OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
As always, all comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Interesting; much more academic than I was expecting. Even so, it's good to know that Clark will be keeping an eye on Jeff. smile

~•~
Blogger
Blogger
I like how Superman decides to break his facade and open up to the boy to show Jeff just how much he does understand the loneliness.

Great companion piece. smile

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, however it is clearly going to blow up in his face.

Although it would be dangerous for Jeff to be known publicly as Superman’s friend, I don’t think it would be too risky for me to stop by on occasion to see how he is doing.
I can see the headline on the "National Tattler"
Superman a Super Pedophile

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice story!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Mary, I hope the story approach didn't prove too disappointing.

Plain Jane, thank you, and welcome to the MB. smile

Patrick, unfortunately, you are probably right about the Tattler and the Whisperer -- if they should catch wind of Clark's visits, they undoubtedly would portray an innocent act in such a salacious, fallacious manner. And it is a sad commentary on our society that these rags' RL counterparts not only make enough money to stay in business, they apparently make enough to justify their getting prime real estate near stores' cash registers. frown

Laura, thank you for leaving feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Mary, I hope the story approach didn't prove too disappointing.
Sorry if I sounded disappointed; I think it was mainly the sipping-soda-while-thinking-it's-coffee effect. I hadn't expected Clark to be acting so deliberately on Jeff's behalf. It makes sense, though.

The other thing that bothers me is that the mini-epilogue at the end seems to negate the need for a sequel. sad

~•~
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
Glad to see Clark's POV! That's sweet that Clark plans to keep such a careful eye on Jeff. I love the comparisons with Lois--and it was interesting to see Clark's frustration with Lois's Superman love.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah! Here it is.

Going to visit Lois as Superman is like getting a fix for a crack addict: I pay for my few minutes’ high with a subsequent low,
Great line!

You did a nice job of making Jeff’s story (Looking In) have a completely different feel than this one. What I mean by that is that Jeff’s story was in language that a smart nine-year-old would use while Clark’s story is in language that he would use.

I have a sort of “spiritual x-ray vision.
Awesome.

the mini-epilogue at the end seems to negate the need for a sequel.
Nah! I can see it now. Jeff grows up, goes to work at The Planet (like Jimmy), finds out Clark’s secret, and....
rotflol

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Mary, I'm glad that the story itself wasn't disappointing. smile I don't have any ideas for a sequel at the moment, but I am not ruling it out entirely. If my muse cooperates and gives me one, I would be delighted to write it up.

Deja Vu, Thank you! I had enjoyed having Jeff be like Clark in some ways and like Lois in others.

Nancy, You picked out two of me favourite lines from the story. Thank you! smile And I'm pleased that the narrators' voices for the two were sufficiently different. And thanks again for GE-ing Looking In. I'll be submitting From the Outside to the archive soon...

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
but I am not ruling it out entirely. If my muse cooperates and gives me one, I would be delighted to write it up.

Hooray! dance

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard