Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
As soon as Lois stepped out of his prison, Clark moved away from the door.

He'd said the scariest three words in his vocabulary.

I'm an alien.

The three words that had haunted him before his capture and condemned him since.

But Lois ...

Lois hadn't recoiled. She hadn't flinched. She hadn't bombarded him with a million questions.

She'd probably suspected before his admission. They would have told her. But even so, her reaction to his bald statement confirmed what he already knew.

Lois was a truly amazing woman.

Her easy acceptance reached deep inside him and squarely confronted all of the hate, and the animosity, and the suspicion, and the fear. And in the face of her support, all of their repugnance crumpled to insignificance.

He could stand against the hostility of the whole world if she were standing beside him.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Double triple quadruple wow!!! dizzy

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow I loved all the interaction between Lois and Clark but I am scared about The man married to Moynes Aunt. I hate that there is more angst coming because I think Clark suffered enough. I hope the bad guys are stopped before Clark gets hurt again and Lois legally gets him out of there. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Woohoo - excellent update. The collapsed ankle leading to the open display of super powers, conversation, and contact! It doesn't get any better than that.

The entire scene of Clark caring for Lois's ankle was so tender and intimate. I love that he was able to overcome his own fears and tend to her.

Maybe they could achieve through a sprained ankle what they hadn't been able to achieve through a hair wash.
Never one to let an opportunity pass her up. laugh And ever cognizant of what not to say/ask, no matter how much she'd like to have answers. Love that she just accepts the powers.

"And I heard her die. I heard her final breath."
Gah. Just knocked the wind outta me.

"Because they thought I would be enough like humans that I could be ..."

"Accepted here?"
A simple statement that packs a powerful punch in this alt-verse.

There was such depth of understanding in his eyes that Lois felt irresistibly drawn to him. What would it feel like to have his arms around her? To lean into his chest and -
Who knew she'd know by the end of the update! smile1

"Trask helped Moyne that time."
Ok so I guess that answers the question of whether or not Trask would lie in his own journals.

Yay! He carried her. love

Daniel Scardino escaped from the funeral home as soon as was seemly.
My stomach dropped when I read that, thinking that he was arriving at the prison. Phew!

I really don't like the sound of this Menzies character. And this?
"She's still a woman."
mad Can we line up a conversation between him and Moyne crossing a busy intersection against the lights? Pretty please?

And now we have to wait until the next update until Clark's POV *sob* (That's right, I'm already whining about the teaser!)

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ai yi yi! Of course Moyne has a family member that high up. How else could he have risen to the position he did when he's such a ... juice bag. wink

The use of these two scenes together in this chapter was a bit of brilliant plotting on your part. The scene in the cell was wonderful and poignant and reassuring. And then just as we're feeling all relaxed and confident it will all work out fine, you hit us with the big whammy. Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Well played. wink

I'm glad Lois has already started to formulate a plan because I think she's going to need it sooner than she'd thought. I hope you post the next chapter soon. Even though this wasn't a traditional cliffhanger, I know we're all on the edge of our seat after it!

Kathy

Blogger
Blogger
As others have already said... WOW! What a chapter. I keep thinking that with every update that you post, and each one keeps getting a stronger and stronger reaction from me.

I figured that Moyne just had to have family connections with someone high up - and we've finally been introduced to that 'someone,' which of course doesn't bode well for Lois and Clark. As Kathy said in the above message, looks like Lois will need her plan much sooner than she thought considering that this Menzies will undoubtedly want her gone from the operation as a result of listening to the "righteous and absolutely moral" relative of his.

I've kept thinking about how you'll get Lois and Clark out together. It seems like there's not enough time for Lois to do it legally. At least not without risking that Moyne or someone else will replace her and do who knows what to Clark. Lois being Lois, she might just get him out of his prison, clean him up (rid him of that beard as we've all been waiting), wink and create Superman as a way to get the public on their side, and then maybe start a new career with the new superhero at The Planet...

But that is just my crazy ranting... I'm sure you've got something far more fascinating (and certainly better written than anything that would come out of my mouth - or my laptop).

I can't wait for more! Please post the next chapter soon. Just like others, I keep refreshing these message boards, waiting for another chapter from you for what feels as about a million times per day.

More please! notworthy

~Marina

P.S. This is just one of many quotes I loved!

Clark knelt beside her, slipped his arms under her body, and lifted her as easily as if she were a child. As he walked across the cell with smooth, even strides, the bottom of his beard tickled her arm.

They arrived at the door, and he lowered her to her feet. His hands loosely circled her waist as he steadied her. Lois grasped his shoulders and put her foot to the ground. She gingerly transferred her weight from her good foot to the injured one.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
thumbsup

Another wonderful chapter! Loved the way they interacted when Lois sprained her ankle. A most excellent piece of writing!

I've kept thinking about how you'll get Lois and Clark out together. It seems like there's not enough time for Lois to do it legally.
I keep wondering if a certain asteroid might find the powers that be realizing they need Clark's assistance. Now that could be an interesting turn of events.

As always, eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

hyper

Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
Before she crashed, two arms surrounded her and lifted her.

Clark carried her - one arm under her shoulders and one arm under her knees. He dropped smoothly to the concrete, gently lowered her onto the mattress, and slipped his arms out from under her.
Aww... smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
drool

Yup. I loved every minute of this. I've read it 3 or 4 times already, and it just keeps getting better.

thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I so loved this part, especially the way the squash game went - I ddin't anticipate that at all!

And now...

How did it feel to not know the touch of a friend for seven years?
Yeah, right ... Lois might think that she'd be touching him as a friend ... goofy

Perhaps the situation with Clark could be restored through their game of squash. At least it was going to be physical. She could keep her mouth firmly shut - and that was a good thing. Unless she accidently whacked him with the racquet, she wasn't going to be able to do much damage.
clap

Great part and it seems Menzies is going to cause some trouble for Daniel ... and for Lois?

Looking forward to the next part! (somehow, each part becomes more interesting than the last - weird, huh ?

smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, I do come back and read other people's comments to help me cope in between chapters, why do you ask?
Can we line up a conversation between him and Moyne crossing a busy intersection against the lights? Pretty please?
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Emily wins the thread!

Kathy

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
goofy hail yeesh, you're good.

I heart Clark Kent.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Why do I think Moyne arranged Trask's 'accident' so he could be put in charge of Clark? And why do I think Menzies is well aware of Mayne's proclivities? (Maybe the two murders were at Menzies' behest?)

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perhaps the situation with Clark could be restored through their game of squash. At least it was going to be physical. She could keep her mouth firmly shut - and that was a good thing. Unless she accidently whacked him with the racquet, she wasn't going to be able to do much damage.
Indeed. I’m sure the game would come to a screeching halt with only one racket available.

She pounded it at the wall.

He muted it.

She slugged it.

He slowed it.

She thumped it.

He tamed it.
hyper clap

She charged at it, absolutely determined to either belt the cover off the ball or blast a hole in the wall. She drew back her racquet –
Oh boy, is she going or what. I’m just glad Clark’s still in his cavemen attire, otherwise he would probably face a very different attack from Lois.

And excruciating pain seared through her left ankle.

Her leg crumbled.
laugh

"I'm sorry, Clark," Lois said. "I was an idiot over the hair-washing."

He slowly shook his head. "You could never be an idiot."

"You hardly know me yet."

"I know enough to know that."
Actually… that’s just polite-Clark talking there. Canon-Clark would know much better laugh

"I heard it all," Lois whimpered. "I heard his evil triumph, and I heard her fear, and I heard his cruelty, and I heard her pain." A tear squeezed from her eye and rolled down her temple, leaving a damp trail. "And I heard her die. I heard her final breath."

"Lo -" The word was chopped off as Clark swallowed jaggedly. "Lois," he said. "Aww, Lois."
sad I’m not sure it was exactly, but somewhere around these parts I started to wonder when Clark would begin to obsess about whether Lois told him the whole story or not, i.e. whether she got out there with only a second-hand experience or not.
The pressure of Clark's thumb increased a tiny amount. "It's OK," he said. "You don't have to say anything."
I think it was here…

She returned her gaze to Clark. "Do you know why Moyne forced me into your cell? Did he really think you would hurt me?"

"That's what he did the other two times."

"He forced Deller and Bortolotto in here?"

"Yeah, he locked them in here, and then he returned with the poison and a knife. Because of the poison, I couldn't do anything while he attacked them.""
Not a big surprise by now, but still…

"Trask helped Moyne that time."
Whoa, there!

Menzies snorted. "She's still a woman." He turned and strode away without a backward glance.

Daniel slipped into the driver's seat of his car.

Eric Menzies was not just a 'higher-up'. He was one of the 'highest-ups'.

He was a man feared for his inflexible austerity and sharp, scything tongue.

He had recently returned to the job after a yearlong absence that had evoked a legion of rumours, but no one Daniel knew had dared to ask the man himself.

And he was married to Neville Moyne's aunt.
eek wildguy eek wildguy

Can’t wait for the next part! Well, duh! And Kathy's right, reading the FDK threads sure is a necessary way of coping with the lack of new parts once the current part has been processed.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't help wondering if maybe tonight Clark won't be just a tad more aware of whose bed he's sleeping in. wink

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
His hand was resting on her pillow, and the side of his thumb was absently gliding across it.
He winced, and his thumb slid across the curve of her ankle. "Does it still hurt?"
He does that a lot, doesn't he? Not that Lois is complaining. wink

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by KathyB:
Yes, I do come back and read other people's comments to help me cope in between chapters, why do you ask?
I hear that! Glad to provide some entertainment on the dark days (aka days w/o an update frown ) These threads should be renamed FDK & Support to get you through 'til the next fix! laugh

Has it really only been 24 hours since the last update? *long, pathetic sigh*

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes what an idea. I came here tonight looking for more. I am addicted, as you all are. what a story. I need a fix!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Just a quick update ... I want to get back to writing smile (I *will* reply fully, just not now.)

Thank you all so much for your incredible interest and enthusiasm. huh huh

So ... I'm back in part 11, rebuilding the wall so part 18 becomes cool

Hopefully, there won't be a huge delay - but I had toyed with the idea of posting the next part early, and I wanted to let you know that there's no chance of that happening. There will still be the usual 2-3 day break.

Thanks again,

Corrina.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Evelyn I decided that the best way to overcome the 'touch' issue was for Lois to need Clark. He was always just going to react - not stop to think. I'm glad you liked it!

Laura We have to have a few little problems for Lois and Clark to work on together. But it will work out OK.

Emily

Who knew she'd know by the end of the update!
I wasn't thinking a full-blown hug. Think how they were after Clark had carried Lois to the door in 'The Phoenix'. Contact - but limited.

Kathy

And then just as we're feeling all relaxed and confident it will all work out fine, you hit us with the big whammy. Ouch, ouch, ouch!
Sorry! I didn't actually plan it that way - but when I had finished the part, I did realise that the scene with Menzies and Scardino was a bit of a jolt after the LnC scene!

Marina I enjoyed your 'crazy ranting'. You sort of weave in and out of my plan. laugh

Elizabeth I needed Lois to get hurt in some way, so Clark could rescue her ... again!

Mozartmaid

And in this story he was patently NOT... That is, until he met Lois Lane
Which is one of the most fun things about writing this relationship smile

Vicki I loved your analysis of the section. You described it exactly as I *saw* it.

I'm glad you liked 'muted'. Thanks for your thoughts!

From your later post ...

He does that a lot, doesn't he?
Just a little bit of foreshadowing ... glad you liked it! smile

DW

I didn't anticipate that at all!
It's nice that some things come as a surprise!

Thanks, Jen.

Dandello My only comment is that I've just written Menzies' backstory ... and Iolanthe said it wasn't what she was expecting!

Michael

Indeed. I’m sure the game would come to a screeching halt with only one racket available.
dance

Corrina.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard