Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
OK, a sequel is needed! cool

Lois bent low, took a firm grip of Moyne's shirt with her right hand, planted her right foot, and pulled.

He moved a few inches, but the effort to progress ratio was disheartening.

He was heavier than he looked.

She bent low again and readied herself for another effort.

There was movement and noise at Moyne's feet.

She looked up and gasped.

The prisoner was there.
Thanks!

Corrina.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
OK, a sequel is needed!
Darn right, there is! The attack of Moyne on Lois was expected, but I'm not sure I understand Clark's actions. Why didn't he speak to Lois? Why would he calmly wait in the corner of his cell, instead of taking his chance to escape? Okay I think I know why he would take the slow path to ensure that he gets out and ensures his parent's safety, but it's maddening to wait to see what you've got planned next.

More please?

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful cliff hanger.

I assume that during one of sessions when Trask and his associates used the kryptonite to weaken Clark that something was done to remove his ability to speak.

Likely the discipline sessions were designed to keep him from completely healing.

Looking forward to more.

"Wanna know what's going to happen to you?" he taunted. "You're going into the cell - without a rod. The brutal animal hasn't had a taste of the Achilles for three days ... and he hasn't seen a woman in seven years. When he's had his turn, I'll be down - with a rod - to finish the job."
jawdrop Clearly Moyne expects Clark will rape and kill Lois, which means he was NOT in on the killing and dismembering of the earlier two. Or at least NOT completely in Trask's confidence.

On the face of it his plan was twofold,
  • protect the human race
  • remove the weak link from the chain of command

Moyne is going to be completely shocked to be alive. Something tells me his attitude towards Clark is about to do a 180.

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh wow!! I'm also speechless! Sooo glad it's not over - cannot wait for the next part!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sequel Sequel!!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Moyne isn't changing his mind any time soon. He's invested way too much of his career in this assignment to back up now. This guy is a little bit nuts - like Trask was - and he wouldn't listen to reason if you played it on his Walkman twenty-four/seven. He'd be more likely to believe that Lois had an Achilles rod secreted on her person and used it to beat the beast away. At least, that's probably the tale he'll tell.

And now we know something of what happened to Lois. Was this by any chance Linda King? And is Lois really responsible for Linda's death, or is it survivor's guilt? I can't imagine any agency putting an agent who was responsible for her partner's death in charge of something so sensitive, even if no one else wanted the job.

I think Clark's actions are intended to show Lois that he is not a threat to her or to her staff. And she'd going to reject Trask's reports about the murderous capabilities of the "animal" from now on. If they had captured and tamed a hideous beast, she and Moyne would both be dead and Metropolis would have a super-powered monster roaming the streets.

But they didn't. He isn't. And Lois will realize it as soon as she calms down.

I'm ready for the next section/segment/portion/whatever! Please post it soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So glad your already have sequels up your sleeve! Awesome story. hyper

EvelynC
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Wonderful story telling! Clark's hesitancy shows he knew full well he had his chance for escape. I'm theorizing that if you were a young adult, taken and captured for 7 years because of your powers, beaten and kept weakened, etc... it would be a ray of golden sunshine to suspect someone was finally giving you small bits of humanity back. Therefore, perception is very important to him. Which has been his character we know him by. As Superman, he has the desire to be seen as helpful, and takes it personally when the public portrays him as anything other than that.

So, he either takes his chance at escape, when he knows the 'poison' is around somewhere and can weaken him, or he takes the chance at showing humanity, and hopefully gaining... trust wink

Wonderful layers in this story!

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -- Albert Einstein
Columnist
Columnist
Don't often read stories before they make it to the archive (and never before they've been finished). The title intrigued me when you first started posting. When I saw part 8 of 8 up, I figured okay- muse is running in circles so do a bit of reading. It is now nearly 2 am! I couldn't stop until I'd read all the parts and now... I'm glad I did and wish I hadn't. I want more! Hurry up and get back here so we know what happens to this Clark! This particular situation has always interested me. What would happen to him if he was caged? How would it change him? And on and on. This was nicely written and very much enjoyed. Don't dwaddle long with more.

SQD

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. That was absolutely amazing. Different from anything I was expecting and better than anything I was imagining notworthy

How ironic that the "punishment" Moyne is intent on inflicting (and which a terrified Lois is fighting tooth and nail to avoid) is to lock her in a room with Clark. I actually had to smile about that, even as I was reading the fight scene. Which, by the way, was riveting - very well written.

So many questions! Why is Clark still not talking? What was the operation? Where are the Kents? And most importantly, what's going to happen next?

More, please.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Top Banana
Top Banana
Like everyone else, this story is keeping me on the edge of my seat!
I too am wondering about Clark not talking... is that what the operation was about? hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yes, more soon please!

Moyne's attack on Lois was expected and so Moyne of him to want to lock her in the cell with the prisoner.

I think that Clark is able to communicated using his voice, but that he has been conditioned over a period of 7 years *not* to, because every time in the past when he has wanted to communicate, something bad happened, like those two agents being and and probably being exposed to green-K for a prolonged period. So, it is possibly going to take some time for him to "come out of his skin" so to speak.

But I wonder how Dan will handle the situation and if Moyne will finally get reassigned?

Looking forward to the sequel smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi,

Just joined the ride last night, read all 8 parts at one sitting, and I've got to say how much I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Of course that being said, I'd like the next part ASAP! How could you leave us there, cruel. wink

I too am puzzled by Clark's actions in the last part. I did not think for one minute that he'd harm Lois and was actually pulling for the door to be unlocked so that she'd have him on her side against Moyne (aka the devil incarnate). Now though that Moyne has been neutralized for the moment and Lois is defenseless, why isn't Clark escaping - it seems too early to be concerned about Lois' fate with respect to this incident. Is it concern for his parents that keeps him there?

I was expecting L&C's first contact to occur during Trask's funeral, when no one else will be around. Perhaps now after what just happened, they can still interact but Lois can place a bit more trust in Clark?

Whatever you have in store for us, I am ready for it and waiting not-so-patiently smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOVE this story and its premise--- eagerly looking forward to the sequel(s). Well done!

Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved the story and looking forward to more smile

Yay! Lois & Clark communicated even if it was mute.

I think 7 years is a long time for Clark to think and rethink his plight and that maybe one of the reasons why he simply didn't seize the opportunity and escape.

Superb story smile1 thumbsup thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So many questions with so little answers! Can't wait for more! I'm totally hooked. I can't wait for more. Please post more soon. grovel

I heart Clark Kent.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow! Wow, wow, wow! I did not expect you to end it *there*! But it was a great place to leave it. *big sigh of relief that both Clark and Lois are fine and Moyne is not*

I'm not surprised Clark broke out to help Lois; I'd expected something like that to happen, but I figured it would happen after Moyne put Lois in the cell or at least opened the door. So did Clark know he had the strength to escape and just hadn't chosen to? Or did the panic of realizing Lois was about to be killed finally give him the motivation to try? Either way, I love that he was able to knock out Moyne and Lois thought to call Dan. I don't think even Moyne's well placed friends will be able to get him out of this one! (At least, I hope not. Attempted murder on a fellow agent is not "reassignment" territory; it's prison territory.)

What did surprise me was the fact that Clark walked back into his cell after it was all over. (BTW, giving her the Neosporin first was a great touch.) Is it learned helplessness? Stockholm Syndrome? (Though in this case, the Stockholm Syndrome would be a good thing, since Lois is Clark's best chance to somehow get some type of a life back.) It definitely proved he's not as dangerous as Moyne and Trask had made him out to be.

I can't wait for the next story to see what comes next!

Kathy

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I think everyone, except clearly Clark, forgot the elder Kents were also taken. Clark won't leave without knowing what has happen to them and doing everything he can to protect them.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm having a wonderful time dreaming of all the twists and turns this one can take. Somehow, though, I never get the ending the way Corrina sees it. I'm glad, because she is the master of the understated story.

I cannot wait until you take this one forward. I have no idea where this will go, but I cannot wait until you get them together and rescue Martha and Jonathan. Corrina, please put the cape back on and sit down at the computer and turn out another installment. (I won't even ask Santa for anything more!)

Pat

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is one AWESOME story! Thoroughly enjoyed every part so far... please come back soon with more! thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard