Page 1 of 2 1 2
#75235 11/13/10 01:53 PM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Yay! A new Sue-fic! smile1 smile1

Muhwahahaha! I have taken Lois Lane hostage. Forget about Superman, only feedback can free her.
It looks as though I get to start gathering the posse to free Lois.

I am enjoying this story; but I thought you said at the start that there wasn't much of an A-plot? Part one seemed to me to be almost entirely composed of A-plot. Does this mean that part 2 will quickly resolve the kidnapping, and that the remainder of the story will be relationship-driven?

BTW, Do you have a planned posting schedule?

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sue-fic?!?!
thumbsup I have enjoyed the ride with you thus far and am sworn to secrecy about this fic wink

So happy for you Sue!! jump

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
Yea a new Sue Fic. Great start and looking forward to more.

Kathy
www.chili-everyway.com

robinson
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, I'm new here. I've been reading fic off these boards and the archives for several months now and have finally gotten up the nerve to post.

Muhwahahaha! I have taken Lois Lane hostage. Forget about Superman, only feedback can free her.
It seems only fitting that my virgin post is in response to a Sue!fic. That should be enough of a sacrifice to free Lois right?

I'm just ecstatic to be reading one of your stories in real time - although sed ecstasy lasted about as long as it took me to finish the section and realize that I don't have the other 9 to plough through in one sitting. However it does allow me the opportunity to leave you much deserved feedback, so count me as a lurker no more.

Now about the story...
A-plot. Well, okay, maybe there's a tiny hint of one, but it's more decorative than functional.
Um, Lois is trapped in a pitch black room post-drugging - that does not seem decorative to me! Fix this please.

She had been on a date with Clark. They were sitting at the bar, killing time before a movie by giving each other flirty glances. His knee had been pressed against hers and she had been fascinated by the motion of his Adam's apple when he swallowed.
Let's get back to this! <bg>

Emily

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
so happy you're back!
but, evil!!!!!!!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Uh-oh. The large water jug, the mass of popcorn - those do sound like Lois might be in for a long stay. In the dark... gee, is her prison soundproofed too?

Why do I think that Superman might find it difficult to rescue Lois this time?

More soon, please!

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't think I can say it too many times --- I love this story. Sue, you are a fantastic tease. I want more. More, more, more, I say. And I already *know* what's going to happen next. laugh

One thing was certain - she hadn't magically appeared in this dark prison. If there was a way to get her in here, there had to be a way to get her out. Lois stood up and stretched her arms out in front of her to begin feeling her way through the darkness.
This paragraph here is the reason I love reading Lois in your stories. Yes, she was drugged last night and now she's locked inside some sort of dark prison, but helpless she is not. Rawr!

His heart seemed to skip a beat as a cold tendril of fear unraveled in his chest. Don't be paranoid, he warned himself. There were hundreds of explanations for why she might not have come home last night.
Uh, huh. Hundreds. And almost all of them are BAAAAAD! Call me a sadist, but I love Clark's terror here.
evil

Wherever Lois was now, she hadn't left voluntarily.
Great cliff-hanger.

More.

Please.

NOW!
wildguy wildguy wildguy

Kerth
Kerth
Lynn - Okay, you got me. blush There is an A-plot, but in my mind it's completely secondary to everything else that's going to happen. I just didn't want anyone going in with high expectations. A posting schedule? Well, that depends. evil How quickly I post the next part is entirely dependent on the story's reception. If there's a lot of interest, I could be enticed into posting as often as every couple of days. Otherwise I'll post about once a week. :p

Lola - Ha! I have this mental image of you caving under light torture and telling everyone how Perry snapped and put a hit out on Lois. Only the hit man fell in love with her and locked her up in his basement instead of killing her. And the whole time, poor Clark is searching everywhere and can't find her so he tortures himself by remembering how he almost told her the truth. Oh, wait, no. I take most of that back. Only one of those things happens. I think. It's all jumbled in my mind now. <heh>

Kate - You wouldn't believe how much it tickles me to see the words "Sue fic" and "yea" in the same sentence. laugh

Emily!!! - See! Delurking wasn't nearly as scary as you thought, was it? I'm delighted beyond measure that you picked one of my stories to be your, uh, first. laugh I hope you will find that part 2 was worth the short wait. You wanted more of them ogling each other and that's certainly in the cards. Thanks for the coming out to play! sloppy

sarahg - Awwww, thanks! I'm happy to be back! And evil. peep

Iolanthe - In the original snippet, Lois also had a five-gallon bucket. After a few paragraphs (and drinking the water), she realized why that bucket had been left for her. <heh> No, the prison is not soundproof. She's going to yell for help, of course, but no one is going to hear her. As for Superman rescuing her… well, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

BJ - Thank you! When I think about how many times I've subjected you to reading this story, it's immensely gratifying that you still want to read it again and that you would ask for more. I genuinely laughed out loud when you said you know what happens and you still want more. Or maybe that's because you know what happens? wink

In my head, Lois is never helpless, even when the odds are stacked against her. That's what I loved about her on the show and that's why I write her as kickass as possible in this story. Can I say "kickass"? I was going to put that in the story header, but I worried it would get auto-edited. As for Clark, well, I'm the kind of sick puppy that loves to torture him. Mmmm. His fear is delicious.

Thank you all for your replies - it's certainly given me the oomph to continue the arduous process of smoothing the rough edges. I have the first five parts completely written and my betas are working through them. The last five are written, but not yet ready for human consumption. I should be able to post part two either tomorrow night or Monday.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice start. I assumed the worst at first and was delighted to find the kidnapper's objective was not to simply rape her and then drop her on a random street corner.

Clark however has to assume that the use of a date rape drug is simply so someone can rape her and that Lois has already been raped.

I LOVED that you had Clark hear Lois calling for him but dismiss it.

And no listening for her heartbeat! Oh the pain you are going to put them through.

Frankly I don't know if I can watch, I'll have to see what next chapter brings.

Framework4
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
I'm not worried about Lois - she'll figure a way out. The real suspense in this story is whether or not Lois will get her red heels back intact! smile

So how much feedback is required to induce you to post more frequently? Because I'll start a campaign if need be. smile

This is one of my favorite points in the series - Whine, Whine, Whine and And The Answer Is, so I'm thrilled that you are writing a story in that timeframe.

Can't wait for more!
Amber smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, my! So great to have a new story from you! But come back here and give us more right now!!!
help

EvelynC
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh! This looks fun! And hopefully there's enough feedback to help free Lois!! laugh I have a guess as to who captured her... Dan Scardino?? Maybe deciding the best way to get her to go out with him is to drug her and kidnap her? thumbsup

Excellent start! Can't wait to read the next part!!! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Sue S.:
A posting schedule? Well, that depends. evil How quickly I post the next part is entirely dependent on the story's reception. If there's a lot of interest, I could be enticed into posting as often as every couple of days. Otherwise I'll post about once a week. :p
EOD, please! grovel Or better yet, if you are choosing your moments then, to quote Lois from OP, "This one! This moment! Pick this one!" wink

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
The overnight returns are in! thumbsup

Amber - rotflol Okay, you got me. It's Scardino and Lex working together! <shudders at the thought> They both get mentions, but not as suspects. Lex is where he belongs - in prison on Stryker's Island. Dan's been reassigned to someplace else and he's currently trying to schmooze some other woman into dating him by mentioning his dead partner/girlfriend in an attempt to show how sensitive he is. Gah! I think Dan makes my skin crawl even more than Lex did.

I love that you've analyzed the two lines her attacker did speak in an attempt at figuring out who he could be. You get bonus points for that!

Lynn - With my reply, it's bumped the thread three away from the magic number my greedy muse demands. laugh

In actuality, I'm still waiting to hear back from two of my betas on part 2. I'm comfortable with it, but I value their opinions enough to want to hold out for a little bit longer.

Thanks for the replies, you guys! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me rummages around in my inbox and squees at finding part 3!

evil

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Sue!

Before I go all hyper new waff-fic.

With horror, Lois realized she had been drugged.
Got really scared. There've been way too many Lois-(almost)-gets-date-raped stories out there in the past two years or so to make this a topic that's not angsty. But there's hope. You didn't mention any WHAMs so, I keep reading on with just a minor panic attack instead of reading on with a full-blown hyperventilating panic attack.

Her arms felt too heavy to lift and she started to slump forward. Someone took hold of her shoulders and a deep voice cheerfully said, "Whoa there, sweetheart. I'll take you home now."

It wasn't Clark's voice.
Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear. /goes back to recheck A/N, just in case I missed something/

A ripple of pain shot up her leg as one shoe came off and her foot smacked erratically against the concrete
Yes. A shoe for Clark to find. hyper

He was imagining it; that was all. If Lois was saying his name right now, it definitely wouldn't be so mild. By now - if she was still here at all - she was most likely using his name as part of an expletive.
I'm scared beyond laughing. Otherwise I'd be LMAO. huh So this must do:
*NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*

Michael

PS: Loved it. More. Please?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Yay, another Sue fic! hyper

smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sue!

What a nice surprise to see you posting. This one has a scary start. Nine parts to go. I can't wait!

Write on smile1
Anne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohhh, Sue Fic! You love to torture us and we love to be tortured. Is there a word for that?
If there's a lot of interest, I could be enticed into posting as often as every couple of days. Otherwise I'll post about once a week.
So how much and how often do we need to reply? I certainly vote for EOD!
Does a little bowing and scraping help? wallbash
Do multiple replies from one person count as more than one?
Any significance that the shoe was red? You could have then called it "The Red Shoe Diaries."
Heh
More soon. Make my day nice, please?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
hyper Sue fic! Yippee!

I don't actually have time to give feedback now, but I wanted to at least add a post to the tally. Are we getting any closer to EOD? grovel

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard