Plain Jane-- Hahaha. Your joy makes me happy. laugh

I was very pleased with the name "North," heh. Since it's a real word, you don't really think about there being a name hidden within it! laugh

Michael-- As for the dragon crest, well, I think people were wearing all sorts of crazy outfits since it was a masquerade. And they also weren't expected to wear their own heraldic symbols (what would be the point of a mask?), so some of them presumably might have thought it cool to dress up like the "bad guy." If you don't think that cuts it, then I can certainly do some tweaking to make the heraldic symbols different.

As for the killing bit, Plain Jane's right. Clarkent couldn't even pretend to kill a baby--I don't think he could personally bring himself to kill anyone.

Chapter 7 holds the first mention of North:
“You’re going to be one of the soldiers of the first Barbarian King. The first Barbarian King is the father of North.”

“North?” echoed Clarkent, not completely understanding.

Gawain narrowed his eyes at Clarkent. “Don’t you remember the things I was telling you? The first Barbarian King died recently, so his son took over. People say North’s just as bad as his father was--if not worse.”
Hopefully, some of your sword questions are answered in the next chapter. Let me know if some of them still don't make sense!

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the feedback!
~Deja~