Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: mozartmaid FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 03:46 AM
Just jotted this little vignette down... It's my explanation for why Clark always has a ready cup of coffee for Lois. wink

I want to write another longer fic, but have been searching for the right story... so meanwhile, here's a vignette to help me stir up my creative writing process. smile
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 03:58 AM
That was not what I was expecting when I read the title!

Nice explanation. It works well, and there's something kind of 'awww' about Superman protecting a little plant.

Good luck with the longer story ... although this was great, too.

Corrina.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 04:43 AM
Hi MM,

That was hysterical! rotflol rotflol rotflol

I just wish I had thought of it.

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Any time you want to post anything -- be it a silly vignette like this or something longer, you have a pair of eager eyes awaiting you! smile
Posted By: ccmalo Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 04:44 AM
Thanks for my morning smile. smile

carol
Posted By: Sue S. Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 05:04 AM
Awesome! I laughed so hard! Then I went back to read it again and laughed some more. Congrats on picking a very original idea and executing it perfectly!

I loved that the plant was just like Clark - in need of sunlight and constantly being dumped on by Lois. That's going to have me smiling all day. thumbsup rotflol
Posted By: robinson Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 05:32 AM
Very original, cute and funny. What an enjoyable story to read as I drink my first cup of coffee in the morning.

I loved it.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com
Posted By: scifiJoan Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 06:32 AM
That was clever. I too was expecting something different from the title but I enjoyed what you wrote. I've only watched up to the middle of Season 2 but I remember Lois dumping coffee on that poor plant. That was sweet that Clark wants to look out for it - that the plant doesn't get to experience the good side of Lois.

Joan
Posted By: Tasadi Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 07:57 AM
yeah, that poor plant... but I don't think even Superman can bring it back to life wink
Posted By: mozartmaid Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 10:50 AM
Thanks for the FDK love!

Female Hawk:
there's something kind of 'awww' about Superman protecting a little plant.
Yeah, that was why I gave it that title. No job too small for Superman. wink (I'm still catching up on 'Aussie Rules', btw...and I'm enthralled by your latest fic! When do we get the next part??)

Lynn:
p.s., Any time you want to post anything -- be it a silly vignette like this or something longer, you have a pair of eager eyes awaiting you! [Smile]
Thanks for the vote of confidence! smile

Sue S.:
Congrats on picking a very original idea and executing it perfectly!
*Blushes from praise* And from one of my favorite authors, too! smile Thanks!!

It's interesting to me that many of you found it really funny. I didn't intend it to be humorous per se, but maybe just a bit sentimental. Either way, I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
Posted By: DW Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 11:13 AM
Didn't expect that from the title, but it fit perfectly smile

I enjoyed it a lot too and found it humorous rotflol

You did a great job with this one and it was cute and "aww" too!

smile
Posted By: EvelynC Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 11:37 AM
Really enjoyed your story! Very sweet, so Clark!!!

At least coffee grounds are good for plants(my husband takes ours for the flowerbeds anyway), so maybe there's hope if Clark can even just cut back on how much coffee Lois pours down on the poor thing. But I think he may need to start her off with a new plant, as that one looked pretty dead last I saw it! laugh
Posted By: Artemis Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 11:38 AM
Really cute! Clark is a softie.
cool
Artemis
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 12:11 PM
Great vignette. thumbsup

And here I thought that Clark was looking out for Lois by bringing her coffee, but it turns out he was thinking of her poor plant all along. wink

You know, it's mentioned in several fanfics that Lois is death to plants, but in the show she has a rather lush collection of houseplants at home. Maybe it's just the office plants that suffer because she's so focused on her stories.

And don't feel bad about posting vignettes rather than long stories. Often a one-shot is all I have time to read, so I appreciate them. laugh
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 12:29 PM
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
You know, it's mentioned in several fanfics that Lois is death to plants, but in the show she has a rather lush collection of houseplants at home. Maybe it's just the office plants that suffer because she's so focused on her stories.
Or it could simply be that the lighting in the office is bad. After all, her desk is in the middle of the room and probably does not get very many hours of sunlight each day....Hmmm... Maybe Clark should take the plan for a walk outside during his lunch hour. wink

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: IolantheAlias Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/17/10 09:25 PM
What a great little vignette!
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/18/10 10:33 AM
What a cute vignette! I love how Clark sees the parallels between Lois's treatment of him and her "dumping" on the plant. I never would have thought of that, but you lay it out so clearly. Nice insight! Fun and clever story. smile

Kathy
Posted By: Deja Vu Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/19/10 05:49 PM
That was unexpected and quite precious! I love that Superman is defending a plant! You did quite nicely making a connection between Superman and the poor little thing! laugh
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK Defender of the Helpless (1/1) - 11/21/10 12:35 PM
clap

Michael
I quite enjoyed this. It made me laugh, though the parallels drawn between the plant and Clark are sobering. Good thing Lois finally did notice Clark and show him a lot more of her better side. Thanks.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards