Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
Awesome story - it actually drew me out of lurkdom. I loved every part of it, and I'm totally looking forward to the sequel(s).

As a matter of fact, I even understand why Clark does not try to talk to Lois, not after you mentioned how he was beaten out of talking by Trask and Moyne in the first place.

I just hope Lois finds a way to make things right - or as right as they can possibly be for someone who has been held captive for 7 full years.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

Finally managed to read all of this story and it was a very intense read. You had me on the edge of my seat any number of times ... and I still am! wink

We need a sequel. Your readers have lots of questions that you have to answer, please. smile

Yours Jenni

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Still here! Sorry for the almost complete lack of fdk on this story. I AM reading, but this fall is being so crazy... I just can't keep up. But I am really enjoying this story (and I must admit I almost chose not to read when I saw the way it started out).

I really really like the process. Lois's thought, how she tries to draw conclusions, how she wants to see for herself whether he can trust the prisoner or not. And I sure hope we get some introspection from Clark's POV on this last chapter, because I really would like to read why he chooses to act that way.

Dying to get more wink . So feel free to post anytime laugh

Cris
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
As I said before I’ve had an idea where this story would end … hm I’d say I was partially right. I figured Moyne wouldn’t have Lois let take everything which represented his dominating position over his prisoner without doing anything against it. It would have something to do with the ‘prisoner’. I presume that Deller and Bortolotto also began to think of the prisoner as a being with human rights and feelings, therefore they had to die.
I just didn’t think Clark would stay in this awful cell, but the longer I thought about his situation it makes sense. He still doesn’t know what had happened to his parents and I’m sure he fears that when he breaks out his parents will be hurt. I think Trask made it clear during the ‘sessions’ that if he ever were to break out or try to harm the guards Clarks parents would also be suffering from it.
I’m extremely curious about the whereabouts of his parents. Somehow I don’t think they are dead … but I can’t imagine what had happened to them. If they are still alive and they have been set free why didn’t they look for him? If they were, surely Scardino or another involved person would have known about it, wouldn’t they?
It also made me sad to read what had happened to Linda, Lois partner, but it fits with what we know about Lois life before she came to Metropolis.
But there is one thing … Moyne really seems to expect Clark to attack Lois and have his way with her… and killing her after that. Has he lived with the lies for so long that he finally believes them of does this have to do with the surgery they performed on him … but still Clark doesn’t react in an aggressive way. I’m sure he heard the fight from his cell and he knows or suspects that Lois doesn’t propose a threat to him. So he protects her by deflecting the bullet and puts Moyne into the doorway, away from the weapon and away from Lois.
Great cliffhanger, makes me feel like being slowly boiled in oil
:p

Kathryn
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hey, thanks for all the wonderful FDK dance

BJ More coming! Thanks!

Framework I don't think I'll be writing a scene from Moyne's POV, so we'll have to wait a bit to see exactly what he was thinking.

Bellarase and Laura It's definitely not over! Sequel coming.

Terry Re Moyne ...

From the prologue ...

As they had travelled to Metropolis in the back of a white van, Moyne had more than justified Trask's decision to include him in this mission. The assistant had been unrelenting in ensuring the alien had no possible opportunity for a counterattack.
When Trask wants you on his team, that says something!

Evelyn Moyne has never seen the alien around a woman, so he couldn't know for sure how he'll react. It could be, as you say, he figures the alien will act the way he, Moyne, would.

LadyMoira

if you were a young adult
I think that's important. In some ways, Clark is still going to be the 21 year old who was captured despite the passing of seven years.

SQD

I'm glad I did and wish I hadn't.
I know how you feel!!

Sorry if you thought 8/8 meant the story was finished. peep

Vicki So glad you liked the fight scene. I'd rather write 20 pages of dialogue that one page of action.

MozartMaid Good questions!

DW

So, it is possibly going to take some time for him to "come out of his skin" so to speak.
That seems realistic to me.

And he's going to need someone very special to help him!

Emily Hi!

How could you leave us there, cruel.
Actually, there were about ten places *before* then that would have been worse ... when Moyne first grabbed Lois, when he threw her into the cell, when he drew the gun on her, when Clark first looked at Lois. wink

I was expecting L&C's first contact to occur during Trask's funeral,
Uhmmm. Contact. Uhmm. laugh

Joy Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.

Ank K S

Yay! Lois & Clark communicated even if it was mute.
Baby steps!

Jen Answers will come, but it's going to take some time.

Kathy One of your comments has shown that I need to add some more explanation further down the track - Thanks!

Pat You should write some of those twists and turns, Pat!

As for the rest of your comments, all I'll promise is that I *will* get them together.

Elizabeth More coming soon.

Lara

As a matter of fact, I even understand why Clark does not try to talk to Lois, not after you mentioned how he was beaten out of talking by Trask and Moyne in the first place.
You raise a good point. How could Clark know that Lois is trustworthy? We know she is, but how could he know for sure?

Jenni There will probably be three sequels. Thanks for the FDK.

Cristina

Thanks for keeping on reading despite the start!

I wanted to say 'It's not all torture and pain', but I didn't want to give too much away.

We'll see more of Clark's POV in the next story.

Kathryn

slowly boiled in oil
Loved this. Probably shouldn't have, but I did!

I enjoyed your speculation, too, Kathryn.

Huge thanks to everyone reading and commenting. Bridge 1 coming soon.

Corrina.

Oh, and one more thing - I wrote a 'Lois and Clark' story, set on Earth (ie not Krypton or NK) and didn't use the word 'Clark' once!! cool

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Corrina! What a great way to end part one. hyper

Michael wave

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael

What's stilted. What's too much. How to choreograph. How to describe. It's worse than writing nfic
Yep!

You ask a lot of questions, Michael. Sorry, no answers here - but hopefully things will become clearer.

Thanks for all of your wonderful FDK,

Corrina.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard