Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
I miss the Edgewater - do they still have Sunday brunch? I miss the flying fish...

At least Lois won't be complaining about being old and dried up... dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh Twinny Twin Twin!! grumble They really DO stop working for no reason Clark!

Lois’ voice caught as she looked up at him. “I’m serious. I know I’ve been somewhat … judgmental … about them getting married so fast, but … Jimmy found the love of his life when he wasn’t even looking … Just look at him and Sarah, Clark. Their relationship is so easy, so simple …” She took a deep, shuddering breath. “It’s love.”

“Lois …”

“They’re so happy,” she continued. “So young … and I’m his mother.”
I busted out laughing on this part. laugh

“Yeah.” He paused, working up his nerve as she stood before him, looking magnificent in a fitted black dress with tiny black straps and a single strand of pearls. “And Lois, you are very beautiful.”

“What?” A shaky laugh escaped. “Now who’s bringing the crazy?”

Clark shook his head as he stepped toward her. “I’m very serious,” he said. “And you can be mad at me tomorrow for saying this, but tonight … Just know that you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen in my life.”
Wistful sigh.

The one where he woke up with his heart pounding in his chest, the memory of Lois burned into his mind and the feel of her lips against his and the smell of her skin so real that it he could barely breathe.

He lay there, barely awake, a small smile playing about his lips.

Some nights, like last night, the fantasy seemed so … real.
Okay, I must admit - I thought that they had kissed or something the night before.

Before Clark could react, the covers were thrown back.

“Do you think he knew I was here?” Lois asked breathlessly.
But THIS totally surprised me! Post soon Twin pleeeeaaase!! grovel

I'm so glad you're writing again! Muwah!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmph. They probably weren't even REAL fish!
Nope, they're real fish - there's a fish stall in Pike's Place Market where they throw the fish to one another instead of just handing it to the person weighing it for sale. cool

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice done!

For the first half of it I was sort of wondering which Friends episode you'd been watching. I was mentally going through all the weddings. Hadn't actually though this was the way you were going... until I got this far, that is:

“You must have had him in college,” the man continued. “You look great!”

He sauntered off, ice clinking in his glass, and didn’t catch Lois’ reaction.

Clark, on the other hand, had never seen his partner so stunned.

“Lois?” he said after a minute. “Are you okay?”

Her voice was a low hiss. “His … mother?”
From then on, I could see the end coming. I hope though, that you also show us some of what happened from Clark's comment about Lois being beautiful to the morning after.

Looking forward to more!

Cris
Features Writer
Features Writer
Nope, they're real fish - there's a fish stall in Pike's Place Market where they throw the fish to one another instead of just handing it to the person weighing it for sale.
Oh no, Steph is right. But, well, you are, too. Allow me to explain. She, Kltpzyxm and DaisyMay390 came to visit for my baby shower in 2009 and I took them to Pike Place Market, like any good tour guide would. Well, the fish guys hadn't been throwing any fish the whole time we were there, so we started encouraging/chanting for them to "throw some fish! throw some fish!"

So the one guy throws a fish alright -- right at AT ME. I'm standing at an angle where all I see out of the corner of my eye is something huge coming right toward me, and hey, I'm pregnant, and and therefore have smell aversions, so I SCREAM and jump out of the way. You know, a reflex? Well, the damn thing was a STUFFED fish. So I'm mortified, the three of them are DYING laughing, and all of these old, foreign tourists are shocked and I swear a couple of them took pictures. Hmph. razz

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, that's what you get for teasing the fishmongers. laugh

At least they used to juggle real dead fish.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Great work; I have enjoyed part 1, can hardly wait for part 2! The ending was a surprise, and nicely done!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is really excellent! Can't wait for the next part. cool

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whew hoo! Monica and Chandler!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was a fun read! Lois being thought of as Jimmy's mother - oh-oh!!! And the delightful surprise of Lois being in Clark's bed in the end. No one was more surprised than Clark himself! laugh

Ann

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper hyper hyper hyper

Fortunately, it was her partner standing in the hallway, looking no worse for the wear after a six-hour flight.

“Clark!”

He had barely stepped into the room before Lois threw her arms around him.
For a moment there I wondered if you hadn't mixed some early Season 3 into this, too blush But maybe that was just projecting them into an atmosphere where more could happen between then. Of course, I hadn't read the rest of this ficlet yet blush

“Good,” Lois said drily. “I was starting to worry I’d have to fill in as best man.”

“I’m having a hard time picturing you in a tux,” Clark said, laughing. “But it would make for some very interesting wedding photos.”
Well, just wait till the Chi of Steel...

As Clark shut the door behind them, Lois flopped onto his bed with a dramatic moan.

“I hate you,” she wailed plaintively. “Leaving me on that plane alone.”
And again, S3 projection. After all, it could mean that Lois knows, and Lois knows Clark.
“You abandoned me,” she reminded him archly. “I’m thinking of throwing myself off the Space Needle on the way to the airport Sunday.”

“Do you really think killing yourself is going to solve anything?”

She laughed at his perceived naïveté. “I’m banking on Superman showing up to rescue me, and giving into my pleas to fly me back to Metropolis.” She sat up and glowered at him. “If I have to spend another six hours with that woman, only one of us is getting off the plane alive.”
Or not huh

Her awareness began Sarah’s bridal shower, when everyone – including Sarah’s grandmother – brought sexy lingerie as gifts. Lois was one of two people to give her something else. She bought a fondue set. Sarah’s mother showed up with a basket of edible body paint.
/bursts out laughing/ No strippers?

“You must have had him in college,” the man continued. “You look great!”

He sauntered off, ice clinking in his glass, and didn’t catch Lois’ reaction.

Clark, on the other hand, had never seen his partner so stunned.

“Lois?” he said after a minute. “Are you okay?”

Her voice was a low hiss. “His … mother?”
Must be me reading this bright and early but it took me till the last sentence to realize he was talking about Lois being Jimmy's mother. And then there is this from Just Say Noah.
... And then you took my hand and said, 'Jimmy, _I_ can make a man of you...'
laugh

Clark shook his head as he stepped toward her. “I’m very serious,” he said. “And you can be mad at me tomorrow for saying this, but tonight … Just know that you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen in my life.”
So far, so good. Completely expected nothing to happen anymore. And then.
Clark was having that dream again.
So things *did* happen. shock
Some nights, like last night, the fantasy seemed so … real.
Well... duh! /squats tiniest flickers of doubt./ I think there's not even a single instance in LnC fanfic where a dream turn's out to have been just a dream instead of the real thing.
The sound of the door connecting his room with Jimmy’s opening jarred him from his thoughts – had he forgotten to lock it when he went to talk to Jimmy before the rehearsal dinner? – and panicked, he fumbled for his glasses.

His expression was incredulous as his young friend bounded in, dressed in the same outfit he had worn to the rehearsal dinner, minus the tie.

“Jimmy, it’s 5:30 a.m.! Have you even been to bed yet?”
/Eagerly waits for Jimmy's tired/slightly drunk? stupor to lift enough to notice Lois lying next to Clark.

Before Clark could react, the covers were thrown back.

“Do you think he knew I was here?” Lois asked breathlessly.
Whoa. I never expected Lois to be this nonplussed. And it took me till the FDK thread's details to remember bits and pieces of said Friends scene. Wasn't Monica engaged in certain activities at the time of the interruption. /wonders about the logistics of waking up and hiding under the covers fast enough not to be noticeable from the connecting door.

Great ficcy, Jenn. Any chance of you muse turning naughty for an epilogue after you're posting the second and last part of this way too short display of your mastery of this fandom? grovel

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh, ooh, fun stuff... where's part 2??

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I really wondered where you were going with this, saying that an episode of Friends inspired it and nearer to the end I thought "no, it couldn't be that one, could it??" and then it was! laugh

Great fic but I really want part 2 now!

smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I of course knew exactly where you were going with this when I saw that it was based on that ep of Friends, since I can almost rival you on Friends trivia. I loved it! The way Lois kept on repeating about how she was Jimmy's mother was great! Suzzanah sounds so annoying, you really wrote her well! I can't wait for part 2! clap dance

Come on Lois you havent said a word since 1866!

Thanks for the avatar, Hana.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I am not a connoisseur of all things "Friends", so I didn't expect any of it. Please know, though, that I really enjoyed this Lois. You really captured her spirit and annoyance and gave some really funny lines to Clark. Oh, and Lois being mistaken as Jimmy's mother?
rotflol
I can't wait to see part 2!
BJ

Features Writer
Features Writer
I just read somewhere that you wrote a new story and so I'm back here and reading. What do you say now? ;-)

LOL to be honest, at first I thought, OMG Jimmy is singing that ABBA song. (I have to admit, that I've seen Mama Mia not long before...)

I totally enjoyed reading your new story and I can't wait to read the second part of it! Jimmy and Sarah - what a great couple. I always wished they would have had a longer part on the show.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, I never saw the episode, so I'm clueless about what happens next. Eagerly awaiting Chapter Two, however!

Columnist
Columnist
Hi Jenn,

Loved this! You write Lois and Clark so well, which is why I miss your writing so much. smile

Poor Lois! Jimmy's mother! No wonder she was so upset.

Great ending and I can't wait till you post the next part ... hint, hint! laugh

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this. For me the end was completely unexpected. jawdrop

Despite the fact that they are in bed together, I don't believe they did anything but sleep. Clark being ... without experience, I have to believe that there is no combination of being awakened unexpectedly that would cause him to forget that event.

I am very much looking forward to the next part.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard