Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I intended to post this part tomorrow (Fri) morning, but then remembered that I have to help my son enrol in a scholarship program which will take most of the day.

So ... the choice was Thurs evening, or Fri evening. I went with Thursday smile

Shadbolt shook his head. "I'm not sure about this."

Lois pushed the fridge door, and it thudded shut. "I know," she said as she poured milk into her coffee. She lifted her gaze to centre on the man sitting at the table. "But are you disconcerted because you really think he's going to be a threat to your safety? Or are you disconcerted because you've realised that the way things were done around here violates just about every human right our country holds as important?"

Shadbolt shuffled in his seat and stared at his magazine. "Trask said he wasn't human."

"And you believed him."

"I've seen the alien do things that aren't human."

"I've seen humans do things that aren't human."

Shadbolt tossed his magazine onto the table and glared at it.

Lois sat down. "Can I ask you something?"

"OK."

She took a breath and tried to prepare herself for an assault of horror. "What surgery did you do on the prisoner?"
Thanks!

Corrina.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know, I know: I'm repeating myself but this... this was incredible, Corrina! What an amazing chapter.

The two of them being so carefull not to trespass the barriers of what's ok and what's not, what the other is ready for and what he couldn't cope with just yet. Their reactions and the way they seem to be creating a bond, and a strong one. And falling, because I had my doubts about Lois, but this:

"Lois."

He said her name with such utter softness that something stupid happened to her heart. Lois put all of her concentration into stabbing multiple green beans. She shovelled them into her mouth and told herself that whatever had just happened had everything to do with her heightened emotional state and nothing to do with the man sitting next to her on a concrete floor. "You never told me what food you'd really like," she said after she'd swallowed.
Surely seems like falling to me. I didn't think the progress was going to come this fast; I thought you were going to keep us waiting a lot longer before you had them interacting in any way, but this sure is better wink and you're doing it in such a way that it doesn't feel rushed at all. It just makes sense; it works. And I'm sure there will be more than a few roadblocks along the way, but I'm sure they'll pull through:

This was no longer about making prison bearable.

This had become about preparing him for the outside world.

And getting him out.

Legally, if possible.

Or otherwise, if not.
'cause when Lois Lane's wants something, beware, world, 'cause she's bound to get it laugh

PS. So glad you chose to go with Thursday wink And regarding your fdk on part 6's fdk: boy, is Lois in for a treat when you decide to shave CK. If she's falling for the castwaway look... the mild mannered-Clark look will kill her drool

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
yayayayay! this part was great! the story is great! Can't wait for more!

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
What an amazing chapter! The emotions were written so vividly - I was transported into this world.

I can't wait for the next part. I just think about how devastated Clark will be if Lois does not show up. Lois will be too.

Will she go to the Daily Planet at some point?

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay for posting sooner rather than later!! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Yay! Again with a chapter even better than the last one. How do you do it? You are really out doing yourself with this story. Clark's reflection of the day was so heartbreaking but Lois's determination to now get him completely free is awesome. And so in character of Lois Lane. I'm also loving the fact that things are progressing so quickly. I have to admit I'm checking the site a little obsessively. Its just that good.

I heart Clark Kent.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I agree ... every chapter keeps getting better than the previous ones, although the previous ones were actually just as good. I think it has something to do with the story progressing at just the right level and going where we want to it go laugh

Loved this part and their interaction. A thought just occurred to me ... if Clark is so afraid to touch Lois (for obvious and justified reasons), will Lois be the first one to kiss Clark ... much later on in the story I presume?

My faovurite part was:

She couldn't leave him.

She couldn't leave him.

Until now, she had thought that she could walk away, content in the knowledge that she had made a difference ... that she had righted some of the wrongs inflicted by Trask.

Until this afternoon, she had been working towards obtaining the best life possible for the prisoner.

How wrong she had been.

Even if she did manage to secure a reasonable life for Clark - safety, dignity, provision of his needs - even then, she wouldn't be able to walk away knowing he was still imprisoned.

She couldn't leave unless he did.

And she had no intention of spending the rest of her days in a compound behind a warehouse on Bessolo Boulevard.

And getting him out.

Legally, if possible.

Or otherwise, if not.
That was so sweet and true and I do wonder how you are going to get Clark out of his prison? DO you have an idea yet? And the preparing him for the world outside part was so poignant.

Looking forward to 8 ... and finding out what the surgery was (as we all now know that Clark can definitely communicate verbally!)

smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm following two stories right now with rabid attention, this one and one in another fandom. The other author posted a chapter last night, and I decided to stay up late to read it before bed. You posted while I was sleeping, and I decided to read as soon as I got a few things done this morning. The only problem is, now I've got at least a few days to wait before either of you post again and it's going to kill me. goofy

(But thank you for posting Thursday -- early is always better for us readers, LOL!)

I know there will more strife ahead for our heroes, but this story is getting so satisfying. You made an interesting comment in your last feedback response, that because of all the outside problems Lois and Clark are facing in this universe, you're able to eliminate the problems in their own relationship. I found that very insightful, in part because it's a great way to describe my favorite types of stories -- ones where L&C have that "us against the world" bond and they face outside problems together. They can't not be together, because they are so drawn to each other. They need each other; they complete each other. And this story is using that premise, but in a completely new way. So major, major kudos to you. smile

I feel like the story took a giant leap forward in this part, both in the material things Lois has given Clark (the mattress, sleeping bag, pillow, puzzle) and in the emotional connection she has forged with him. It's clear to me that she's doing this to help herself as much as him -- she needs to recover from the terrible things that have been done to her, and she does that by helping him recover from what was done to him.

And incidentally, one of my favorite things about the way you've developed her character is how she seems to be well aware of that dynamic. Many stories (and let's face it, S1 canon) have Lois so emotionally shut down that she doesn't realize why she's so drawn to Clark or why she acts the way she does. Your Lois, on the other hand, seems perfectly aware of the situation (part of what makes her such a successful agent, no doubt) and is, in fact, embracing it. It's part of what makes this story so unique and refreshing and ... addicting.

And getting him out.

Legally, if possible.

Or otherwise, if not.
This probably won't come as a surprise, but my heart did a happy dance of joy at this part. Because though I'm sure the road won't be easy, Lois Lane will not be denied!

Kathy

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh what a fantastic chapter! I love the way Lois is thinking in this - no second doubting herself or wondering if Clark really was 'dangerous'. Thank you for posting earlier rather than later!!!

Like others, I'm rabidly following this story. You are an amazing writer and I once again thank you for giving us this story!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww, they're so adorable together hyper

He gazed into the container for a few seconds. "Chicken," he said. It sounded more like knowledge than speculation.
Hmm, now, just how could he have known that? wink

"I don't know your surname."

"If I tell you what it is, will you call me 'Ms'?"

Her question had stumped him. "Ah ... yes?"

"Then I won't tell you," she declared with a smile.
clap

Can't wait for the next part. But I am expecting some fallout to happen not too far into the future. After all, we can't keep it cute for too long angel-devil

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was so happy to see this today. It is like a drug I am addicted to now. I can't wait for my next fix. This was beautifully done. It is achingly slow and that is as it should be. We are a long long way from a first embrace or first kiss, but I am along for the ride. Awesome! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Corrina,

You are the best. Thank you so much for this!
There was something about Clark Kent.

Something that reassured her.

Something that steadied her.
In any universe.

He got to his feet - diffidence cloaking him like a mantle of misgiving.
Nice imagery. I can just see him, so unsure of himself.

He gazed into the container for a few seconds. "Chicken," he said. It sounded more like knowledge than speculation.
hehe.
She pointed her fork at him and laughed. "You've forgotten my name, haven't you?"

"No," he said solemnly. "I will never forget your name."
Nice. Such an abrupt change in mood, from Lois laughing and teasing to Clark's solemn vow.
He said her name with such utter softness that something stupid happened to her heart.
I don't know if this is some Australian turn of phrase, or if you just invented it, but I love it! "Something stupid happened to her heart." I'll have to remember that. goofy
"Never married?"

"No." So, the apple pie maker was probably his mom. Martha.

Clark stared at his last piece of chicken. "Are you?" he muttered.

"No."
An exchange of very important information!
Lois's attention was only three-quarters on the puzzle. Surreptitiously, she watched Clark.
I suspect it was mutual.
Did he like the beard? Or would he get rid of it if he could?
Shave! Please, shave!

Although, in a way, I'm glad he hasn't shaved yet. Clark looks like some sort of cave man, and even so, stupid things are happening to Lois's heart. There's a certain "Beauty and the Beast" thing going on here, that makes it interesting.
"Pooh Bear is definitely preferable to bare concrete."
Clark made a little joke! haha.

Others have already mentioned it, but I can't leave it out:
Until this afternoon, she had been working towards obtaining the best life possible for the prisoner.

How wrong she had been.

[...]

And getting him out.
hyper

You left me so happy and satisfied. I was fully prepared to spend the next couple of days contentedly re-reading, savoring and enjoying this part. Ah, but when I come to post my feedback, what do I find but a cliff-hanger preview! You are evil Now, I am not content to wait at all; I must know! WHAT WAS THE OPERATION??!!

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Another excellent installment. I love Lois's thoughtfulness here. Also it's nice to see her using her experience at the nursing home to make Clark's transition easier.

"I like it when you say my name."
Is it wrong that my mind went straight to the gutter on this one? laugh

Apple pie/ pizza bit was heartwrenching. Nice that she's opening up a bit to him. *hugs all around*

His eyes dropped to the chocolate and then rose. By the time they reached her face, a half-formed smile had split his beard.
Awwwwh.

Hee! Clark in a Winnie the Pooh sleeping bag is too funny.

She couldn't leave unless he did.

And she had no intention of spending the rest of her days in a compound behind a warehouse on Bessolo Boulevard.

And getting him out.

Legally, if possible.

Or otherwise, if not.
Awesome! Mama Bear!Lois making an appearance and willing to skirt the law. laugh

Once simply wasn't enough.
Perfectly sums up my feelings about these updates.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record... v. much love Clark's POV.

He'd awoken this morning not knowing that his entire world was going to be turned upside down by a beautiful woman with mesmerising brown eyes and a laugh that was the sweetest sound he had ever heard.
It really was a crazy day for him - one never to forget, that's for sure.

Whatever she did, whatever she brought, Clark doubted she would be able to top what she'd done for him today.
Heh. He doesn't fully recognize what it means to be involved with Lois Lane.

The best gift she had given him was not the food, not the bedding, not even the clothes. The best gift was how she treated him as if he were just a regular guy. Not a monster. Not a killer. Not an alien. Not a prisoner. Not an animal. Just someone to hang out with.

Someone to share chocolate with.

She'd been so careful to show him respect. So careful not to intrude.
Again I'm a big puddle of gooe. Love this.

See you tomorrow, Clark.
After all tomorrow is another day! (Sorry, channeling my other favorite leading lady) But after the earth shattering events of today, I can't wait to see what's in store for him next.

And now for the teaser feedback... laugh Just when I'm satisfied with the way the chapter ended and feel certain I can survive until the next update, I go and read the teaser... hmm, I'm imagining all sorts of terrible things. At first I thought exploratory surgery. Then my mind went someplace darker along the lines of sterilization, presumably to prevent the proliferation of the alien species. But why bother with the forthcoming alien invasion? :rolleyes: And worse still, whatever the procedure, any operation would have been performed sans anesthetic, right? Gah! Can't wait for more!

K
Blogger
Blogger
K
Oh my...Clark gets Lois' sleeping bag. And he's still in so much shock (or his super senses aren't quite all back yet) that he doesn't get overwhelmed by the intimacy of it, by the fact that she has slept in it, and it smells like her perfume. Maybe that's a good thing. It wouldn't be safe for the other guys to catch him burying his face in it to catch her scent. But it can't help but strengthen the fact that he's already permanently imprinted on her...

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, what a huge milestone they have reached in communicating with each other face to face! I so felt the promise of so much more to come, so many possibilities for them becoming more real, even though they are still very far out of reach.

Can't wait to see how you steer them past all the barriers for both of them to be free again! Your writing has such crystal clarity-- it sets such a clear picture in my mind of the setting and what they are doing; you are amazing!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait -- but thank you for rushing us a part whenever you can. dance

EvelynC
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
It is the first time I ever post a comment here.
Just want to let you know that I find this story truly well written, It is easy to vibrate with the characters, How can someone not be touched by this story of hurt and healing as well as trust.

Looking forward to the next chapter. I too am checking too often for new post.

thank you
thumbsup

Kerth
Kerth
Wow, this chapter was really intense. I loved how Lois realized that she was not going to walk away from Clark. Plus, their dinner was absolutely great. (Btw, does it count as a kind of first date? *g*)

Looking forward to more from you.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Cristina
If she's falling for the castwaway look... the mild mannered-Clark look will kill her
The castaway look - laugh

Many thanks everyone for such great FDK.

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I could leave out the previews
Noooo! Absolutely not.

Please, do not even think of it. I love those little previews.

Who cares if we sometimes jump to conclusions? That's part of the fun. smile

Please, continue to include previews. thumbsup

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I could leave out the previews
shock shock shock shock
shock shock shock shock

Michael wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard