A
Comments welcome.

#74401 10/07/10 03:02 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Anonpip,

When I read your intro to Perceptions, I was slightly skeptical about how well passages written as part of a story would be able to stand alone. Oh me of little faith! These really do hold up quite well as independent vignettes. I like your take on the show's revelation. I am amazed that no other story I have read before had ever pointed out that Clark had initially tried to tell her before he proposed. That's a pretty big thing to have missed! (And I must admit that I hadn't really thought about it before myself, either. blush )

I'm looking forward to the next vignette; do you know when you'll be posting it?

Joy,
Lynn

#74402 10/07/10 08:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#74403 10/07/10 06:58 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great vignette. I loved how all of Lois's thoughts fit into the show and yet give it an entirely different meaning. Nice job. smile

This *is* my happily ever after.
#74404 10/08/10 12:15 PM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
This one was great too!

smile

#74405 10/09/10 09:50 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, when? If Clark really is Superman and really is worried I’d only love him for his powers, when would he have told me? When would he know that wasn’t true? Not until I gave up my Superman fantasy. Well, gave it up and let him know it.

Which would be… yesterday. Yesterday I told Superman I was giving him up. And this morning I’m pretty sure I heard Clark practice telling me he was Superman.
hyper

Great vignettes, Nancy!

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#74406 10/10/10 10:14 AM
D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
I love how you had Lois overhear--and come to understand--Clark when he was talking to the picture and trying to say he was Superman. laugh

The way you showed her perspective here was really great. And I think it makes even more sense than Lois just realizing CK=S solely by virtue of the fact that they touch each other the same way!

#74407 10/11/10 12:35 PM
A
anonpip Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
A
Yay! Thank you for the feedback!

I'm glad you liked this. I've always thought this episode was way too late for Clark to come clean with his secret, and so even for the other story was trying to steer clear of it, but the more I thought of it, the more I could see a reason Clark would wait until then to tell her. Still think it was way too late, but I think for the first time, I can at least understand his reasoning.

Lynn - Once I get around to posting the piece this was supposed to be from it should be more obvious why these stood alone fairly well. (I can't tell you when I will post as I haven't worked on it at all since I posted this, but the intended title is My Partner, so you'll know it when it's up.)

I have to admit that before I came up with the idea for this scene, I had also always glossed over the fact that Clark intended to tell Lois his secret before the proposal. I agree that's a big thing to miss and at least in my head, redeems him a little.

HappyGirl - That was one of my goals - to stay entirely within canon. My last story had the same goal and I failed miserably, so I really wanted it to work this time.

Sorry, Michael, the story this was deleted from is actually quite short. The two vignettes I posted together would have been half of it. I have a longer story started (well, several longer stories started, but one with a few chapters done rather than just a few scenes), but don't seem to be able to really conquer much more than one shots these days, so I'm playing it safe.

Thanks again for the comments!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard