referred there first blush . *impatiently* What happens next?

Julie smile1

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

I'm so glad you're posting this. smile1
It's wonderful! I love the revelation.

I can't wait to read the next part.
I'm enjoying this immensely. clap

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved your first two stories Annie and this one has me hooked already!

Can't wait for part 2.. Oh goody..that's TODAY!! smile1

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
yes TODAY... hyper
WAIT! wave

PRETTY PLEASE?
mor1980

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
OK...BORED AND really WANT THIS STORY POSTED... peep

11:35PM Dhaka (Where the heck is that?)
12:35 AM Jakarta
1:35 AM Manila

so...hmmmm past midnight in Asia... gettin there in India....
All info provided by the online world clock...
laugh
mor1980
(you can imagine what i'm like on New Year's Eve...)

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
LOL, flattered as I am, the reason I can't post until midnight has nothing to do with me holding out. I'm at work where I have access to the internet, but not access to my harddrive where the story is stored. I might be able to post a little earlier than midnight, depending on what time I get home from work, etc. But I definitely can't post now.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful feedback. I'll reply in detail tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks!
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm glad you finished so soon. I was surprised when I saw it on the board because I wasn't expecting it until later this year. Great job on the first part and I can't wait until I read the rest of the story.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Annie,
I'm glad you are posting this
loved it-hate the cliffhanger
well done and waffy
merry

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
WELL....
LOL, flattered as I am, the reason I can't post until midnight has nothing to do with me holding out. I'm at work where I have access to the internet, but not access to my harddrive where the story is stored.
Me thinks you should start taking advice from Clark and back things up on disk so you can TAKE THEM WITH YOU TO WORK heh heh heh laugh

but alas, i am not the boss of you (if i were, you'd have this story posted yesterday and in ONE piece...maybe if i harass KATHY, she'll BR it faster....hmmmmmmm) hyper hyper hyper hyper hyper

can't wait,
mor1980
PS-watch me fall asleep before you post...lol

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wow, Annie, seems like someone really loves this story laugh . Hooray!

(I think you should wait until after Nov 17th to post the rest . . . just so I actually have time to read it wink )

- Laura smile1

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Merriwether
Merriwether
maybe if i harass KATHY, she'll BR it faster....hmmmmmmm)
Hey! I stayed up till 2 am last night to get part 2 back to her by this morning! It's not my fault she had to work late. <g>

Kathy

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
LOL! Okay, okay. I'm here. (and flattered <G>)

Thanks so much, everyone, for all the wonderful feedback. I'm so glad y'all like it so far.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the "I'm not a NASA experiment, Lois. I'm Kryptonian." line. It's one of my favorite lines from this story, and I'm glad other people liked it too.

I'm so glad everyone seemed to like Clark's rationale for not telling her the truth as Superman. That's something I felt really strongly about in this case. I always prefer the revelation to come from Clark, but especially in cases where he and Lois are already dating.

Did Lois really understand from this that Clark is Superman or that there are other Kryptonians on the Earth?
and
I confess that I found Lois' cluelessness a bit forced. C'mon, Lois: he's telling you his parents found him in a capsule, and you still don't make the connection? Although if your Lois never envisioned a secret id for Superman, the idea might never enter her head, I suppose. So I guess I should forgive her.
First, as you'll see very quickly in the next section, it doesn't take Lois long at all to put the pieces together. To me, her offering alternatives besides Clark being Superman is logical for two reasons. First, she's in denial. I think that Lois has really known the truth for a long time, but just didn't want to put the pieces together. Second, like everyone else at this point, Lois assumes that Superman only came to Earth about a year ago. She's not thinking about Superman coming to Earth as a baby.

the robe line was a great touch.
Thanks, Paul. That was one of those lines that wrote itself. She was standing in front of the open window and I was like, "I bet she's cold. She should get a robe." And, bam, I realized the implications.

But now it's not "playing", it's real thing, right?
Ah, nope. <G> This time they're "playing for keeps" meaning it's no longer a just a game.

Okay, there are a million more things I want to comment on, but I have a feeling that you'd all rather I shut up and post part two.

What happens now??!! Does she get mad?! Does she cry?! Does she kick him out?!
Let's see, shall we? smile

Thanks again!
Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annie, I LOVED this as much as I Loved all the "previews" I was fortunate enough to get to read!!! clap Your are an amazing talent!!! clap

S (who will leave more specific feedback tonight after I read part 2 today jump -- yay it's posted)

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard