Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Just to let you know that part four will be posted in five parts (a, b, c, d and e). I was intending to post it in four parts, but it seemed to divide better into five parts. Don’t worry. Each part is still at least ten pages long.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lois chuckled as she stepped inside. Charlie followed, closing the door and taking an extra moment to lock it. She handed him a pair of rubber surgical gloves before slipping on a pair of her own. “You take the bathroom. I’ll check around out here,” she said. Giving his backside a playful slap, she sent him in the appropriate direction. In the corner of her eye, she noticed Charlie’s curious look, but ignored it. There would be plenty of time for... whatever... later. For right now, they had a room to search.
rotflol

That shows what a good team they are!

“Uhh... yeah.” Allowing herself one last thought for Charlie, she directed her mind to why she was there. “I think I’ve solved one of your murder cases for you.”

Henderson’s eyebrows rose. She almost expected him to challenge her and marshaled her thoughts to respond.
Whoot! omigosh that is Lois to the T!!

"I will get out of this,” Stafford continued to shout even as the police stuffed him in the police car. “And when I do, you’re dead! Do you hear me, Lane? You’re dead!”
Ah, Lois Lane begins her career on a familiar note!! He would've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for her meddling....

The only thing I might have worried about was if anyone detects that his lock was tampered with. He could then claim that all the stuff they found was planted. I'M not telling tho...

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still, if her name had appeared, she wouldn’t have the chance to get this information now. She would have to remember that in the future.
So Cat is thinking ahead!

Bob Stafford... Does he always take two coffee filters... you know, when he swipes filters from the Ink and Quill?”
Caught because he's too cheap to buy his own filters. What are they, $1.98 for a package of 200 at Costmart? wink

And good work, L&C, with finding out about Bob. I knew he was a villain back at the beginning when he was badmouthing Superman.

She’d been relieved when Henderson hadn’t questioned her too carefully about how... It almost reminded her of the army’s policy of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell.’
I think Henderson is a master at asking only for evidence that will be admissible!

Getting convictions against Stafford for possession for the purposes of trafficking and production of narcotics was going to be a no-brainer - as would the custodial disposition that would undoubtedly follow.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the custodial disposition?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So Clark has changed the past again. Let's see:

- Paul must now hate Lois. He won't publish her stories anymore. Maybe she will work for the Daily Planet earlier than in the original timeline.

- Bob was arrested, so he won't became the Governor of New Troy’s science adviser in the future.

- He has met Henderson.

- Lois has collected one more death threat. Clark will stay in the past a lot longer because he fears for her safety.

- He is prone to make still more changes. :p

At this point there isn't a timeline anymore, it turned a timeweb. hyper hyper hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
A lot of fun to see Lois in action as a young reporter! hyper

Isn't it possible Henderson would recognize Clark down the road and think, "hey, Kent looks an awful lot like Charlie King..." Yet if he doesn't recognize he's Superman... I guess we can just assume that like most Superman-verses, Clark won't be recognized by those who shouldn't know wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Definitely fun to see Lois in action, with the help of Charlie, of course!

Guess the speculations were right, regarding Bob, but Paul is somehow involved. It is just a matter of proving it.

Wonder how Lois is going to get the confession out of Bob???

And might the little bit of GHB cause a delayed reaction in Charlie??

Anyhow, looking forward to more!

smile1 smile1 smile1

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great part! I, too, really enjoyed seeing investigative Lois - and investigative Cat!

Paul is involved, I know he is.

Bob's threat sounded serious enough. shock

And I have to agree with Andreia - there isn't a time line any more, there is a time web!

Ann

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Caught because he's too cheap to buy his own filters.
There is a kind of poetic justice in that, isn't there. laugh

what is the custodial disposition?
A custodial disposition is simply another way of saying 'jail time' or 'prison time.'

So Clark has changed the past again.
I guess whether Clark has changed the past again would depend on whether Lois would have broken this case without him - or, would Lois, once Clark changed the past by telling her she was drugged, have eventually broken the story? If that's the case, then there would be no further changes to the past just because Clark helped her do it.(Okay, now I've got that headache again dizzy )

At this point there isn't a timeline anymore, it turned a timeweb.
laugh

Isn't it possible Henderson would recognize Clark down the road and think, "hey, Kent looks an awful lot like Charlie King..."
Good question. laugh

Another good question is... why the heck am I up at six a.m.? Well, I think I'm going to go back to bed for another hour, but I must say I enjoyed all your comments - even if it is too early to be up reading comments.

ML

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved Henderson's calm acceptance that Lois had solved a murder for him. It's only logical, after all, given how he explained that murders were more important the last time she came to visit him at the police station.

Guessing that Bob and Angelina knew each other because they were both "science" majors does grate on my science-major brain a bit, but maybe that's just how it is from the perspective of a journalism major. Now, Bob is physics/chem, and Angelina was a pre-med workaholic, so say she was bio/chem; so both being chemistry majors and of the same year(?), yeah, I can see that they would know each other.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked the drug story.. there were so many separate plotlines and characters (Mayson, Angela, Lois, Cat & footballers).. terrific! But is it over or has this made future Bob more dangerous albeit not as a Governor's advisor?

Hmmm, I don't think Lois' suspicions on Paul's involvement is baseless. He could be involved if only to protect his best friend.

So, all these events have sprouted from Clark encountering a drugged Lois. As you or someone else pointed out, the time-change matters more if something drastically different happens rather than something happening sooner. I think Bob's arrest is one such event. Assuming of course that the 1997 Governor's science advisor would not have had a criminal record wink

I think student-Lois would eventually have had a story in the Daily Planet so maybe that is not such a big change.

So, now the question is when is Clark going to get his headaches, assuming they are related to time-changes. laugh

So Clark (Charlie) has now met Linda and Henderson before he was supposed to have met them. But is he somehow going to meet some people whom he already knows from his past? I'm still wondering whether Clark-1987 is gonna show up in this story.

However much Lois has figured about about the mysterious time traveler and taken it in stride, I wonder how she'll react to his being a contemporary.

Hey, I wonder if all this will finally result in the world not finding out Clark's super secret...

thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry, got behind again in FDK.

Maybe she found out what Bob was up to and planned to meet with him in order to confront him about it...”

“...and when she did, he drugged her and killed her.”

“Did you two practice that?” Molly asked, amused.
That was cute. I love when LnC start finishing each others sentences. smile

Well, except... the football players on my list... you know, the ones not writing their own exams, might well consider someone Einstein who is just slightly more intelligent than your average slug.”
whinging

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
“Did you two practice that?” Molly asked, amused.
rotflol I always enjoyed their completing one another's sentences on the show, too. I've often wondered how long Terri and Dean had to practice to make it sound so smooth, and whether those scenes required more takes than most.

“I’ll be fine,” Charlie assured her.
Knowing Clark's metabolism, I'm sure he will be; but it would make for an interesting story if "Charlie" were affected...

“Hi, boys,” Cat purred as she prowled the room.
You really do have Cat down pat.

Charlie seemed to know an awful lot about investigating a story.
Ah...She finally realized this. Then again, she's been preoccupied with so many other things, she can be forgiven if she is slow on the uptake here.

His hasty exit almost looked like an escape.
Clark, good avoiding Henderson. Lois, get used to it!

when Henderson approached, Charlie didn’t disappear.
So much for Clark avoiding Henderson...

“Here’s my idea...”
ML, you do like leaving us wondering, don't you?

Looking forward to the next part.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., You asked us to let you know when "Clark" appeared where there should be "Charlie." There were a few instances when "Clark" said or did something even though "Charlie" was referred to in the rest of the passage:

That maybe she just used that term with her roommate because it was easier than explaining the real reason she was going out,” Clark said.
“If it exists,” Clark cautioned.
“Try under the mattress,” Clark suggested
“Is it possible GHB is not the only thing he’s cooking up?” Clark asked.

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Again, I'm enjoying the questions and speculation. Hopefully, most of your questions will be answered in time.

p.s., You asked us to let you know when "Clark" appeared where there should be "Charlie." There were a few instances when "Clark" said or did something even though "Charlie" was referred to in the rest of the passage
Thanks for pointing those out. If you spot more, let me know.

ML wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
most of your questions will be answered in time .
Hahaha, good one ML. lol

-George Bernard Shaw
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/peeks into thread/

Hmm... looks like there's already a ton of feedback there, so any new stuff is likely going to be redundant...

/starts leaving thread for bed, remembers horse heads can go both ways, turns around and runs back to thread/

hyper

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I think this is the actor, Antonio Sabato Jr., when he was younger (of course, I could be wrong). As Linda said, Bob might be a jerk, but he's not bad to look at. No wonder he's a Beta Beta member. laugh

[Linked Image]

Which brings up a question... Who is playing the part of Paul?

ML wave

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmmm how about this guy for Paul? He's a writer and everything.

Drew Bowling

[Linked Image]

-George Bernard Shaw
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I like him, but Paul has to be a blond. Can't tell from that picture if this guy is? Doesn't look like it. Maybe he colors his hair. laugh

ML wave

MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
What about this guy for Paul? (don't have a clue who he is - but figure he could make Lois' heart go pitter-patter laugh )

[Linked Image]

Anyway, I'm working on the next part. It will be up at midnight.

ML wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
Great stuff in here, ML. I figured the investigation would pick up soon, since I assume there is a lot more for Lois and "Charlie" to do before Clark gets back to his own time. And you definitely didn't disappoint -- nice job at building the tension, yet keeping things moving. Of course, every time Clark solves one problem, he creates another, but then, that's time travel for you. wink

Beside the obvious changes to Lois's future, it occurs to me that Clark has really changed his own future with this one -- if Robert Stafford has a drug conviction in 1987, he's certainly not going to be the Governor's Science Advisor in 1997. I wonder how things have changed now for Superman? Alas, I have a feeling he's about to find out how significant the change is with another attack soon. help

Loved the other little hints to the future dropped in here, too ... Cat deciding that she needs to keep her name out of the papers (does this mean she's going to be a professional snitch masquerading as a top gossip columnist? goofy ), Clark avoiding Henderson so he won't be recognized later (I assume he was OK with it at night because of the darkness and threats against Lois take priority?), Henderson letting Lois come along on the bust (better get used to it, buddy!) But my favorite was Lois just assuming that Clark is from way in the future when men all have superpowers, so it doesn't occur to her that he might actually be her peer. It's kind of a roundabout nod to Clark's "secret identity" -- Lois sees what she wants to see because of assumptions she makes early on. Clark doesn't have to lie; he just tells her "certain truths to keep her from finding out other certain truths." wink

So now I just need to know how Lois is going to get her confession and whether Paul is in on it ... can't wait to find out!

Kathy (tempted to stay up until midnight to read the next chapter, but will hopefully stay strong enough to read tomorrow when I'm more awake!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard