Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Time again to thank my superb BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn. They have all improved this fic!

In her apartment, she slipped the holster from her ankle and took out her weapon.

She unloaded it and gasped.

It *had* been fired.

Moyne *had* fired it.

How could he have he missed from a few feet away?

The alien is bulletproof.

They'd said that the alien was bulletproof.

They'd said he'd been shot before ... and survived.

Was he impervious to bullets?

Had he taken the bullet that Moyne had meant for her?

Lois locked the weapon in her safe and slipped into bed.

Tiredness enveloped her body.

Questions stormed her mind.
Thanks!

Corrina.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Breaking my heart again... but in a good way.

She was everything he was not.

Free.

Human.

Beautiful.
hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful!

Framework4
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I didn't comment until now, but I simply love this story.

There are so many predjudices to overcome until our favorite couple will be able to trust each other. I'm curiously awaiting the next part. Keep it coming! thumbsup

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay the first part of the second story has been posted! And it was excellent!

Free.

Human.

Beautiful.
This was beautifully written and said so much!

Of course Moyne is going to have another version of the happened events and even if Clark could talk and "testify", his word would mean nothing as he has been depicted as a brute, savage and uncivilized animal that has not only killed, but ripped two agents apart.

I am looking forward to see how this story will unfold - and as mozartmaid said:

What I'm wondering is this: if this story progresses as we all hope it will (ie Clark gets out of there and they end up together ), how will they ever escape the government chasing him down?
Unless they somehow "end" the operation as if it never happened, but that that to occur, the higher ups and whoever else is involved need to be 100% sure that Clark doesn't pose a threat and I can only imagine that his powers will be taken away for that to happen.

Looking forward to part 2! smile1

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
When I read, I usually go so fast that I don't give myself much time to actually 'see' the scenes. Sometimes I'll stop and try to picture what I'm reading. But this story... it's written with such detail that it's hard not to picture everything. But this one bit really stuck out for me:

"When you said it was my word against Moyne's, you didn't mention that you had already decided that his version was more reliable."

"Ms Lane," Scardino said. "I have been concerned that you are getting too personally involved with this assignment. I think that you have allowed your judgment to be impaired. It happens to all of us in this job."

Lois reached into her pocket for the keys.

She thrust one into the padlock on the closet door and opened it.

She sensed Scardino's surprised reaction to the set-up inside the closet.

"Watch this," Lois said. "I'm sure you'll find it very illuminating."
Camrecorders... what a great invention!

Cris
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
beautiful.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Top Banana
Top Banana
There were so many moments here to treasure, I don't know where to start. I loved this part so much, I've re-read it several times today.

This simple, understated passage brought a lump to my throat:

[The bullet] was in his pocket now. He'd cleaned it on his shorts and put it next to the notes she had written him.
Edited to add: Back again. I was called away before and didn't have time to say that I admire how you manage to say so much with so few words. The fact that the bullet needs to be cleaned is our first indication that Clark was injured when he caught it. He cleans it before putting it in his pocket - so as not to soil the two notes? And how much it tells us that he has tucked in his pocket like a precious treasure a piece of paper which reads "Will collect after use".

All of which makes us even more eager than Lois was to see his reaction to "Thank you, Mr. Kent."

As others have said, the whole thing was beautifully written.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh wow, I love this. I keep saying the same thing but I really really do!!!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. More soon...please. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, thank goodness she has everything on tape! I can't wait to see Scardino's reaction when he realizes Moyne is a liar and Lois is telling the truth.

This chapter did a lot to clear up my misconceptions from the last one; I see now that Moyne had opened the cell door and Clark hadn't broken out. And *of course* Moyne lied about what happened :rolleyes: but hopefully having the incident on tape will get Moyne removed from the project once and for all. I only hope he's discredited enough that his "friends in high places" abandon him and he won't be able to cause any more trouble. (Though I'm not counting on it. Grrr.)

Lois's thank you note got me all choked up ... and even more so when it did the same for Clark. mecry The simple courtesy of calling him by his name means so much to him, especially given the heartbreak of his POV scene that started off the chapter. He's been mistreated for so long, even he's starting to believe the things he's been told about his worth. Lois, please help him!

I'm well and truly hooked on this story, Corrina. More, please! smile

Kathy

Blogger
Blogger
Loved it so much. Can't wait to have more interaction between the two of them...maybe with Lois working Moyne's shift?

Also was thinking, is nightfall about due?

Kyla
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Wonderful story.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Great start for Bridge!

She had come in ... forced against her will by Moyne.

Just like the other times.
Hmm… does Clark mean Moyne or Trask? I’m thinking Trask or either Moyne has lost it completely or Clark really killed the others. Or, maybe, Moyne just said those things to Lois to scare her even more. Questions over questions…

Moyne was a killer.
I’m starting to think it’s door number three…

A beautiful ...
He sure is hung up on the ‘beautiful’ bit. Of course, if you’d go by Moyne’s reasoning, Clark’s ready to jump anything with a pulse.

But if had he intervened, he risked Moyne bringing in the poison. Then he would have been incapable of protecting her.
Interesting reasoning. It also means he isn’t even considering the option of just taking Moyne out. Permanently.

It was in his pocket now. He'd cleaned it on his shorts and put it next to the notes she had written him.
Awwww…

He opened his right hand and stared at the gouge caused by the bullet.

He wasn't at full strength ... hadn't had enough sunlight ... still weak from the poison. He wasn't at full pace either ... but he'd been fast enough.
That’s what you call a close call, huh. On the other hand, if he hadn’t been strong enough, he wouldn’t have been fast enough either…

All he could do was give her the Neosporin.
Interesting reasoning. And so much different from Lois’s conclusions about him just imitating behavior he has observed in the people around him.

When she'd taken the antiseptic ointment from his hand, her fingertips had lightly scraped across his palm.

He stretched open his left hand and examined it. There was no evidence of her touch ... but it was forever etched in his memory.
Something to hold on to. And he sure seems quite sane. Of course, he could also just say ‘Wait a second. I’ll give you a hand there with the guard.’

An animal.

That was what they all thought.

That was what they would have told her.

Free.

Human.

Beautiful.
The named note is bound to change that, I’m guessing.

Could it be that the years of incarceration had made him fear the outside world?
Hmm… This is interesting. The only direct reasoning of Clark for his staying in the cell is that he doesn’t want to scare Lois. But surely there’s got to be more to it. Or maybe not. After all, this is Lunkhead we’re talking about.

She'd seen better men than Moyne die.
After reading it again, I can’t help but wonder if she might also be thinking that she’d killed better men than Moyne.

Was he alien? Or human?

Suddenly, it didn't matter anymore.

It didn't matter at all.

Unless ...

What if others of his kind were coming?
And there’s the doubt again.

"So the prisoner *did* do this to Moyne?"
clap

"You do realise that it's your word against his?"
Too bad there’s no video of this. /embarrassingly forgets that Lois returned in the middle of the night while the VCR was still recording/

She sensed Scardino's surprised reaction to the set-up inside the closet.

"Watch this," Lois said. "I'm sure you'll find it very illuminating."
Ooh, Ooh /jumps up and down excitedly with only a little worry that Moyne might have turned it off/ But surely, that’s not likely since he didn’t expect her to turn up and no recording the next morning would be suspicious. Also, they're secret agency. Can't they just vanish Moyne?

Questions stormed her mind.
And will Lois be afraid or hopeful?

Oh, and when’s part 2 ready for posting? grovel Please? Pretty please? /goes looking for cherry/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So glad to see the next book being posted already. I'm not sure I could've survived a longer wait.

Nice to have Clark's POV during the struggle. Interesting to see him go through all the possible options and settle on the Neosporin as the path to keep Lois the most comfortable.

She had touched him.

Before he'd walked away - she'd touched him.

When she'd taken the antiseptic ointment from his hand, her fingertips had lightly scraped across his palm.

He stretched open his left hand and examined it. There was no evidence of her touch ... but it was forever etched in his memory.
It's the little things that matter. smile

Not sure if this was discussed previously but in light of what just happened, it sure seems to me that Clark was set up to take the fall for Moyne's murder of Deller and Bortolotto.

Mr Kent was sitting on the far side of the cell. He wasn't turned away. He wasn't cringing in pain. He was looking at her.

Lois lifted her hand in a tiny gesture of greeting.

A moment passed as she awaited his response.

Then slowly, his hand rose a few inches from where it had been positioned on his knee.
Baby steps. And the note... love how it affected both of them.

I also liked the progress that Lois seems to have made with Shadbolt despite his convictions about the "alien".

Can't wait to see what Scardino has to say about the recording. He seems to want to remain detached to make his life easier but seeing the truth in technicolor will make it a lot harder to allow Moyne to continue as is.

Excellent installment

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MozartMaid

I'm glad you like the little steps forward. I needed to show how awful Clark's life was so that the little things like calling him by name made sense.

Thanks, Framework

Bakasi

There are so many predjudices to overcome until our favorite couple will be able to trust each other.
Exactly. And that's why I'm probably going to need four stories!

DW

True - no one is going to take Clark's word on anything - except for perhaps Lois!

Cristina I'm glad the detail isn't too much. Sometimes it's hard to know what to put in and what to leave out.

Thanks, L

Vicki It is so satisfying when a reader can see the underlying story that isn't directly stated. Thanks for reading so carefully, Vicki. smile

Bellarase It's always good to know that a fic continues to hold interest.

Laura Next part is up, Laura.

Kathy

This chapter did a lot to clear up my misconceptions from the last on
Actually, misconceptions were everywhere. blush When I read your FDK about Clark 'breaking out' I thought you meant emotionally - ie that he'd chosen to get involved in the scuffle.

My comment about you alerting me to something that needed clarification referred to something else!

I'm glad it's clearer now.

Kyla Getting rid of Moyne achieved two things - it got rid of him (duh!) and it gave Lois a chance to be alone with the prisoner. Wonder what she'll do with that chance???

Thanks for letting me know you're reading Immery

Michael

He sure is hung up on the ‘beautiful’ bit.
I admit that I don't follow canon too closely, but I like the fact that when Clark Kent first sees Lois Lane, he is completely taken by her - even if she's brawling on the concrete floor of a cell!

Thanks for the cherry, Michael. Some of your comments are cool dizzy spider - but I'm not going to say any more!

Emily

I also liked the progress that Lois seems to have made with Shadbolt despite his convictions about the "alien".

Can't wait to see what Scardino has to say about the recording. He seems to want to remain detached to make his life easier but seeing the truth in technicolor will make it a lot harder to allow Moyne to continue as is.
I loved these comments because you nailed two characters - Shadbolt and Scardino. Thanks.

Thanks, everyone.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard