Page 1 of 2 1 2
#75939 12/10/10 10:31 AM
S
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
S
Wow! That was excellent!

Ever since Friday morning, thinking too much about Superman made her feel like she was betraying Clark.
I love this! Of course she's attracted to both men - because they are the same man.

Good god! Superman was, unmistakably, flirting with her.
What a great scene. Clark's finding it harder and harder to keep those boundaries. He can't help but behave differently around Lois.

Her revelation is just fabulous. Love how she puts the little clues together.

Great job!

Joan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
See? I'm here!

"I love you," she said again and giggled as a rush of affection for Clark swept through her. No one, not even Superman, had made her feel the way Clark did. Well, okay, maybe Superman had come close… No! She wasn't going to dwell on it. Her choice was definitely made.
GUUSSSSSHHHHHH. Loved that whole entire scene--and would amost admit that it might be my favorite but part 2 and 5 kind of trump it for obvious reasons.

IMO, I think you achieved the same reaction without the kiss--and after re-reading the version that you sent me and this version I understood what it was that you were trying to convey. Hope I didn't throw you too much off kilter. Because as your beta I respect the crap outta ya and would not want you to change something that you feel passionate about regardless how I think.

Almost done!! I can't believe we're almost to the end.

Randy gave me "rewrite history"

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh I just love this. Her choosing Clark over Superman even when he makes it obvious she's got a shot with him. Clark thinking Lois knows who he is when she says his name as Superman. Lois figuring out on her own. Love it, love it, love it all!!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh yeah, that was good! Ditto everything everyone else said, especially the last post before mine.

Can hardly wait for the final 3 parts to wrap this up.

Cheers
Elizabeth

Top Banana
Top Banana
That was so fun! Love seeing Lois totally confused by Superman acting way too familiar and the fact that she's trying so hard to focus just on Clark.

And loved her putting the pieces together.

Her body tensed. Lois tried to fight the sensation but it was too late. Her stomach was already upset from all that popcorn and the shock of her partner's secret was simply the last straw. Lois groaned and crawled away from the blanket so that she wouldn't be sick anywhere near her only shelter.
I shouldn't laugh, put poor Lois!!
dance

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
K
Blogger
Blogger
K
OOOOH this should be canon! Love it!

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I got the phrase, "GET BACK HERE!!"

smile Amber

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Seriously, best. part. yet. Loved it.

Poor Lois, going the wrong way. I wonder how far away Smallville is at this point. smile

And now since we're back in Lois's POV, I'm totally on her side again.
…And then her traitorous mind pictured Superman instead. For a few seconds Lois let go of the guilt that dating Clark and daydreaming about Superman usually caused her and wondered what might have happened…
If you can't indulge in a little Superman fantasy whilst stranded cold, dark, and alone in the middle of nowhere, when can you?

"I'd know your heartbeat anywhere."

"Mmmm. Desire."
Flirty!Superman. I mean seriously how's a girl supposed to piece together a secret identity with that kind of talk muddling her brain?

She stifled the sudden urge to smack his arm and shot back, "Clark just got lucky, that's all."

"Did he?" Superman's eyes twinkled mischievously.

Lois could feel a blush spreading across her cheeks at the apparent innuendo. "Not like that," she protested.

"Not like what?" Superman asked with feigned innocence.
I found this completely adorable.

"We should talk," he said as his hand cupped her cheek.

"I--. I'm sorry. I can't." His expression clouded so she rushed to explain why. "Clark…."

Superman froze and his eyes widened. "Please don't hate me," he whispered.
Even with the "previously in Clark's POV" at the beginning, I still did a "wait, what?" before I remembered his decree, "Tomorrow, Clark promised her silently. No matter what, he would tell her the truth tomorrow." So did Clark just decide to drop the act and seize the day, and then think that she figured it out? Or did he in those few moments forget that he was with her as Superman? Or was it all/none of the above? laugh

"Congratulations, Lane. You just won the jackpot. Superman said his top two priorities are children's issues and nuclear disarmament. If it was anyone else, I'd think that you cheated, but it's friggin' Superman."
Hee - nothing says "I'm sorry, please don't hate me" like using your influence to win your love a weekend at the Plaza. laugh

Excellent revelation. Now that she's out of the smut haze of Metropolis, she can think clearly! I love watching Lois put together all the pieces.

Can't wait until the next segment.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well, I was going to write that this entire part was pure poetry, right up until the end when Lois' stomach protested too much. Because of that part, I'll have to say that the post was 100% well done, but only 98% poetry.

So when is our next fix coming? wink

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Look! smile1 FDK - it's like an early Christmas! clap

Joan - I worried a lot that people were going to be upset with Clark for flirting with Lois. I was delighted that you saw it the way I intended for his behavior to come across - he can't keep those boundaries anymore. I'm glad you liked the revelation, too! laugh

Lola - Ha! I totally owe you for putting the smack down on me. This part works so much better because of your suggestions - thank you! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. What I most liked was what you didn't have Lois do, shout for Superman as soon as she was free.

Tales where she shouts for him and he hears her halfway around the globe, often ignoring the slow speed of sound, always bug me.

Between the distance, all the other sounds, and the slow speed of sound, I find it odd that Clark always hears her.

Your Lois is out and away and not making a fool of herself jumping up and down yelling "Superman".

I enjoy the way she put the pieces together about Clark being Superman.

If it was anyone else, I'd think that you cheated, but it's friggin' Superman."
rotflol Delightful.
It also shows that in your 'Verse people don't automatically assume a relationship between Lois and Superman. One of the things about "Superman Returns" that always bugs me is the willingness of Superman to show in public how much he cares about Lois, even after it has already placed her at extreme risk in Superman II.

A delightful part.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story, I'm enjoying this story immensely. More ASAP plz

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Great part!! I'm loving this story. Can't wait for the next part.

Sarah

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She was going the wrong way.
Then how’s she supposed to just appear in her apartment and be there when Clark checks up on her the next time? confused

…And then her traitorous mind pictured Superman instead. For a few seconds Lois let go of the guilt that dating Clark and daydreaming about Superman usually caused her and wondered what might have happened…
blush Umm… I hope you don’t mind my asking, but… umm… this is set after Lois said goodbye to Superman and committed herself to Clark. So, if she keeps fantasizing about Superman like this, doesn’t this make her a bit flakey? Even if she feels guilty about it?

Superman leaned closer and she had a heart-stopping moment as she realized he was deliberately invading her personal space. He must have just laundered the cape or something, because he had the sunny-fresh scent of a familiar soap. She was still trying to place where she knew that smell from when he murmured, "Mmmm. Desire."
Wow, he’s open with her. Did he get exposed to red-K?

"C'mon, Lois. I know all about the phrase game." His fingers brushed through her hair, tucking a small section behind her left ear as he leaned down to whisper, "I have excellent sources." The heat of his breath tickled across her cheek like a kiss and then his hand moved from her hair to her shoulder.
eek Must be red-K. No clone would know this.

"Nuclear disarmament," she said glumly.

"Ouch." He made a face and gave her shoulder a soft squeeze before taking his hand away. "Tough break."

Lois shrugged, both relieved and disappointed that he had stopped touching her. "It's a stupid game, really."

He laughed - a quick short bark that seemed oddly familiar to her. "Translation: you've never won." His eyes twinkled in a tease and she had another moment of déjà vu. But when had Superman ever bantered with her before?
That really *is* a lot of Clark in there.

"Superman," Randy said the name like it was an oath. "Congratulations, Lane. You just won the jackpot. Superman said his top two priorities are children's issues and nuclear disarmament. If it was anyone else, I'd think that you cheated, but it's friggin' Superman."
wave

PS: Just kiddin’. I don’t think I ever read Lois having this violent a reaction to finding out. At least, violence was always directed *at* Clark laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Plus, when did she get pregnant? And is it Superman’s or Clark’s? Or is she going to have to pick Daniel or Danielle for a name? /deadpans/
eek

rotflol

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Blogger
Blogger
Love this whole part! Can't wait to see the reunion.

Kyla
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Excellent part as usual. For a story with "no A plot" this is very convoluted. Supes, come find her already and you'll meet a different Lois!
More soon!
cool
Artemis
So... which phrase did Randy give you?
Mine says "peace on Earth" smile1

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bingo!
Score! I'll trade my spa weekend for another update v. soon. laugh

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I so loved this part and Superman flirting with Lois was so good laugh He clearly has a serious problem with boundaries and it was only a matter of time before Lois added two and two together and came up with one wink

Looking very much forward to part 8 smile1

smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part!

The sun had set in the direction she was walking, which meant she was headed west.
Lois, don't walk towards the setting sun if you are heading east!!! I have found this to be very good advice if you want to make sure you are heading in the more or less correct direction.

I was watching Clark with greater than usual fascination in this part, after you pointed out, Sue, that he doesn't have to tell Lois about his double identity. Exactly, he doesn't. And this Clark is human enough not to be guided by the absolute moral compass that would forbid him to even ponder the possibility of pursuing a relationship with Lois without telling her. This Clark knows that he can flirt with Lois without telling her. He could in fact go quite far with Lois without telling her - but that would be wrong, and he doesn't want to do the wrong thing, and he is trying desperately to work up the courage to tell her. He is giving her little hints, but he doesn't get it that she doesn't get it. Oh, what a complicated world we live in!

Like everyone else, I, too, loved the way Clark couldn't keep up his Superman boundaries in front of Lois any more. What Lois hasn't understood is Superman's utter humanity - ah, but she got it now, which is why she is throwing up.

So now you need to get back to him and chew him out a bit, so that you can kiss and make up afterwards. Therefore, you need to get back to Metropolis. Therefore it is a good idea to locate the Pole Star in the sky - that isn't hard, you just find the Big Dipper which you can always see any clear night in North America - and then you follow the two "pointer stars" until you get to the Pole star, Polaris:

[Linked Image]

And then you just make sure to keep the Pole star on your left all the time, because then you will be heading east toward Metropolis and Clark, Lois! smile

(Of course it is always possible that he will be out of Metropolis looking for you, but that is another matter...)

Ann

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard