Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Should I be ducking rotten tomatoes or hiding from pitchforks?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whoa! I was so relieved that was a dream Lois had. Whew!! You do know how to very effectively torture us!! I was getting ready to start whinging

EvelynC
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep, I'm really happy that was a dream (or really, a nightmare). The intro to the Times Man of the Year was really great. Little do people know how he is still suffering.
The island was great.
Way to contrast the good and the bad.
Ready for more.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tremendous!
She wanted her children to be happy and safe. She wanted her husband to know he’d never face another fight alone. She wanted to leave things just a little better than she found them. Perhaps the old Lois Lane would have thought she’d grown soft. Or maybe her younger self would have been able to recognize that it wasn’t how hard she fought that had changed, but what she fought for.
I almost cried when I read this. Poetic, poignant, a testimony to your expertise as a writer. And so true to how Lois would have changed, given everything she's been through.

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Loved the intro to the Time's Man of the Year - it was excellently written!

Also liked the time on the island.

And the part where Lois wondered if the Lois of ten years ago would recognise her current self - it illustrates very clearly how she has grown and matured over the years.

smile

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She wondered what he meant by “no need to bring a thing.” Perhaps he was extending a clothing optional invitation.
hyper And what do you call somebody who goes willingly back for more torture, plus hates the waiting between two torture sessions? huh laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
I'm hoping that with this baby Lois will some how lose her invulnerability and UW will stay on New Krypton or something.Suddenly, I want Lois to be a stay/work at home mom.I know, I'm losing it.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was a great part, so rich and varied. There were so many emotions different situations in it. But you gave me a heart attack with Lois's dream. For a moment there, I thought it was for real.

Ann

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this part and (since I didn't say so for the past few posts) I've really enjoyed the direction the story is taking. I'm much more confident that no matter what happens with the baby, I think that Lois and Clark could weather it. I certainly don't want anything bad to happen, I just think that their relationship is strong enough now that they could work through it in time.

The only sticky point for me now, is what will happen to Clark's investigation into the Triads. There's potential for such heartache there if something happens that reminds him of New Krypton.

Can't wait for the next part,
B

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading and commenting, especially given how cruel I was with this part.

I'm glad you didn't really start crying, Evelyn. I feel bad enough given what I do to fictional Lois. I wouldn't want to make a real person cry. wink

Thanks, Artemis. I was hoping this part could show the difficulties of their multiple personas - having to keep up the appearance of everything being okay when it really isn't, etc.

Iolan, thanks for your comments. I'm really glad you liked that segment. I figured a little reflection from Lois at this juncture in her life makes sense. They really do lead a life less ordinary, but oddly enough, it's the ordinary things that are most important to them.

Thanks, DW. I'm glad you liked the Man of the Year stuff. I figured someone ought to acknowledge just how big a freakin' deal Superman's return was. wink

Masochist, Michael. Such a person is a masochist. Thanks for reading. wink

Sorry, SJH, I someone can't see that in the cards.

I know I'm a big jerk for doing it, Ann, but I thought it was necessary to show the dream to give a flavor to just how awful the waiting really must be for them. I can't even begin to imagine...

Thanks, BJ. Most of the recent development in this story has been an attempt to show just how far their relationship has come - at various points in the last year and a half, it seems like they were only hanging on by a thread. Now, it seems like they are exactly where they're supposed to be, at least as far as their relationship with one another goes.

More is on its way!

Regards,

Rac

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard