Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
thud

Diana's ambition knows few bounds. Will she succeed or will her plans be foiled? Tune in for the next episode, same Bat-time, same - oh, wait, wrong show.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
Your version of Wonder Woman is interestingly manipulative. Are you familiar with Cat-Tails, a huge series of Batman/Catwoman stories?

http://catwoman-cattales.com/

These stories and a spinoff series, JLaint (accessed by a link from that site) are occasionally VERY unkind to Diana. For a long time I thought they were being unfair, then I discovered that it's in part canon for the DC universe - she seems to be disliked by a LOT of the female characters in e.g. some of the Justice League comics.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Priceless. And a perfectly executed Mid-Point. notworthy

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Gah, this story drives me nuts. On the one hand, I should hate it because it pretty much butchers one of my very favorite DC characters. On the other hand, it's still a great story, so I'm reading on. (Even though I can see where this is going - minus one very skewed Amazon.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Lara Joelle... I keep wanting to find a reason to LIKE WW and there is just nothing there, yet I'm intrigued to see how it all works out. Especially since we know Lois will fight WW... I can't imagine Clark actually allowing that to happen! Or at least to not stop it at some point during... I would like to see SOMEthing to redeem WW... some humanity. I always think of the old TV show, so I have no reference from the comics, but I thought she might have a little more heart?

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whooee! thumbsup

EvelynC
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Superman flew over the city, watching both for crime and for a half-dressed, slightly nutty Amazon Princess.
Hahahah. Don't worry, that slightly nutty gal will find you!

Oh, yes, it was a ‘piece of cook.’
Hahahaha. I'd much rather have a piece of cake than a piece of a cook. :p

Either Superman used a space within the structure for his personal storage, or Clark Kent was also Superman.

She disliked both of those possible explanations.
Shouldn't been so mean to Clark Kent either way! :p

She could almost taste Superman’s lips on hers – after a suitable three-day mourning period, of course.
*snort* Of course.

Ah, the plot is thickening! WW is rather conniving, ain't she? It'll be great when everything falls down around her. Strangely, I don't really dislike WW--she just seems severely misguided. Guess she didn't pick up mommy's nicer morals...

Looking forward to the next chapter, as always!

T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hello, FOLCs! I'm ba-a-a-ck!

Marcus, I am indeed familiar with Cat-Tails, and I must thank you for sending me in that direction some time last year. This version of the Amazon Princess is not deliberately modeled after that one, but I know that there are some similarities.

Thank you for the applause, Michael.

Lara, sorry that I'm stepping on one of your favorites. I'm not doing it just to bug anyone, I promise. There is a method to my madness.

Mozartmaid, this Wonder Woman is not like the TV series or most of the comics versions. The blame for this twist on her character lies solely with me.

Thanks for reading and guessing, EvelynC. You're not too far off on some of your speculations, but I'll be cruel and not reveal which parts are closer than others. And I'm glad you like it.

Thanks for the comment, Deja Vu. In several versions of Wonder Woman in the comics, Hippolyta didn't get along with Diana for various reasons, but I don't remember anything quite this severe. We'll see what happens next.

Next chapter coming up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard