Yay! Thank you for the feedback!

I'm glad you liked this. I've always thought this episode was way too late for Clark to come clean with his secret, and so even for the other story was trying to steer clear of it, but the more I thought of it, the more I could see a reason Clark would wait until then to tell her. Still think it was way too late, but I think for the first time, I can at least understand his reasoning.

Lynn - Once I get around to posting the piece this was supposed to be from it should be more obvious why these stood alone fairly well. (I can't tell you when I will post as I haven't worked on it at all since I posted this, but the intended title is My Partner, so you'll know it when it's up.)

I have to admit that before I came up with the idea for this scene, I had also always glossed over the fact that Clark intended to tell Lois his secret before the proposal. I agree that's a big thing to miss and at least in my head, redeems him a little.

HappyGirl - That was one of my goals - to stay entirely within canon. My last story had the same goal and I failed miserably, so I really wanted it to work this time.

Sorry, Michael, the story this was deleted from is actually quite short. The two vignettes I posted together would have been half of it. I have a longer story started (well, several longer stories started, but one with a few chapters done rather than just a few scenes), but don't seem to be able to really conquer much more than one shots these days, so I'm playing it safe.

Thanks again for the comments!