Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Just jotted this little vignette down... It's my explanation for why Clark always has a ready cup of coffee for Lois. wink

I want to write another longer fic, but have been searching for the right story... so meanwhile, here's a vignette to help me stir up my creative writing process. smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
Kerth
That was not what I was expecting when I read the title!

Nice explanation. It works well, and there's something kind of 'awww' about Superman protecting a little plant.

Good luck with the longer story ... although this was great, too.

Corrina.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi MM,

That was hysterical! rotflol rotflol rotflol

I just wish I had thought of it.

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Any time you want to post anything -- be it a silly vignette like this or something longer, you have a pair of eager eyes awaiting you! smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for my morning smile. smile

carol

Kerth
Kerth
Awesome! I laughed so hard! Then I went back to read it again and laughed some more. Congrats on picking a very original idea and executing it perfectly!

I loved that the plant was just like Clark - in need of sunlight and constantly being dumped on by Lois. That's going to have me smiling all day. thumbsup rotflol

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Very original, cute and funny. What an enjoyable story to read as I drink my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I loved it.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was clever. I too was expecting something different from the title but I enjoyed what you wrote. I've only watched up to the middle of Season 2 but I remember Lois dumping coffee on that poor plant. That was sweet that Clark wants to look out for it - that the plant doesn't get to experience the good side of Lois.

Joan

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
yeah, that poor plant... but I don't think even Superman can bring it back to life wink

Books may look like nothing more than words on a page, but they are actually an infinitely complex imaginotransference technology that translates odd, inky squiggles into pictures inside your head.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the FDK love!

Female Hawk:
there's something kind of 'awww' about Superman protecting a little plant.
Yeah, that was why I gave it that title. No job too small for Superman. wink (I'm still catching up on 'Aussie Rules', btw...and I'm enthralled by your latest fic! When do we get the next part??)

Lynn:
p.s., Any time you want to post anything -- be it a silly vignette like this or something longer, you have a pair of eager eyes awaiting you! [Smile]
Thanks for the vote of confidence! smile

Sue S.:
Congrats on picking a very original idea and executing it perfectly!
*Blushes from praise* And from one of my favorite authors, too! smile Thanks!!

It's interesting to me that many of you found it really funny. I didn't intend it to be humorous per se, but maybe just a bit sentimental. Either way, I'm glad you all enjoyed it!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Didn't expect that from the title, but it fit perfectly smile

I enjoyed it a lot too and found it humorous rotflol

You did a great job with this one and it was cute and "aww" too!

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Really enjoyed your story! Very sweet, so Clark!!!

At least coffee grounds are good for plants(my husband takes ours for the flowerbeds anyway), so maybe there's hope if Clark can even just cut back on how much coffee Lois pours down on the poor thing. But I think he may need to start her off with a new plant, as that one looked pretty dead last I saw it! laugh

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute! Clark is a softie.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great vignette. thumbsup

And here I thought that Clark was looking out for Lois by bringing her coffee, but it turns out he was thinking of her poor plant all along. wink

You know, it's mentioned in several fanfics that Lois is death to plants, but in the show she has a rather lush collection of houseplants at home. Maybe it's just the office plants that suffer because she's so focused on her stories.

And don't feel bad about posting vignettes rather than long stories. Often a one-shot is all I have time to read, so I appreciate them. laugh

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
You know, it's mentioned in several fanfics that Lois is death to plants, but in the show she has a rather lush collection of houseplants at home. Maybe it's just the office plants that suffer because she's so focused on her stories.
Or it could simply be that the lighting in the office is bad. After all, her desk is in the middle of the room and probably does not get very many hours of sunlight each day....Hmmm... Maybe Clark should take the plan for a walk outside during his lunch hour. wink

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a great little vignette!

Merriwether
Merriwether
What a cute vignette! I love how Clark sees the parallels between Lois's treatment of him and her "dumping" on the plant. I never would have thought of that, but you lay it out so clearly. Nice insight! Fun and clever story. smile

Kathy

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
That was unexpected and quite precious! I love that Superman is defending a plant! You did quite nicely making a connection between Superman and the poor little thing! laugh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I quite enjoyed this. It made me laugh, though the parallels drawn between the plant and Clark are sobering. Good thing Lois finally did notice Clark and show him a lot more of her better side. Thanks.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard