Print Thread
#72276 06/16/10 09:13 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow! I'm so glad that Clark saw Lois and Patrick kiss, but I'm even happier that nothing is going on between Lois and Patrick!

“I was going to ask if we could start over.”

“As in... acting like none of this has happened?”

“No. As in... me begging you to forgive me.” He took a step toward her.

Lois lifted her hand to stop his approach. “No!” She gulped to swallow the lump in her throat. “I survived the broken heart this time. I might not again.”
Well put, Lois. But of course, we all hope you'll reconsider. But I agree that Clark should suffer a little bit longer, so that he doesn't make the same mistake all over again.

Clark was sure Jonathan was angry about this whole situation because as soon as he’d finished his supper, which he’d accomplished in silence, he’d excused himself.
So Jonathan is punishing Clark too. That's good.

Clark couldn’t suppress the smile on his face. She was truly something else.
Sweet! Clark isn't angry or jealous that Lois has written a huge front-page story, he is happy and proud of her instead!

“Senator?” If there was a Senator involved, the last place he wanted to be was across the globe from Lois. What if she got herself in trouble and needed Superman?

What was he saying? She didn’t need his help. More importantly, she didn’t want it.
Oh yes, Clark, she might indeed need your help.

Clark meant well, because he only wanted to keep Lois safe. It was an honest mistake, but it was also a very serious, major mistake. He thought he could run her life for her instead of letting her decide things for herself. That's unacceptable. I am reminded of a very old comic book, where Superman proposed to Lois and wanted to marry her as Superman - but in order to protect her from villains who might want to kill her or use her to blackmail him, he was going to lock her up in his Arctic Fortress! Where she would be sitting all alone, deep in an Arctic windowless "cave"! And then he would come and visit her when he could find the time! Can you believe that Lois said yes???? (And in case you are wondering, they went through with the wedding, but then Lois found out that Superman had been mind-controlled when he proposed, so she asked for an anullment - the things you could read in the old comic books, eh?)

My point is that Clark made a very, very serious mistake, but now he has realized how wrong he was. Yes, he deserves to be punished a little more, but not too much more. Clark doesn't own Lois, but Lois also doesn't own Clark. It can't be fun to keep pining for a woman who keeps punishing him and punishing him. Clark isn't just another ex, Lois. He isn't Paul or Claude. He may have broken your heart, but your heart still needs him. And he has saved your life many times, and your life still needs him!

Ann

#72277 06/16/10 11:52 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well put, Ann! I can't believe that about the old comic book! But I'm also glad Superman wasn't in his right mind when he proposed---neither was Lois IMO... Anyway, I'm sure there have been analyses made about Clark/Superman and his almost obsessive need to protect Lois and Lois' almost obsessive need to be put in danger aka 'to go after the story'... But what I think makes Lois & Clark work is that in the end, they end up saving each other. smile awwww sloppy

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#72278 06/17/10 01:35 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I am also very, very happy that nothing further will happen between Lois and Patrick - but what will happen next when Clark is in London? Will Lois get herself into trouble? And Clark/Superman won't be able to help?

Waiting for part 4! smile

#72279 06/17/10 09:14 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Whoa, there!

It took me until Patrick actually left to convince me that he wasn't out to kill Lois this time around. And I wondered why. And what you had planned next. And if it where all just a scam.

Then came this:
She was on her way to pose as a prospective buyer for what she believed to be a trafficking ring. Larry Smiley was a nationally renown evangelist turned dealer in human goods
Of course, my first reaction was another whoa, there! Then I immediately flashed forward to angsty scenes of Lois making a second career as a sex-slave help

Only to stumble over this:
The sixty point headline on the front page of the Daily Planet the day Clark went back to work reminded him, and the entire world, that Lois Lane was the best at what she did. Larry Smiley and his crusade of evil had been thrust into the spotlight in a manner he probably hadn’t intended. He’d been arrested, along with several others, on numerous charges against his fellow man.
Lois is safe! help

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#72280 06/17/10 10:51 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Thanks everyone for all the comments. I'm glad you're reading and apparently enjoying. Michael, just so you know, I'm not a good A-plot writer. I won't say much more than that, but rest assured, Lois will not be a sex-slave! laugh

Hopefully new part tomorrow.

SQD

#72281 06/17/10 05:01 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful tale.

Framework4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard