Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
I think the noise sounds something like krrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkk, though I can't be certain. :p

Next chapter is "Birthright."

Blogger
Blogger
Clark, um... if you kidnap the Queen.. and... um... get caught.. and um.. alarms sound... you should kinda expect people to chase after you...um.. yeah... But since alot happened right before that, I guess we can excuse that slight overlook wink

Way to go Loisette! Great ingenuity by distracting/convincing the horses to help her.

Wow those Kryptonians sure are back stabbers or as Tempos put it front stabbers. I totally just got that King North is the equivalent of Lord Nor! hyper soon? grovel

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, the dragon *is* on Kryptonia's crest. And it does make sense, because of the Solaria carpet. But why did nobody react to Clarkent's dragon during the masquerade? Or was it a completely different looking dragon? And is there such a thing as a completely different looking dragon in Heraldic?

Tempos sure had his karma hit him smack in the chest laugh

I'm surprised that Clarkent managed to not kill anyone before as the Black Knight. The Middle Ages *were* a much rougher time so it wouldn't be too off or anything.

Do I remember correctly that King North was a cleverly hidden hint even before the baby-slaying? And shouldn't North recognize the royal sword? Plus, what's up with the two royal swords, one to inherit and one in the stone? Btw. I did wonder for a bit if Loisette might actually be the one to pull it out. Just because.. You know, since Clarkent kept holding on to his for so long.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blogger
Blogger
Yes, there are several different designs for dragons and it could be possible for people not to recognize Clarkent at the ball.

I don't think its a matter of if the Black Knight could have killed anyone, its whether Clarkent could personally kill anyone. Like back when they were role playing as kids, he couldn't even fake kill a baby.

D
Deja Vu Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Plain Jane-- Hahaha. Your joy makes me happy. laugh

I was very pleased with the name "North," heh. Since it's a real word, you don't really think about there being a name hidden within it! laugh

Michael-- As for the dragon crest, well, I think people were wearing all sorts of crazy outfits since it was a masquerade. And they also weren't expected to wear their own heraldic symbols (what would be the point of a mask?), so some of them presumably might have thought it cool to dress up like the "bad guy." If you don't think that cuts it, then I can certainly do some tweaking to make the heraldic symbols different.

As for the killing bit, Plain Jane's right. Clarkent couldn't even pretend to kill a baby--I don't think he could personally bring himself to kill anyone.

Chapter 7 holds the first mention of North:
“You’re going to be one of the soldiers of the first Barbarian King. The first Barbarian King is the father of North.”

“North?” echoed Clarkent, not completely understanding.

Gawain narrowed his eyes at Clarkent. “Don’t you remember the things I was telling you? The first Barbarian King died recently, so his son took over. People say North’s just as bad as his father was--if not worse.”
Hopefully, some of your sword questions are answered in the next chapter. Let me know if some of them still don't make sense!

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback!
~Deja~

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave

Clarkent couldn't even pretend to kill a baby--I don't think he could personally bring himself to kill anyone.
Oh, and I thought that's just since the baby was him and he had some deep seated psychological blockage even if he didn't know. blush

so some of them presumably might have thought it cool to dress up like the "bad guy."
I'm not sure about that. Given the longstanding enmity, distrust, hate, wars, etc, dressing up as the enemy would at least cause heads to turn and people whisper. It would be different if he where a buffoon mocking the Barbarians but to appear as a noble Kryptonian Knight? Maybe giving Clarkent the crest of Solaria instead? Either way, Clarkent would likely not get away without learning what the crest means from one of the guests. Or maybe even Loisette asking him about his costume?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard